Air conditioner temp. setting

Old 04-19-02, 12:54 PM
mmoreno
Visiting Guest
Cool Air conditioner temp. setting

My air conditioner is working fine but I set it to 75 degrees and it won't stop until it is 70 degrees is this a problem with the thermostat is this another problem.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-02, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think that it is the thermostat as it controls the system cycling.

You can try a better thermostat, but there is another option.

Since it seems to be off by 5 degrees why don't you just set it at 80F so it shuts off at 75F.

What are you measuring the temperature with, the thermostat or a regular thermometer. If you ar using the t-stat to check the house temperature, you may want to try a regular thermometer to see if the t-stat temperature reading is what is off.

Goog luck!

Old 04-19-02, 02:47 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Spend

a few bucks and buy a digital thermometer.They not only will read like 70 degrees but will be accurate and read like 70.7 degrees so and so forth.You can also use it to check temp out of your hot water,refrigerator temp,etc,etc,etc....Place digital next to tstat and check digital when cooling cycles on and off.---P.S. Glad to hear your a/c is doing the job.PDF

Old 04-19-02, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
my 2 yr old H/P digital tstat was 5 degrees off, replacing it lowered the elec bill since there was no guess work. digital thermometers are also great for seeing if the fried turkey is proper temp, and fish tanks!