heat pump & electrical

Old 04-02-02, 09:30 AM
Dawn Levell
Visiting Guest
Unhappy heat pump & electrical

what would cause the compresser in the heat pump to burn up?
we have lived here for 1 year and this will be the third compressor
put in.
and one more thing out 100amp circuit breaker gets hot .

Old 04-02-02, 11:41 AM
Dawn Levell
Visiting Guest
Re: heat pump & electrical

Originally posted by Dawn Levell
what would cause the compresser in the heat pump to burn up?
we have lived here for 1 year and this will be the third compressor
put in.
and one more thing out 100amp circuit breaker gets hot .

Old 04-02-02, 01:18 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Someone missed

something--again--with a HP compressor failure(a burnout) an HH over sized filter drier should have been installed.It should have been changed again after 1 week of running time.BUT 1st,if installer did not use a dry nitrogen purge during install--harm has been already been done!!!!I would expect a problem with other electrical components,loose wiring weak start or run parts.HP compressors are built extra STRONG to take the extremes of a reverse cycle.HOWEVER,a system that is "dirty" to begin with it is prone to failure.Make sure you get the warranty!!!!!!!!I would have someone take an amp draw on 100 amp circuit.If it is 80 amps or less---have them check terminals from breaker to source of use.PDF

Old 04-02-02, 05:37 PM
ahasbeen
Visiting Guest
PDF has given you some good advice and I just want to emphasise again to you that with burnouts, a cleaned up system is a must if you don't want repeats. This means dry nitrogen, oversized suction filter, heatpump filter/drier and a good evacuation along with heat pumps' critical charge. And get that warranty !

Old 04-03-02, 12:13 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
ahasbeen

THANK-YOU!!!!!!!! After reading your reply to my thread I realized the most important thing---an oversized suction drier.For ahasbeen you are right on!!!!!!!!!!Thanks again!!!!!PDF

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: