central air

Old 03-27-02, 05:28 PM
nypkh
Visiting Guest
central air

I am looking to install a central a/c system in a ranch house with hot water heat. Can you give me any advice or resources to research ducting?
Thanks

Old 03-27-02, 08:12 PM
rclhvac
Visiting Guest
goto http://www.hvaccomputer.com/main.asp

Down load the 40 dollar program and do a load calculation on your home - it will also give you the duct sizes base on the calculations

Old 03-28-02, 01:33 PM
nypkh
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I've already looked into that program and plan to use it. I'm more concerned with the transition from the air handler to flexible ducting, how do I accomplish this?. Also, can I run all the supply ducts off of one trunk or do I need multiple trunks for differrent diameter supply ducts?
I have experience with large vehicle (bus) climate control, but not residential.

Old 03-28-02, 01:48 PM
rclhvac
Visiting Guest
How many sq ft is your home?
How many rooms to cool?

Old 03-29-02, 11:05 AM
ahasbeen
Visiting Guest
Can't recall for sure but you might check with an HVAC supply house and ask if one of the rigid ductboard manufacturers, such as CertainTeed or North Bros., have a flyer on their products that would show different design configurations or layouts. Your a/c system is not going to be any better than its duct system. Wish I could tell you where to go on the internet

Old 03-29-02, 01:53 PM
nypkh
Visiting Guest
The house is approximately 1700 sq/ft including part of a basement I also need to cool. 6 rooms on main floor + 1.5 bath. One large room in basement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: