Probably Lame Gripe

Old 11-13-02, 06:31 PM
Probably Lame Gripe

BUT DARN IT, I HATE FINDING OUT THE CUSTOMER (I M AN HVAC GUY) OR HIS BROTHERINLAWSFATHERSDAUGHTERSHUSBAND HAS TRIED TO FIX IT AND NOW THE WIRES ARE MOVED, OTHER PARTS BROKEN, ETC. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WORKS, DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO, MOVING WIRES DOES NO GOOD, THEY WERE WHERE THEY WERE WHEN IT BROKE RIGHT? LEAVE THEM [email protected]#$%^&%$#!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-02, 06:33 PM
THANK YOU

had to express that frustration!

Old 11-13-02, 06:42 PM
Group Moderator
Hey Devil Dog, it ain't confined to the hvac arena! Gotta love those customers.

Old 11-13-02, 07:37 PM
Not a lame gripe! Not at all. Maybe those who read the posts in this area of the forums will take heed: don't mess with it if you're clueless!

Kay

Old 11-14-02, 08:18 AM
Group Moderator
Favorite customer-isms in my line:

1. "Why are you towing it from the rear; it's front wheel drive?" (would have to be the only fwd Mustand in existance; actually had customers on two separate occasions insist their Mustang was fwd - one even said her mechanic told her that and was I saying that he was lieing?).

2. "Don't you have to tow it from the rear?" (No, your car is front wheel drive)

3. "Are you sure?" (Well, I've never seen a rear wheel drive car with a transverse engine...)

4. "My battery is dead, can you bring me one?" (Sorry, we don't carry 27 different size spare batteries on our trucks)

5. "Oh, I thought you would just fix the tire" (No, our insurance doesn't cover us for making repairs; I can put your spare on for you)

6. "That much!" (Afraid so; if you saw what our overhead was in this business you'ld wonder why it wan't more)

7. "Is that all?" (Well, I can charge you more if you'ld like, LOL).

8. "Do I need to give you hand signals so you can get hooked up?" (No thanks, I do this a couple of hundred times a month)

9. "Are you sure? (YES, see #8 above)

10. "Do you take triple A?" (No, we prefer to make a profit and you can't call directly for towing with AAA anyway, you have to call AAA)

Old 11-14-02, 08:12 PM
Meadowraven
Visiting Guest
LOLLL!!!!!!

Well hope you didn't mind, but this way-ward soul (moi) was wandering the halls tonight, as my forums are all "tucked into bed".

LOLLLLLL funnnny I just loved your gripes and list guys

Best snickers I've had in a while.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh yes, I get 'em too.
But most usually (I lovvvvvve this part)....being a WMBE - one owner (moi) one employee (moi) all these years, I always get the "when are your guys coming to fix it??"

or the phone calls "lemme talk to the guy who does the plumbing".....

(me to customer): you're talking to him (LOL)
...........yes that's what I say in my lil feminine voice

Let's not forget the few that have crossed my path........."shouldn't you be home baking cookies?"

(me no, that's what I do in my spare time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Every day is a new adventure, just had to tell you your list is great.

Have a great sleep all!

Old 11-15-02, 05:29 AM
Those are so funny. I'm sure that it isn't very funny when you're standing in the freezing cold trying to hook up someone's car, or in the rain.

When I was looking at the car we just bought, I told them that I wasn't sure that I could work on it. These guys at the lot were so insistent that I "shouldn't" be working on any car, that I should be taking care of my family instead of getting greasy, that they gave us a warranty on the car. I was trying not to be offended since I work on cars because I want to do it, not because I have to do it.

MeadowRaven, one of the reasons I bowed out of automechanics school is because I wasn't strong enough in my self-esteem to withstand those type comments toward a 'woman mechanic'. If only I had the esteem then that I have now LOL. I hated bending over a vehicle at school and hearing the whistles and hoots. My instructor solved that one by making us all wear uniforms the next semester. Yes, there are many things I can't do with brute force, but hey, the guys that were shorter and smaller than I am also had to use their brains instead of brawn. It was tough. Am thinking maybe they felt threatened somehow.

Kay

Old 11-16-02, 01:17 AM
indigoblue
Visiting Guest
hahahaha!

I'm so glad there are others out there! My hubby the auto tech used to always get those calls where someone else had tried to fix it and screwed the whole thing up until he started charging double for going back over someone elses 'work'. He once had a phone call about and engine rebuild that ended when he found out that the persons brothers exwifes sisters boyfriends father who used to work at a garage had already torn the darn thing down and put it in boxes in the trunk! I can't believe that people are so stupid. And having managed a local convenience store for too many years I heard at least once a week, "You must be the boss' wife, is he in?" I just started telling them that 'he' was out. Figured I didn't really need what they were selling anyway! Just goes to show there needs to be more life guards in the gene pool!

Old 11-16-02, 07:39 AM
Group Moderator
I left off several that will probably come to mind if I think hard enough:

11. "I shouldn't have to pay for this tow; I just had the tires rotated there two days ago and now it won't start!!" (Oh, yeah; I'm sure there's some connection there! LOL)

12. "If I get you to tow my car, can I make payments?" (Yes, you can make one payment for the full amount when we drop the car. *Note: I do NOT make these up*)

13. "Do I need to put it in neutral?" (No, "park" is fine; the drive wheels are stationary on my wheel lift)

14. "Are you sure?" (YES!!!)

14a. "It doesn't have to be in neutral???" [NOOOOOOOOOOO!]

15. "That much? It's only 1/2 mile!" (Yeeees; I could charge you by the mile, but the next time you wanted a 10 mile tow it would be $300)

16. "We tried towing it with a rope to start it....." (Ahhh, you do realize this is an automatic, right?)

17. [The owner of a Lincoln with a broken ball joint that is sitting on the ground blocking traffic in a parking lot] "Can't I just go inside and get some people and we can lift it up and get it in the parking space?" (Well, if you try that it's a good thing this is a hospital parking lot)

18. "All-wheel drive???" [Yeeees; that means when you request a tow you need to specify our flatbed. We can tow 99% of the vehicles on the road with a wheel lift; but your's isn't one of them]

19. "You guys just worked on the ______________ the other day and now it's doing_____________!" ["We guys" are independent tow'ers; we didn't work on your car]

20. "I have __________ insurance; can't you just bill them?"
[Nooooo; you have to pay us for the tow and submit the bill to your company for reimbursement]

21. [At the end of the tow when presented with bill] "Oh, I have triple A!" [That's nice; now you get to pay me for the tow and try to get reimbursed from them - good luck!]

22. "Can't you just spray some ether in it to get it going?" [Where I would find ether starting fluid in sw Fla, I have no idea; beside which this AIN'T a '57 Chevy you got here]

Probably a bunch more I'm forgetting.

Old 11-17-02, 10:56 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
HEHE

Those are all great, had me laughing on my butt.....I forgot my list of medical chart comments at the condo, but when I get my hands on it tomorrow I will add it to your list...

The things people say.....

Old 11-18-02, 05:33 AM
Once you get going as an EMT I'm sure that you're going to be able to list things on a daily basis! I've heard some good ones from my brother!

When my ex-mother in law worked as a receptionist at the hospital emergency room she used to tell us some strange stories (funny excuses - read the snake story in appliances)!

Kay

Old 11-18-02, 08:19 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Medical Chart Sentences

Yes ladies and gentlemen, these are ACTUAL sentences found in hospital charts......you will laugh, you will cry (I did), you may not even get some of them..but they are GOOD.
My only hope is that no one gets offended....

But makes you wonder where all that education went, huh?

1. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

2. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year. (wouldnt you??)

3. On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared. (ummm)

4. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

5. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993. (now THERE'S a good recommendation to see this doctor)

6. Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission. ( )

7. Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year old male, mentally alert but forgetful. (any more oxy morons I could throw in there? He seems to missing a few...)

8. The patient refused autopsy. (I want to meet THIS patient!)

9. The patient has no previous history of suicides. (thats good, right?)

10. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital. (ALWAYS important to document...lol)

11. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days. (o dear lord, help us)

12. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch. ('nuff said.)

13. Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant. (YES, this was in a hospital chart......)

14. Since she can't get pregnant with her husband, I thought you might like to work her up. (see # 13)

15. She is numb from her toes down. (???!!!!!)

16. While in the ER, she was examined, X-Rated, and sent home. (and after she got home, did her rating go down?)

17. The skin was moist and dry. (think about it)

18. Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches. (umm...)

19. Patient was alert and unresponsive. (wanna meet HIM too!!)

20. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid. (musta been an EXTREMELY short person, since the thyroid is in the NECK)

21. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got divorced. (well, at least she solved both problems at once!!!)

22. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy. (no, I DONT recommend this doctor, lord knows what he's doing to his patients!!)

23. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation. (WhAT?????!!!!!)

24. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized. (and his phone number is..........)

25. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function. (I'd hate to be their lover)

26. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stock broker. (lmao)

27. Skin: Somewhat pale, but present. (also a good thing!)

28. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor. (would you care to expound on that?)

29. Patient was seen by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree. (did they take pictures I hope?)

30. Large brown stool ambulating in the hall. (I GOTTA see that)

31. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities. (thank goodness thats her ONLY issue~~)

Well friends, that's all in my installment for today!! Please let me know what you thought!!!! I am on the floor laughing while I try to type these in!

Old 11-19-02, 08:01 AM
I just love those! You would think with all the education that doctors' have they could form coherent sentences and/or statements!

My best friend is a nurse and sees it a lot! Such a hoot. Pretty scarey for the next doctor or nurse walking in to check up on a patient.

My fav is: *Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission. *

Kay

Old 11-19-02, 04:24 PM
Meadowraven
Visiting Guest
Comic Relief

ROFL!!!!!!! Funnnnnnnnny - those medical charts! I have seen the Actual Insurance Claims thing - it has been around the world 10 times but never saw the medical one!

Boy did I need chuckles today!

Can't wait til winter gets "out of my system" in about 3 mos. - already tired of it - especially after laying in wet freeze-dried clothes plumbing today! Already saw snow and had to work in it, so now I'm ready for spring!

(me~~~~~~~~~~~>a summer child)

Later all

Old 11-19-02, 11:42 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Snow??

We dont get too much snow over here....

All that freakin water......wish I had snow. I want snow. I love the sun, but that snow is awesome.

Send some my way!!

Old 11-20-02, 04:59 AM
Group Moderator
Snow? What's that? Oh, yeah, that white stuff in the little plastic dome with the Christmas scene that you shake up. LOL

Old 11-20-02, 05:51 AM
Tow Guy,

I wish we had only the snow in the globes here! We get just enough to be slushy, muddy, and dirty. Guess we're just far enough north to get snow, but too far south to get anything that resembles real snow. Slush and sleet. Yuk. Not to mention that we are in our wet season anyway. That's when a 4wd comes in handy. Luckily I live in an established neighborhood with paved roads!

Kay

Old 11-20-02, 12:26 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
I barely remember what snow is...for us its that stuff we see for about 12 hours along the side of the road.....and then when it DOES come down???? wow

talk about a good day to drive an ambulance, like when it starts to rain again...accidents everywhere!! Not that I would ever wish harm on anyone, but I gotta have a job, right???

Old 11-22-02, 04:48 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Hello Gwyni, can you copy me (or something) the next time you write medical chart sentences? They really made my day today.

By the way, I am a 31

Eduh

Old 11-22-02, 05:04 PM
Eduh,

I'm glad you're posting around in the forums. Its always nice to hear from new people, as well as the regulars! Gwyni (Chelle) will probably post as response, but if she doesn't I will explain: she is stuyding to be an EMT. I think this is the first time in a couple of months that she has been able to take the time to get back to forums. Very busy young lady!

I always forget to post the funnies I hear or read. It does make you laugh a little when you read these things here.

The funniest to me is reading the everyday business 'gripes'. Makes me watch myself while dealing with them. I wonder just how many times I sounded as foolish if not more than those quoted here!

Kay

Old 11-22-02, 06:38 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
It have been good for me to find this place, (forum), I like it, I find it practical and (harmless?), and is also funny? good.

The lines from the Tow Guy... well, they are funny, but they sound a little too familiar to me. I am from Florida also, and maybe I did one or two of those questions before...

Eduh

Old 11-29-02, 07:02 AM
hvac4u

I heard some similar things from my brother yesterday! He has 3 jobs, but this one referred to his mechanics position. He works on Harley Davidson and I'm not sure which was funnier, the names of the few biker clubs that will bring their bikes there, or the amount of damage done to a bike by a mother-in-laws, brother's friend's girlfriends father's distant cousin....trying to repair it.

The wiring one ended up costing the guy $600. The whole bike had to be rewired. Clincher: $25 part was bad, and the bike was only worth $150 to begin with. LOL

A couple of biker group names: _______ BadHogs, and We be Rollin' now.

He also has a sign over his bay that reads:
"I am not Jesse James
If it isn't for your bike, I will not make it work
If there isn't a part available I will not fabricate one
If someone else did it for so-and-so, then take your bike to so-and so..."

Kay

Search this Thread