a simple question...

Old 11-03-02, 08:40 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Unhappy a simple question...

I just want to know why other people post something here and get an answer and I don't......Whyyyyyyyy???????????????

Eduh

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-02, 06:00 PM
I can see your post just fine. I think that twelvepole moderates this category and probably has missed your post. Just hang in there and maybe try to repost if you do not get a response in a reasonable amount of time. Good Luck.

Old 11-05-02, 12:51 PM
Eduh,

What question did you post? I didn't see anything but this one. I did a search and saw one about kitchen colors. Is that the post you were referring to, if so, someone who can help you will post as soon as they can. Most of us moderators do work outside the home, and even though I don't I have been out of town for a few days visiting my son.

Kay

Old 11-05-02, 04:18 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest

Thank you, at least you both answer me this one, so I don't feel invisible anymore....

No, the one about the kitchen, is from somebody else and I am trying to help a little. The one I posted is in Law and is called "Money no returned", and I really need an answer, because my feeling is that I'm going to lose that money.

And as this is the whining site, let me tell you why I bought that ...thing. (Well you have to read the other post first to know this). I have a very strong medical treatment that make me feel very weak for some days when I take it. So when the salesman went to my house (a neighbor) and show me how that thing works, I though it would help me a lot whit the cleaning of my house, thats why I decided to buy the ...thing. But when his manager (not him) brought me the machine, he did not bring the whole thing, the things I needed more where missing. I asked him for them and he told me that I had to find four customers for him in order to get them. And i thought it was not fair, because I had paid a lot for that ...thing. Also he started telling me how I had to take care of the machine, and it was a missionnnnn! So I decided no to buy, and then my problems started!

So if you know the answer to my question, or somebody else knows, I need, PLEEEEAAAASE, to know the answer.

Thanks!

Eduh

Old 11-05-02, 04:41 PM
I saw your post, and it seems that you have a legal leg to stand on, but I'm not sure how to go about it. The forum where you posted is supported by www.freeadvice.com but doesn't link you directly there or answer your questions. Not sure why, but anyway. You can type in the above address and search through the questions and answers there. They also have an open forum board to post questions and at times there is an attorney online and can answer your questions directly. May be worth a shot to check into it.

Working with your credit card company is a good idea right now. Keep them abreast of what actions you've taken, and its also good that your son is involved.

Please don't ever berate yourself for making a mis-step such as this. Salesmen seem to prey upon those who need their products the most, yet don't deliver what the customer is promised or led to believe is the product. There are a lot of laws to protect us out there. When we are sick, and on certain medications we don't always think at our best. That's okay, too. They're the bad guys, not us. Same as kicking someone when they're down in my eyes.

Hopefully someone who does know the law regarding this will browse the legal forum and find your post. Sorry that I couldn't be more of a help. If it were me, I would follow the same path that you're taking, plus maybe call the your local courthouse and ask them who to talk to about this. They may be able to direct you to someone who can help you in the best way, and free.

Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out. I'm rooting for you!

Kay

Old 11-05-02, 04:52 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Thank you Kay, you make me feel a lot better! I am going to try what you told me and let you (and everybody) the results so they can learn from my mistake.

See ya!

Eduh

Old 11-17-02, 11:17 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Legal Issues

I recently went thru a bad problem (well my exin-laws did) and I ended up assisting them.

If you have an issue with the sales company you are dealing with, please consider too writing to the attorney general in your state. Thru negotiations and agreements with ours, I was able to get the 'company' we were dealing with to give a 100% reimbursement to my then in-laws for misrepresentation.

Please too let us know how it turns out!!

Old 11-19-02, 05:47 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Hello:

I talked to the Credit Card Co. again and they asked me a lot of questions, because the documents I sent to them "were not clear enough". They finally took out the amount from my bill, but later I received a letter from them that says they are doing that assuming that my request is valid, and that they are going to contact the other people to request the money.

All of that after one and a half month of doing the return and after a lot of calls to both, the Co. who sold me the product and the C/C Co. (After two months, I would not have any rights, as per the C/C policy)

Sooo.... I hope I don't hear from them again (crossing my fingers).

Thanks for your support, it really helped me.

Eduh

Old 11-19-02, 07:21 PM
Eduh,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. I'm glad the credit card company is backing you on this one. I'm sure that they will discover that this isn't the first time the scam has been pulled on someone else that also uses their credit card.

Kay

Old 11-19-02, 09:55 PM
Legal Question

While I do moderate a few forums on this website and try to visit many others, some times I miss some posts. I do visit the Law Forum, but it is not one of the forums I moderate or typically get an opportunity to visit. I am sorry that I missed your post. Some times posts get overlooked and some times folks who read posts simply don't have an answer. Most posts however get answered on this website

Typically, an unhappy customer can stop payment on a credit card by making the request in writing after attempting to resolve the situation with the merchant/retailer.

"The Fair Credit Billing Act allows you to withhold payment on any damaged or poor-quality goods or services purchased with a credit card, as long as you have made a real attempt to solve the problem with the merchant.

This right may be limited if the card was a bank or travel and entertainment card or any card not issued by the store where you made your purchase. In such cases, the sale must have been for more than $50 and must have taken place in your home state or within 100 miles of your home address."

Other Aspects of Using Credit. Consumer Handbook to Credit Protection Laws. The Federal Reserve Board. Retrieved 20 November 2002. http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/c...bk/aspects.htm

Old 11-19-02, 10:05 PM
Fair Credit Billing

Fair Credit Billing

Have you ever been billed for merchandise you returned or never received? Has your credit card company ever charged you twice for the same item or failed to credit a payment to your account? While frustrating, these errors can be corrected. It takes a little patience and knowledge of the dispute settlement procedures provided by the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA).

The law applies to "open end" credit accounts, such as credit cards, and revolving charge accounts - such as department store accounts. It does not cover installment contracts - loans or extensions of credit you repay on a fixed schedule. Consumers often buy cars, furniture and major appliances on an installment basis, and repay personal loans in installments as well.

What types of disputes are covered?

The FCBA settlement procedures apply only to disputes about "billing errors." For example:

unauthorized charges. Federal law limits your responsibility for unauthorized charges to $50;

charges that list the wrong date or amount;

charges for goods and services you didn't accept or weren't delivered as agreed;

math errors;

failure to post payments and other credits, such as returns;

failure to send bills to your current address - provided the creditor receives your change of address, in writing, at least 20 days before the billing period ends; and

charges for which you ask for an explanation or written proof of purchase along with a claimed error or request for clarification.

To take advantage of the law's consumer protections, you must:

write to the creditor at the address given for "billing inquiries," not the address for sending your payments, and include your name, address, account number and a description of the billing error.

send your letter so that it reaches the creditor within 60 days after the first bill containing the error was mailed to you.

Send your letter by certified mail, return receipt requested, so you have proof of what the creditor received. Include copies (not originals) of sales slips or other documents that support your position. Keep a copy of your dispute letter.

The creditor must acknowledge your complaint in writing within 30 days after receiving it, unless the problem has been resolved. The creditor must resolve the dispute within two billing cycles (but not more than 90 days) after receiving your letter.

Date
Your Name
Your Address
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Account Number

Name of Creditor
Billing Inquiries
Address
City, State, Zip Code

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute a billing error in the amount of $______on my account. The amount is inaccurate because (describe the problem). I am requesting that the error be corrected, that any finance and other charges related to the disputed amount be credited as well, and that I receive an accurate statement.

Enclosed are copies of (use this sentence to describe any enclosed information, such as sales slips, payment records) supporting my position. Please investigate this matter and correct the billing error as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Your name
Enclosures: (List what you are enclosing.)

What happens while my bill is in dispute?

You may withhold payment on the disputed amount (and related charges), during the investigation. You must pay any part of the bill not in question, including finance charges on the undisputed amount.

The creditor may not take any legal or other action to collect the disputed amount and related charges (including finance charges) during the investigation. While your account cannot be closed or restricted, the disputed amount may be applied against your credit limit.

Will my credit rating be affected?

The creditor may not threaten your credit rating or report you as delinquent while your bill is in dispute. However, the creditor may report that you are challenging your bill. In addition, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants who exercise their rights, in good faith, under the FCBA. Simply put, you cannot be denied credit simply because you've disputed a bill.

What if...

...the bill is incorrect?

If your bill contains an error, the creditor must explain to you - in writing - the corrections that will be made to your account. In addition to crediting your account, the creditor must remove all finance charges, late fees or other charges related to the error.

If the creditor determines that you owe a portion of the disputed amount, you must get a written explanation. You may request copies of documents proving you owe the money.

...the bill is correct?

If the creditor's investigation determines the bill is correct, you must be told promptly and in writing how much you owe and why. You may ask for copies of relevant documents. At this point, you'll owe the disputed amount, plus any finance charges that accumulated while the amount was in dispute. You also may have to pay the minimum amount you missed paying because of the dispute.

If you disagree with the results of the investigation, you may write to the creditor, but you must act within 10 days after receiving the explanation, and you may indicate that you refuse to pay the disputed amount. At this point, the creditor may begin collection procedures. However, if the creditor reports you to a credit bureau as delinquent, the report also must state that

you don't think you owe the money. The creditor must tell you who gets these reports.

...the creditor fails to follow the procedure?

Any creditor who fails to follow the settlement procedure may not collect the amount in dispute, or any related finance charges, up to $50, even if the bill turns out to be correct. For example, if a creditor acknowledges your complaint in 45 days - 15 days too late - or takes more than two billing cycles to resolve a dispute, the penalty applies. The penalty also applies if a creditor threatens to report - or improperly reports - your failure to pay to anyone during the dispute period.

An important caveat

Disputes about the quality of goods and services are not "billing errors," so the dispute procedure does not apply. However, if you buy unsatisfactory goods or services with a credit or charge card, you can take the same legal actions against the card issuer as you can take under state law against the seller.

To take advantage of this protection regarding the quality of goods or services, you must:

have made the purchase (it must be for more than $50) in your home state or within 100 miles of your current billing address;

make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute with the seller first.

The dollar and distance limitations don't apply if the seller also is the card issuer - or if a special business relationship exists between the seller and the card issuer.

Other billing rights

Businesses that offer "open end" credit also must:

give you a written notice when you open a new account - and at certain other times - that describes your right to dispute billing errors;

provide a statement for each billing period in which you owe - or they owe you - more than one dollar;

send your bill at least 14 days before the payment is due - if you have a period within which to pay the bill without incurring additional charges;

credit all payments to your account on the date they're received, unless no extra charges would result if they failed to do so. Creditors are permitted to set some reasonable rules for making payments, say setting a reasonable deadline for payment to be received to be credited on the same date; and

promptly credit or refund overpayments and other amounts owed to your account. This applies to instances where your account is owed more than one dollar. Your account must be credited promptly with the amount owed. If you prefer a refund, it must be sent within seven business days after the creditor receives your written request. The creditor must also make a good faith effort to refund a credit balance that has remained on your account for more than six months.

Suing the creditor

You can sue a creditor who violates the FCBA. If you win, you may be awarded damages, plus twice the amount of any finance charge - as long as it's between $100 and $1,000. The court also may order the creditor to pay your attorney's fees and costs.

If possible, hire a lawyer who is willing to accept the amount awarded to you by the court as the entire fee for representing you. Some lawyers may not take your case unless you agree to pay their fee - win or lose - or add to the court-awarded amount if they think it's too low.

Reporting FCBA violations

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) enforces the FCBA for most creditors except banks. The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357), or use the complaint form at www.ftc.gov. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.

Fair Credit Billing. Federal Trade Commission - Facts for Consumers. Retrieved 20 November 2002. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/fcb.htm

Old 11-20-02, 05:29 AM
I think that Eduh and I have something in common: we don't get it in writing. We trust that this 'business person' is going to do what they say, and uphold their end of the bargain. We trust.

I am realizing that there is a chain of command involved that we don't even see. This one person wearing a name tag or badge stating they are a manager or customer service representative doesn't mean they have the authority to promise us anything.

I got everything in writing when I purchased this car. I have a copy of everything. Any promised, agreements and arrangements are all in writing. They are dated and signed by both parties (owner of car lot and my husband) and dates saying when the agreement/arrangements are null and void. I probably overlooked something, but think that we covered a majority of the basis. This is a first for me, but after what Eluh went through, and all that I've been through in my 40 years I'm going to start covering my tail! I used to think, too, that if I said that I wanted something in writing that I would offend someone. Now I believe that if I am offered a good deal, then they won't mind at all putting it in writing. I discovered that when I purchased the car. When I said I wanted everything in writing before I presented my husband with the information about the car, they were on it. I had papers in hand before I walked out off the lot that day. When we actually purchased the car the next day, those same things were written up in contract form and signed by both parties.

Its okay to trust. Trust that not everyone can live up to the promises they make, not everyone actually has the authority to make those promises and/or make the company they work for honor those promises. Trust that some people have good intentions, but low motivation to follow through. I guess the biggest point is that everyone works off the same page.

Kay

Old 11-20-02, 12:30 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
lol

Twelvepole??

You have too much time on your hands, you know WAY too much for any one person...

Shouldnt you be taking a break and getting back to 100% anyway????? Or eating lunch with the Rotary, caus eI know you're not eating.....in fact - you probably had a slice of cheese right before you read this huh???

If I were only there....

Old 11-20-02, 12:54 PM
So a slice of cheese ISN'T lunch?

Old 11-20-02, 01:08 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Cheese

NO KAY...YOU EITHER...

Miss 'cold ravioli for dinner'

My goodness. I love you guys, but wish I was there to cook for you. (shakes head)

I am so sad Miss Kay, for losing all my moderator places.....

At least have a tuna fish sandwich and a glass of milk....make me feel better......

Old 11-20-02, 02:38 PM
Too much time on my hands!

Yes, that's it! Work. Home. DIY. Work. Home. DIY. Mountain Cabin. Work. Home. DIY. Slice of cheese!

You have me figured out, don't you? Sounds like I need to spend more time here if I missed eduhfajita's post. Sorry about that! I don't always get to the Law Forum. Will try to do better. There are just too many forums. And, to think I stay away from the Repair Forums, leaving them to geniuses like kaybyrd, the plumber, electrician, auto mechanic, and all around handy woman with a tool box.

This site can get to you. I rolled rubber roofing material on a flat roof all night in my sleep. After I finally managed to drag the rolls of that stuff up the ladder by myself and finally get it spread out smooth on the roof (an exhausting feet for one tiny person), I realized that I did not know what to do with the edges to seal it off. The instructions omitted any mention of the edges. I woke up so mad at people who write instructions.

Perhaps the instruction part was a result of trying to assemble a new vacuum for the store. The instructions were only 'fair' in helpfulness, and the illustrations were not helpful at all. It took three of us, but we finally got the new vacuum together. And, I got to vacuum my office.

I got so motivated that I wiped and cleaned everything in the office. It looks so nice. Wonder how long that will last before everything is buried under paper and coal soot again?

Anyway, I'm home. DIY! No cheese. I am out.

Old 11-20-02, 03:30 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Cheese

For Christmas Twelvepole (and couldnt you have picked an easier user name to type???)...

I think I will send you a chef ( a cute one!! )....or at least a shopping list....with easy, yet good things to eat.

LOL..

go to the store, or your neighbor's house.....and eat!!

Old 11-20-02, 04:20 PM
I am eating roast tonight. It was a gift from my mom. Huge roast, took two days in the crockpot to cook, but it is GOOD!

Not sure what we'll have tomorrow though. Probably grilled cheese and tomato soup. Ooow, how about grilled cheese and chili instead of soup?

I just don't eat breakfast or lunch, only dinner/supper with the rest of the family. I might drink a glass of milk for breakfast and then have a slice of cheese, or cheese and crackers for lunch if I remember to eat something. I did splurge today and got some french fries and a coke from Burger King. Wasn't having a good day today so I pretty much stayed sulled up all day.

Went to tae tonight, told my instructor that I wasn't in a good state of mind so I got to punch and kick things for a whole hour. Boy I feel better! Even came home with a hardy appetite!

I agree with type Twelvepole's screen name! My fingers just don't like going from the 't' to the 'w'. How about 12pole? or just 12? Okay, now I'm being lazy LOL

I think Twelvepole would like a masseuse more than a chef! I know I would!!!!!! A cute one would be even better!

Kay

Old 11-20-02, 04:37 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Laziness

DINNER sounds good! I still have to make butterscotch chip cookies for my loving man...(his favorite) I have never made him cookies before. Dont know what to do for dinner, was thinking sloppy joes for fun, but I need tomato paste.....I always seem to be missing something.

I am in a house where no one REALLY cooks, and I have taken over the kitchen. The roommmate spent $165 on groceries less than two weeks ago...and there was nothing to eat a couple of days ago. She's BIG on frozen dinners, which I hate. I think a lot of it went to that, tho I am meaning to ask her. I spent $65 yesterday and got just as much food. They like to have chips in the house, which I also hate, cause I end up eating them!!!

Anyway...you think 12 is lazy?

I was thinking T. LMAO....but I am serious!!!

I dont know what it is, but I am always having the hardest time tping out Twelvepole, for whatever reason I constantly misspell it. Something in my brain doesnt like it.

O well, back to trying to clean. Been online all day and watching the clock....gotta tape Enterprise for my baby..

Old 11-20-02, 04:58 PM
So, everyone is trying to fix me up with someone

I could use someone to rub my neck, because I think I have arthritis. Everyone develops arthritis in the neck as they age. Gourmet cook? I use to be one. But, no one to cook for, so a slice of cheese is fine with me.

Everyone at work and some of my customers are always trying to fix me up with someone. Here in E. KY, and I hate to stereotype, the ones I have met tend not to have teeth, driver's license (DUI), or a job. At this age and stage of my life, I don't won't my life complicated by another human or a pet. I just want to go home, lock the door and set the security system, and go to DIY.

Old 11-20-02, 05:16 PM
I asked my mom why that she didn't start dating again since dad has been gone for awhile. I hate the idea of my mom being by herself. I'm secure in the fact that my parents loved each other, and I am also a human and realize that my mom can love and be loved just as strongly by another man.

She said, "Men are too much trouble. I can't see trying to go through the dating, getting to know each other and then trying to arrange my life around another person. I want another husband like I want a puppy. Too much trouble."

I thought that was a hoot! I understand though. She has the house that she's always wanted, the car she's always wanted and a life she loves all by herself. If she wants to paint the walls pink, its her place and she can do what she chooses without having to consider the opinion of her spouse. Dad would have loved the car, but wanted her to be in something fancier. She likes her little Honda Accord. It suits her perfectly and has just enough features to make her life easier. She has flowers in bedroom on every table (dad was allergic). Life is good for her. When she is lonely, she calls us, visits us, calls her best friends to come over, or goes and visits them.

I don't know about you Patricia, but having a masseuse as a husband would probably drive me crazy. I don't mind hugging and affection, but not all the time. I have trouble with being 'bound' up when trying to move. If I am heading into the bedroom with a load of laundry, DO NOT hug me. I am a woman on a mission and do not want to be restrained. I am not the easiest person to live with, nor the hardest. Some strange place in between!

Kay

Old 11-20-02, 05:43 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
No Twelvepole, I do not want to set you up with someone.

Silly lady

I want to send you someone to take care of you (i.e. the cook, etc)...

I know you are strong enough on your own, but I also know you tend to forget yourself in your qwest to help others....

Remember you cannot help another if you neglect yourself.

Old 11-22-02, 04:28 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Kay, Gwyni, Twelve, may I called you liked that?

Thanks for everything.

Twelve, (pole is too much, I agree), I really appreciate all the info, I am going to print it, and put it somewhere I can find it (I hope).
I we weren't so far away, everyone of each other, I'll invite the three of you to eat my lasagna (my speciality) (it is that correct? my speciality?). And don't tell me you don't like lasagna if you haven't try mine, a lot of people had told me that, and when they have try it, they have asked for more... My daughter's friend even told me that I should open a "lasagna place", and that is a compliment coming from a teenager...

Talking again about what brought me here, I had never had a problem with a credit card co. The only problems I had with two of them was that I will send the payment seven and even twelve days early, and they try to charge me late charges, I simply transferred the money to another account, and that's it. But this kind of problem, I never had, so I didn't know how to deal with it.

And, even when your answer was a little late, Twelve, it has serve its purpose, to enlighten me on the matter.

Kay, I agree with your mom, after a certain time, it is hard to start over again, when you are used to do whatever you want to do, is difficult even to think about somebody telling you what to do and how to do things.

If something I said don't make sense to you, I'm sorry, I'm a Spanish speaker, and sometimes, I say things the way I would do it in Spanish, and not the way it should be said in English (I think right now I did it).

Twelve, they really don't have teeth!!!?

Eduh

Old 11-22-02, 06:56 PM
A simple question

Nothing is simple. Eduh, you have jumped in here and you must stay for the long term to keep us on target. We old ladies need advice.

Yes, the guys here in E. KY tend not to have teeth, driver's license, or job. Now, do you have a problem with me coming home every evening after work and setting the security system?
There is no place to go and nothing to do. It is a dry county. No movie theatre. Nothing. No decent restaurant.

If you want me to come for dinner, I will need very specific directions. I get lost in Walmart. If I can find my car, I will follow your directions, but I always get lost on the way home. Was I a blonde in a previous life?

Last edited by twelvepole; 12-02-02 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-22-02, 07:25 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Twelve, I was a blonde... at least for the first year of my life. Now I'm still a blonde... of Loreal.

You can move down here to Florida. Here you will find a lot of "shaking and shagging" at night everywhere (almost), and they have teeth (shark's teeth). So, I do the same you do, I come home every night and stay quiet, I don't like being bitten.

Eduh

Old 11-22-02, 08:30 PM
Blondes

I am a red head, and everyone swears I was a blonde in a previous life because I have no sense of direction and get lost trying to find my way out of Walmart. Thus, I really don't drive anywhere by myself. LIfe is much simpler if I go home and set the security system. The folks who work for me give me a hard time about it and so do the few people who know me. But, I don't need the extra stress. Right?

Old 11-22-02, 09:52 PM
I love my security system. I sleep so much better at night, and during the day when I'm alone I don't have to worry either.

Kay

Old 11-22-02, 11:00 PM
Security system

I hit the Away Key when I leave and the Stay Key when I get home.

Old 11-23-02, 04:54 AM
Its not that easy here. Have to arm it after all the kids are in and we're through with our running for the evening.

Kay

Old 11-23-02, 02:01 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
My security system is simpler: iron bars like in jail and a dog, who is the sweetest thing to me, but people, including policemen, are afraid of her (is a she) when they see her, poor thing!

Oh! and a neighbor who is always looking who is entering and leaving my house...

Eduh

Old 12-02-02, 03:53 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Press...

Never underestimate the power of the press, tell the guy you want what you were promised or you will take out an ad in your local newspaper telling everyone in the area just how bad you were treated and lied to etc! Also, don’t forget your Attorney General and Better Business Bureau. I have had some real good response to, “Well I’ll just contact my newspaper and ATT.Gen. and see where that takes me”. Amazing things happen when they here PRESS! I don’t know where you are but in Missouri ole Jay Nixon absolutely loves this type of thing. We are one of the states that got back several hundred thousand dollars from that dingbat Miss Cleo because of Jay! Several thousand for violation of the No Call List etc. And away we go…

Old 12-02-02, 04:52 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
I think if I don't hear from the credit card again, I'll don't do anything more. You know... I'm not good at fighting, thats why i got so frightened when this happened to me. I'm the oldest from two siblings, and my sister, my cousins, always win when we fight. In my job sometimes other people comes to my defense, because I'm not a good speaker and when something happens, I don't know how to express myself. My best defense is try to do everything right from the first time, so I don't have to give any explanation.
But you are right. I'm from Florida, and here also you can win with the magic word press... They don't care much about the Business Buro, but if you say "Miami Herald", they start trembling, they know the press can finish them.
If I were a little more daring, I'll do it...

Eduh

Old 12-02-02, 05:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I didn't see your Law forum post, but I don't really think I need to. I own a security company in Ga, and the law here is that if you market a product to someone in their home, they have 3 business days from the time of signing to cancel the contract - with NO penalties. Now I have only actually seen this happen once or twice - and not for my company, since we do not use this type of marketing practice - but for those "free" alarm company types, this is a really big deal. They usually try to get the system in within 24 hours - the idea being that once it's in, the customer won't change their minds, at least not for another week or so. I would think you would have the same 3 day cancellation on this cleaning machine (I never actually found out what it is you're talking about, I'm just guessing.) If you told the guy when he delivered the product that you did not want it, you were, in effect, cancelling your contract. However, if you did not put this in writing, you may have a problem. Then again, if they did not inform you of this 3 day cancellation, or at least have you sign something acknowledging the 3 day cancellation, you may still be able to use that.

Just a thought, Good luck!

I'm with you, if you don't hear back, leave it be.

Old 12-02-02, 06:07 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Well, yes, it was a cleaning machine, a "wonderful" one that without the attachments was a simple vacuum cleaner. They deliver the vacuum, no attachments included...
They didn't told me anything about the three days, but I read all the papers they gave me ( I read them, yes, after he left), and I read about the three days, and it had two pieces of papers I had to sign and date and gave it to them before the three days if I didn't want the machine. I signed it and sent it to them with the machine, with my son. But I had pay already with a credit card and they didn't return the money. I had to contact them and the credit card co. several times to get the credit card co, to do something, because although I sent copy of everything to the c/c co. they didn't acknowledge receipt, and I learnt that after two months, the c/c co. didn't accept responsibility. I finally got them to answer me after one and a half month of the transaction. It was a relief for me! After all I have to work a lot to earn money (like a lot of other people do).
I never let sales people into my house because I don't want to be in trouble and some of them didn't want to let you go, but this was a favor to a neighbor that was graduating...
Never more...

Eduh