i dont know ... help?

Old 02-22-03, 12:11 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
lily, atlanta doesnt sound much better than where you are. we are finally getting the storm that was predicted. its about 3 am now. im not usually up now but i felt really lousy yesterday and slept all day. the incision is about the size of a tennis ball but the dr said it happens its fluid and to leave it alone. i think it slightly infected and thats why i fell so crummy. since i slept all day of course im awake now. good thing my daughter is spending the night at her boyfriend house. i can get up and wander and not disturb her. i am very close to your age. i will be 51 in august. i dnot do the hot flash thing though i use progestrone cream. it helps a lot and i dont have to worry about side effects. glad your daughter is feeling better. i went outside yesterday and saw a few crocus popping up. my daughters yard is such a mess. i want to get out there so bad . i was hoping to put in a garden this year but it looks like its going to have to wait another year doc said im still not allowed to lift anything bigger than a milk jug for 8 weeks so im assuming that means trees and stuff too. i also saw some robins this morning. i guess ill never grow up i love dandelions as much now as i did whan i was a kid . and their always the first flower that my kids ever brought me . and their so much fun to blow around. i guess ill never have a prizewinning lawn but its worth it. well this is getting too long. hugs all

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-03, 05:45 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
Sunshine.. it was 3Pm before the storm came my way but it was a doozy... quick to come and quick to leave except for the rains... took down the fence on both sides of the house.. and you best believe I took to hiding... I can take mild storms, but storms with winds high and never knowing what's gonna happen .. this old lady takes shelter.. plus my dog Sam is afraid of storms too and I have to protect him.. My mom was always afraid of storms and she instilled that into us when we were kids.. I come from a family of five sisters and one brother and we are all within a year from each other in age range... but we made it through... right now it feels like a hot spring night... waiting for the summer heat to come rolling in... strange??? Your gardening will wait on you.. your health is much more important right now.. time will come when you can get out more and do more... but I agree with your doc on you taking care of YOU!!! I have to take premarin the full strength and sometimes I do still get the hot flashes but nothing like it was.... had a complete hysterectomy in 1992.... the real thing..... the old fashioned way... but today I am much better.. just older.. LOL I did get to play in the yard a bit today.. not much but it was nice...

Old 02-22-03, 06:03 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
glorifiedlily., im just the opposite . i love storms. i guess i drink up the energy they send out. i use to go stand where i could see the lightening and the wind whipping. i guess ive gotten a little smarter now. sometimes i wish i could feel old. the only time i do is when im around someone treating me as if i was. and right after my 1st surgery. i hate being down . its gotten to the point now that im getting cabin fever. shoot its been ten months and i was always overly active. not that you could tell by my weight. lol the only time i lose weight is when im reallystressed out. i had doctors here want to do a hysterectomy on me because i have a fiborid. i tol d them they were idiots. its 1 inch. i will have to go through everything natural. theres too much breast cancer in my family. i wont risk it. but the creme helps a lot and so does vitamin e. im getting kind of irritated with my daughter but i have to remember her priorities are not the same as mine. id be spending all kinds of time on the house and yard. but its not my house. but i do wish she would get off her butt and instead of going out with her boyfriend get the cars ready for inspection so they could be registered . and i could go to my qigong therapist again. it would help me heal faster. ok thats my b..... for tonight . like i said i have cabin fever. compared to the other woman that posted i have no complaints. i just thought i wish i could go help her out after all im just sitting here. going buggy. i was the oldest of six and then some . long story. we all survived too. anyway hugs have a good night.

Old 02-24-03, 05:13 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
sunshine.... did you have a wicked weekend with all that weather and the winds?? It surely was windy enough here for me... but today. being Monday.. it was nice. and I'm guessing it was nice where you are too.... I hope this day gave you a chance to get outside and enjoy the air for a spell.. It's amazing how just a few minutes outside in fresh air can make one feel much better, and I hope you able to enjoy that.... I woke up this morning with a burst of energy and took down all my plaid curtains and washed them and put up some beige and cool blues to open up this old house... I'm one for closing up windows at night and keeping the cozy warm feeling in the house.. but this time I was ready to take it all down and let the light shine through.. I'm a hibernator... don't know why.. just am...... but it does look a little more like spring around here... even if things are old.. and handmade.. that's okay with me too... as I can change things around at my likings... I live in a two bedroom, one bath, bungalow and it does get a bit crowded at times,, but,, spring is coming and I'm getting ready for it.. by summer's end,I'll be stoved up inside near the air conditioner... I love to garden, but,, the summer's heat.. takes its toll on me... Just hope this day was a nice one for you.....

Old 02-25-03, 05:59 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
glorified lily, we had some wind . blew off branches of the old live oak in the front yard. its over 200 years old so i guess its entitled to lose a few. monday was beautiful. but i spent it running around with amy getting cars inspected and registered. her car didnt pass but mine did. so if i want to use the car ill have to drive her to work. but at least she got one of them done. actually their both hers since i havent paid her for the car yet. i wanted to work out in the yard yesterday . even today isnt bad right now. its suppose to get colder later. your house sounds exactly like what i want . just a small house after all its just me. but it looks like i may be getting this house if everything works out . not what id pick but its a house. a 70s ranch . since she met this guy shes going out with it seems like shes lost all interest in the house. and its just a roof. last night i spent the first night in about 3 weeks in my own bed and slept like a rock. i have all kinds of energy this morning. but im still not allowed to do anything . it bites. i m so bored. you and me both dont like the heat want to find some where that has 70 to 78 degree weather all year around. im not picky am i lol. well have a good day.

Old 02-25-03, 04:21 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
this old house was built in 1952..just a year after I was born..and there is really nothing great about it... except for the window sills... and they are old.. but.. it's home....and since we rent from my brother in law, we are allowed to do all the maintence and any other work we desire as if it were our own house... which is good.... as I can treat it as though it were mine and do anything I want... and not pay taxes every year... but it sure would be nice to have a second bathroom... I think I'd go a litte extravagant with two baths.... LOL I do have a nice sized back yard with a back porch where I can sit outside and watch the birds and the squirrels and look out onto any possible flowers or weeds that might me growing.. that is nice!!! just to be lazy and sit back and look around at Mother Nature.. It looks like we are in for some more rough weather... but not as bad as in some of the other states... and by week's end we could end up with snow.... and you too.. as I heard there's another storm after tonight's storm where it's coming up from the gulf which will include you. and me.. We may get that snow afterall....... At least your daughter got one of the cars fixed and ready to go... At least that gives you transportation..... It's almost time to start those seeds... Don't you think???

Old 02-25-03, 04:38 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
your house was built the same year i was born. some times the thought of 2 bathrooms sounds real good around here too. communing with mother nature is not lazy it recharges our battery and calms us down. i knoew we would get some snow sooner or later. hope its not next week when i have to drive into atlanta. i hate city driving. i think i would be satified with a horse and buggy if it was still feasible. can you see that on the interstate? lol i would love to start seeds. but i would have no place to put them. amys yard is a mess. it has not been taken care of in years. all the bushes need to be replaced. everything is overgrown and way too old . amy bought the house a little over a year ago from the lady who bought it in the 70. the house was built in 59. when amy moved in it still had pink and green shag carpet in it. it needs a major overhaul. i have a drs appointment next tues. the place where the hernia was pouching out before is pouching out again and i want to get it checked before anything goes wrong. again! im getting emails from my brother . hope the storm doesnt hit yu to bad. hugs

Old 02-25-03, 05:04 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
Sunshine.. I have an idea... is there a community college in your area??? if so... why not talk to Amy and offer to let the students use her yard to learn about horticulture.. just a thought and being you are not able to help.. that might make for a good cause all in all.. what do you think?? I hope too we don't get bad weather and I hope you don't either....

Shag carpet is back in style now.. did you know that?? It really is...no kidding

Old 02-25-03, 07:24 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
theres no college in our area . it was a good idea. id love to watch someone else work. it s going to be a major project. i know shag is back in style . but not this stuff. remember the shag rakes ? . she has allergies so she was happy to find wood floors under neath . of course they need to be refinished. i figure between the yard and the house theres about 20 years and many dollars of work . good thing i like to fix up huh? id kind of like to see snow at least once a year. it never lasts long here. no snowball fights this year. but maybe a snow man. a few years ago well more like 10 i had to teach my daughter and and a friend how to build a snowman ( we had lived in fl) we had the only snow man with a blue mohawk and sunglasses. and wouldnt you know the pics didnt come out. have a good one and ill try to keep the storm down here.