lennox G26 problem

Old 03-12-02, 04:21 PM
vrsantos
Visiting Guest
lennox G26 problem

I havea Lennox G26Q3-75 using a G776RGD-1 Johnson Controls ignition. Noticed when the temperature drop to thermostat setting combustion air blower is still running but LED on ignition control is off. If i turn off thermostat for a while then set it to heat it turns on LED and i can see the flame on the burners. this will work for about 4-6 hours then i won't see the flames again. Then if i turn off and on again it does the same thing. Any idea what could be wrong. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-02, 06:50 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Is your G26 a 90+ elite series? and is it a condensing furnace? Whether it is condensing or not will affect any type of diagnosis.

Old 03-12-02, 07:50 PM
vrsantos
Visiting Guest
I'm not sure if it is G26 90+ Elite Series, sn 5894F44576 might help? Yes it a condensing unit.

Old 03-13-02, 03:53 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Yes, you have a 90+ elite. Other than the led light on the ignition control, you should have a diagnostic LED on the control board. There should be a clear peep hole to view this LED and the diagnostic chart should be on the inside of furnace door or blower door.
It seems as though you may be going out on an exhaust or intake pressure switch.

Old 03-13-02, 04:44 PM
vrsantos
Visiting Guest
Are you referring to the BCC2 blower control board? And the switch would be the air probe(combustion) switch? And if it is, can i just buy one and replace it or are there more adjustments or calibration to be done?

Old 03-13-02, 06:34 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Don't know lennox products. It is the main control board. No, you probably will not be able to by lennox parts at your local HVAC supply house, home depot or any other do it your selfer type stores. Lennox is a closed shop and all replacement parts must come from Lennox or one of their dealers. Your problem may not be the combustion switch. What does the diagnostic tell you?

Old 03-13-02, 07:27 PM
vrsantos
Visiting Guest
I have inspected all the parts and compared it to the manual that came with it and the only control board is the BCC2 blower control board, which doesn't have any diagnostic LED.

Old 03-14-02, 03:22 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Since you don't have a diagnostic....How good are you with a multi-meter? Wait until the unit goes into lock out and check everything in the heat circuit. More than likely all overloads, relays, limit controls are before the ignition module. You may have to be there at the moment it goes out.

Old 03-21-02, 09:35 AM
ken paterson
Visiting Guest
same problem

I am having the same problem to a tee! I checked the upper limit switch and it was ok. I am looking at the pressure switch now, but in the mean time alot of people are telling me it is the blue johnson control module so I am replacing it with the upgrade kit. the kit also includes a flame sensor. I will let you know.

Old 05-13-02, 12:54 PM
ken paterson
Visiting Guest
Ive got your problem soved

Replace your ingition module with the honeywell upgrade kit. I have forgotten the part# but somewhere in these posts is the number. If I find it at home I will let you know. I replaced mine and it sovlved all my problems. Let me know

Old 12-29-12, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The ignition module you want is 30W33 Lennox OEM Ignition Control-Kit. I just joined this site and have a question. Today, I replaced my Johnson ignition control with the 30W33. When I restarted my furnace (G26--75), it fired up nicely, but turned off after a few minutes. Five minutes later it fired up again, but turned off again after a few minutes. While the furnace was running, the LED indicator on the unit was flashing 4 times and pulsing once, 4 times flash and one time pulse. It continued this for a few minutes until the unit turned off again. While I was waiting for the furnace to fire up again (about 5 minutes), there was no LED light. When it fired up again, the LED sequence began again.

On the front of my ignition control module it says the 4 second pulses followed by 1 second flashes indicate flame current is 3uA and to ensure 1uA to avoid lockout. However my diagnostic code sheet says that the LED should have a steady "heartbeat" during normal operation.

Is this unit defective or is something else wrong with my furnace?

Old 12-29-12, 04:54 PM
Received 24 Votes on 19 Posts
You're over 10 years late.

Old 12-30-12, 01:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Don't revive an old thread. It causes confusion that can be dangerous.

Start a new thread and repost.