furnace cover installation

Old 05-19-02, 10:04 AM
jason69
Visiting Guest
Unhappy furnace cover installation

My wife and i recentlly bought a new mobile home, one problem, the furnace didn"t come with a cover. I contacted the manufactour and they sent us the cover(2-pice);by the way it's a coleman/evcon model dgaa070bdta, and for the life of me i can't figure out how the freakin' thing goes on?!. I have the upper and lower part figured out but thats about it. Please help!!!!!!!! Signed, Frustrated and confushed

Old 05-20-02, 08:43 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Jason. Welcome to our Heating and Cooling forum and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Now we are confused here. If you have the 2 pieces that make up the front cover and have figured out how the upper and lower parts go together, what else could there be?

Since the house is new, you should have the owners manual. Check the instructions on how they fit and attach to the unit. The 2 front cover pieces are most likely of different sizes, which will determine which is the upper and which is the lower part. One piece may have air intake louvers on it, while the other is soild.

Additional Suggestion:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, instructions & pictorials, all or part of which may be available online.

Forum Host & Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Efficient Service.....
Energy Conservation Consultants & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: