Inoperative Furnace

Old 03-28-02, 07:29 PM
col5672000
Visiting Guest
furnace won't work pilot is lit

what I need to know is how to fix this furnace. It is an old furnace in my brother's house and he is temporarily unavailable to fix it or pay to have it fixed so I am trying to find an inexpensive way to fix it. I replaced the thermostat tonight because I thought that might be the problem but it didn't light afterwards. I don't even know if that was the problem but I don't know what else to check.

Please help, someone, anyone.

Old 03-28-02, 07:53 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
More Detailed Information Requested

Hello col5672000 and Welcome to the Heating and Cooling forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

What type of heating system are you referring to exactly??

Forced Hot Air Heating System? With or Without Air Conditioning?
Boiler Hot Water Heating System? With baseborad or radiators?

Check among the RECENT postings and ARCHIVES, within this forum, for other postings on your topic. The problem has already been covered in complete detail.

In depth and detailed information regarding the problem, helps to explain the situation your dealing with in a manner that allows myself and or several other professionals, in this forum, to offer the best possible helpful suggestions and advice.

Also provide the units brand name, year, model, serial numbers, if available, type of ignition system and the location of the heating unit. Any and all detailed information would help greatly.

Any and all additional detailed information you can provide may help to expose a clue regarding the heaters current problem and help us to determine the exact repair to the problem.

Your assistance in this matter would be beneficial.

To add more information, please use the REPLY button. By doing so, the additional information you add will remain within this posting {Thread} and allow the professionals in this forum to follow the topic and reply with helpful advice and suggestions.

Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem solving methods, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair proceedures and instructions, pictorials and schematics, which may be available online.

Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers if you stop in at the store. The info will help to determine the ignition system and possible problem causes.

Forum Moderator
TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Energy Conservation Consulting Services & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician Services.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: