Cleanout Or Replace Boiler

Old 02-06-02, 11:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking Cleanout Or Replace Boiler

I have a fairly old boiler. Lately, it has not kicked in to heat the home I keep it set @ 72f. It is lit but there is not boiling. My thermostat is about 5 years old. It looks as though it has been tampered with. I am hgoing to replace the thermostat but, I'd like to know if, I need a new boiler or a good cleaning? You comments are greatly appreciated!

Forum Moderator Note:

I am not an expert on this type of heating system. However, I have altered the topics wording to clearify the topic and to obtain the answers to your questions from professionals on this type of heating system.

Regards,
Tom_B

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 02-09-02 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-02, 09:24 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: Herman3

As my moderators note indicates, I am not an expert on this type of heating system. However, by moving the topic to the top of the forums list of topics, the professionals replying within this forum, may have suggestions, advice, opinions, and or a better understanding of the circumstances and or conditions, based upon the nature of the request contained within your question.

Check back several times for additional replies.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Efficient Service.....
Energy Conservation Consultants & Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technicians.

Old 02-10-02, 07:08 AM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
First things first...What type of boiler? Steam or hot water? If steam, ck. the water level at the sight glass, it should be no more than 50% full. With hot water, you may have circulator pump or relay problems.