Hooking up a Vent free Gas Space Heater

Old 01-05-02, 04:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Hooking up a Vent free Gas Space Heater

I recently bought a vent free space heater for my basement. I needed both back up heat and something to warm it up now! I have a gas furnace in the next room and installed a damper in the rec room but not enough heat. The basement is half under grade and half above. The floor is very cold and I want to finish fixing it up for use in the winter.

I need help installing the unit now and tapping into the gas line. Can anyone provide or refer me to a step by step book/forum? I am a handyman/maintenance man by trade but have never worked with gas before. Any help out there? I am not opposed to paying a HVAC person but believe I can try this myself with a little direction...

If you can't provide information don't bother posting your opinion. I posted this note because I came to a Do-it-yourself web site.... Is it? Yes, It will be vented with an open window or better...

Thank You

Old 01-05-02, 05:14 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down ...I Don't Recommend It!

Hello Kip. Welcome to the Heating and Cooling Appliance forum and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Unvented heating appliances may or may not be legal in your area. Check with local building and safety codes. Being simply available for retail sales does not always constitute legality in all areas around this ROCK {globe} we call EARTH.

I also doubt any professional on this web site within this forum will provide text step by step instructions. Rather difficult to do remotely located.

I personally do not have any online sources or other sources to help you or provide you with additional information. Possibly another professional can further assist you in this aspect.

Use CAUTION while heating. Unvented heaters produce fumes and consume room oxygen. Leave a window open or provide ventilation while the heater is in use and there afterwards.

Good Luck
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Fast, Fair, Friendly & Efficient.....
A Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultants & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: