Gas Piping Open for Replies

Old 12-03-02, 06:22 PM
offcenter
Visiting Guest
Smile Whoa!

Holy cow. There are two things that scare the heck out of me: Gas and electricity. At work, we have a saying: "Those who say they're not scared, are either stupid or crazy."

I hope I never have to address a gas line problem by myself! However, I grew up with a "Jack of all Trades" Dad. He built our first home from the basement up, then the second. He was the auto mechanic, the plumber, the electrician, the carpenter... Yes, I am extremely open-minded when it comes to repairing something around my house. But, I was also the little eight-year old girl on the second-story roof rolling out felt paper and hammering in galvanized roofing nails; holding the shoplight while Dad rebuilt the motor in Mom's '56 Chevy; held the tape measure; drilled holes, cut holes, etc. etc. (I'm still cute, so what?)

I guess I have to agree/disagree about when to call in a pro. There was an incredible sense of accomplishment when the moderator, John Nelson, guided me through wiring the switch for my bath fan. The $75+ it would have cost to have someone come out to hook it up after I busted my butt cutting the hole, installing the fan, running the duct work, running the wire... No way! I wanted to do it myself! DIY, get it?

Sponsored Links