Which heat pump to buy?

Old 06-10-02, 06:57 PM
smj5169
Visiting Guest
Which heat pump to buy?

Yes I have a heat pump that is on it's last leg. I have had it filled with freon once in the last year and it seem's to be taking longer to cool down. The unit itself were the compressor is makes alot of noise when turning on and off and the company that check it last time said it would maybe last another year or two. Well if the unit starts blowing warm air again instead of paying someone $150 I think I will just buy a new one. My question our house is a 3 level contemperary 1900 sq. ft. What size unit would you get we have a 2.5 ton now and which brand? Which brand has a better warranty and which brand is a good quality? Thanks alot Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-02, 07:44 PM
ahasbeen
Visiting Guest
I'm partial to Bryant, DayNight and Payne. They are well constructed and trouble free if installed properly. Other makes such as Rheem, Trane , Lennox, are all good too. 2 1/2 tons for a 1900 sf tri-level sounds too small. If you replace, then you will have to replace the indoor unit also for a balanced system. BUT......your duct system MAY not be adaquate for the up grade. Spend 40 bucks and go to www.hvac-software.com, for an online heat load to find out what size is needed