Dual Pack Thermostat Wiring

Old 03-02-02, 06:00 PM
kb6tlt
Visiting Guest
Smile Dual Pack thermostat wiring diagram

I am looking for the wiring diagram for the thermostat on my twin pack (heating & cooling) system. any information will be very helpful. Thanks, Bill

Forum Moderator Notes:
Subject {Thread} wording edited to clearify topic.

FYI:
Heating and Cooling units in combo are commonly termed or referred to as "Dual Packs."

Forum Moderator
Tom_B

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 03-03-02 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-02-02, 07:08 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
What is a twin pack? Is that the brand name? Do you just want to wire in a thermostat? Is the thermostat located on the unit? If so, high or low voltage?

Old 03-03-02, 07:42 AM
kb6tlt
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the response, the twin pack is both an air conditioner & a heating unit that is mounted on the roof, the thermostat is located on the wall in the living room, it has 4 wires coming from the transformer located on the unit, the voltage is LOW. the wire colors coming down to the thermostat are 1 yellow 2 red 3 black 4 blue
I have looked on the net for a picture diagram, but no luck.
You could email me direct at kb6tlt@charter.net
Thanks, Bill

Old 03-03-02, 07:59 AM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Ok, You have a package unit on the roof.. I will assume it is a gas pack since you only have four wires to your t'stat. Wire as follows between gas pack and t'stat: R to R , W to W, Y to Y, G to G. Note: the wire color does not have to match i.e. R=red, etc. Just the designation points, wire is wire and the color has nothing to do with the operation of system. If your designation points at low voltage hook up are different than above, please let us know.

Old 03-03-02, 08:56 AM
kb6tlt
Visiting Guest
Thanks, You are correct, it is a natural gas unit. I will try the wire hook up pattern, if I have future problems, I will try a new question.
Thanks Again, Bill

Forum Moderator Notes:
Subject {Thread} wording edited to clearify topic.

FYI:
Heating and Cooling units in combo are commonly termed or referred to as "Dual Packs."

BTW:
BEER comes in both "Dual Packs, 6 Packs and Twin Packs"....

Forum Moderator
Tom_B

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 03-03-02 at 09:51 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: