Air conditioning pressure issue

Old 05-15-02, 01:48 AM
blkno3
Visiting Guest
Air conditioning pressure issue

A friend charged my central air, he said he thought it had a leak (slow) to wait and see
how it went. Well, it has'nt leaked off, but when
we turn the air on he kicks the compressor shut off sometimes. I brought gauges home and the high
side reads about 230, but the low side is 30 ish.
It still cools the house good, if you reset the
switch it sometimes will run for hours without
kicking off again!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-02, 04:02 AM
ServiceGrunt
Visiting Guest
Your high side press is to high & your lowside press is to low. Your friend overcharged the unit. You either have a plugged acoil, plugged filter, bad fan motor, bad TXV, or a restriction. What switch are you resetting ? What is the brand name & model #? Is your fan coil/furnace in the attic or basement?

Old 05-15-02, 04:33 AM
blkno3
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

A coil and furnace are in the basement, the unit is a Lennox model # HS18-411-8P. TKS

Old 05-15-02, 04:35 AM
blkno3
Visiting Guest
Sorry, I believe it is the compressor reset, we have not been running except fo that first day, did'nt want to cause damage. Also I washed the unit out really good, took the top off and use just a garden hose and then used the shop vac. It
was blowing a pretty good amount of xtra warm air that day. I have had it back just long enough to see if it was still cooling....to which it is!

Old 05-15-02, 06:04 PM
ServiceGrunt
Visiting Guest
The switch you are resetting is probably a high press reset. This is not a DIY project. You will have to call a pro. To many possible problems.