How to Install Filter

Old 02-08-02, 09:02 PM
Visiting Guest
How to Install Filter

Hi, I am new here, so please be gentle I am also new to home repair, so I know this seems like a stupid question. Currently, I have black dust piling up around and near my heating vents. I am trying to figure out how I go about checking and changing my filter. I just moved in, so I have yet to check it. My heating also is fluctuating from warm to cool. I assume it's the filter, but dont know how I go about changing it. Do I shut off my heat? I have a gas furnace. Please, any advice would be appreciated.....
Thank-you

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-02, 11:16 PM
Conserve NRG
Visiting Guest
Hi Meghan125,
Could you describe your furnace in further detail. Is it big and round or square? Can you tell if it has a blower fan? How many doors are on it? What do the ducts look like that are attached to it? Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector? Any further information may be helpful.

Old 02-09-02, 05:01 AM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Depending on your system configuration: Most gas furnaces have the filter located in the blower compartment or in the return air duct work where it attaches to the furnace. Some may have a large central filter grill located in the house somewhere.