Visiting Guest
Angry furnace won't shut off

My furnace won't stop running. Help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-01, 09:41 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Question What kind of heat

Remove tstat and remove all wires going to it.Make sure you label them so you where they go back.Does heat still run?Give us a holler back!!!!PDF

Old 12-27-01, 11:31 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
<<<<<<<<<MORE INFORMATION REQUESTED>>>>>>>

Hello Blackdog30. Welcome to my Gas Appliances forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Do not hesitate to expound in more detail about the exact problem situation with the heating unit. In depth and detailed information regarding the problem, helps to explain the situation your dealing with in a manner that allows myself and or several other professionals, in this forum, to offer the best possible helpful suggestions and advice.

Also provide the units brand name, year, model, serial numbers, if available, type of ignition system and the location of the heating unit.

>>>>>>Please include details regarding any recent repairs made, if any, always are helpful details for those of us replying back to know.<<<<<<

Any and all additional detailed information you can provide may help to expose a clue regarding the hearters current problem and help us to determine the exact repair to the problem.

Your assistance in this matter would be beneficial.

To add more information, please use the reply button. By doing so, the additional information you add will remain within this posting {Thread} and allow the professionals in this forum to follow the topic and reply with helpful advice and suggestions.

Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem solving methods, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair proceedures and instructions, pictorials and schematics, which may be available online.

Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers if you stop in at the store. The info will help to determine the ignition system and possible problem causes.

Check the recent postings and ARCHIVES, within this forum, for other postings on your topic, specific appliances problem or conditions and read the replies offered.

Chances are the topic, condition and or problem has already been covered in complete detail.

Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart....Company Enterprises.....TCB4U2B2B
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technician.

Old 12-28-01, 04:28 PM
Visiting Guest
solution

the thermostat wiring had a short right behind the thermostat, the wiring is old, has cloth insulation! Thanks to all who took the time to look at my question, fortunately I found the answer at another forum, Allexperts. Both are great sites. Thanks again.