i dont know ... help?

Old 01-03-03, 09:58 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
i dont know ... help?

since this is for whining also i figured id whine some. just found out that im going to have to have more surgery. im just recouping from open heart surgery in april and now i need hernia surgery. i just dont know how im going to deal with more. its been 8 months now with no work and im just getting over most of the pain and now more. is this making any sense? im tripping. im getting really depressed. im usually the one everyone comes to so everyone expects me to just handle this. i got through the arotic replacement so this should be a piece of cake. ya know? i just dont know if i can handle any more pain and another few months of recoup time.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-03, 10:35 AM
Sunshine

My thoughts are with you! Have you talked to your doctor about the recovery time he expects? The most painful part of hernia surgery only lasted a week or so for me. It wasn't so painful that I couldn't function, just extremely uncomfortable.

The procedures today are done with technology that promote less down time and quicker recovery. If you are overly concerned about the down time caused by the anesthetics, you may want to talk to your doctor about the alternatives to 'full' sleep surgery. The extra recovery time for a common surgery such as this is usually due to anesthetic recovery (weakness, inability to stay awake/alert, etc.).

Please don't get depressed about taking care of yourself. Taking this time to have the surgery will help to insure that you will have many years ahead of working so hard you wish you had a break!

You are still young, and have many years ahead of you to go back to work. Use this time to plot and plan and yes! dream of your own business taking off and growing with no interuptions since you've taken care of these health needs today.

Please let us know when you schedule the surgery so we can keep you in our thoughts, especially on that day. Post here as often as you need. That is what this forum is about. I'm thinking that a better name might be "Help me cope" or maybe "Life's Challenges".

Kay

Old 01-03-03, 10:44 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
katy i dont feel so young at 50. thanks for replying . what kind of hernia did you have. i guess its the anticipation of more pain and down time when i was just getting back on my feet. and no one to really talk to . like i said my daughter just expects me to handle this. im living with her. shes great but just doesnt understand. ive always been the strong one for family and friends. i even had friends ignore the surgery i had figureing it was no big deal. i need someone to lean on once in a while too . thaanks again when i know for sure the date ill post.

Old 01-03-03, 12:19 PM
Its a shame that people think of only as strong, supportive, encouraging and forget that we are human, first and foremost.

Surgery takes recovery time, period. I was amazed when I had my hysterectomy that I went home 24 hours afterwards. I felt great, but then again, I was in tremendous pain before the surgery. It took at least 6 weeks before I could stand for any length of time without my legs feeling like rubber. I remember not having anyone to run to the store after about 2 weeks and me trying to drive myself. I went less than a mile, but the rubbery legs started and I almost didn't make it back home. Since I felt so good, people forgot that I had just had surgery. My children would walk to the store, not so much for me, but because they wanted to eat!

I had double hernia surgery, and the surgery was done low (below the bikini line-like I'd be caught dead in a bikini LOL). The skin was more elastic there, too, so healing time could be cut with minimal scarring. I can't remember the medical names for all my surgeries. Those are things I forget easily since they caused discomfort. The symptoms of the hernia was that after eating a knot would appear on my abdomen (lower) and remember that it was the food moving through the parts of the intestines that had moved or 'broken' loose from where they were suppose to be.

Any type surgery on your middrift area seems to be uncomfortable since everytime you breathe it moves muscles throughout the area. The only time that it hurt was laying down, sitting down, or getting up. Once in a position, I was fine. The pain wasn't long lasting at any time, just a shooting pain that would get my attention quickly. I lived with my parents at the time and all I heard was that I had to get up and move around. I was so tired and the shooting pain wasn't worth trying to get up. I heard that I was a hypocondriac more than anything like: let me help you up so you can get well. Very sad time for me emotionally and it delayed my desire to get well or even try anything. I learned the hard way to be prepared the next time. Try to think of things you may need help with and possibly not receive it. Have a sturdy chair handy for leverage, practice using your fingers between the refrigerator door and the fridge and twist to open the door instead of pulling on the handle (believe me, this helps! no pulling!). Imagine how it will feel to shower after surgery and prepare the bath with any aids you may need. A chair works wonders, if there is room. If using a chair for support, or leverage be sure to use the seat, not the back. It can flip on you and that might not feel too good. Also make sure that it doesn't slide easily. Practicing now for these things sounds a little foolish, but you will be grateful that you did, and your recovery time will be shortened tremendously.

By the way, 50 isn't old . I know that there are times I feel 150. Some days I feel 16 (the body doesn't act like it tho LOL). I just do the best that I can with what I have. It isn't settling, its being content with what I have to work worth at the time. Until I'm dead, I'm not through.

We'll be here for you in whatever form or fashion we can be. Please don't feel alone in this. You're not.

Old 01-03-03, 02:39 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
you dont know how much it means to me to have someone to talk to . im sorry you had to go through what you did . my daughter tried to keep me down but i tried to push myself. i want to work so bad it crazy. i finally found something i love to do and it seems that something is trying to keepme from it. yesterday i had a massage scheduled and the brakes of my car went out and i couldnt go. to do a massage not get one. i graduated from school in 2001 and here it is 2003 and i still cant work . and now this. im well prepared on what ill be able to do and not do after surgery. i spent 11 daysin hospital in april 7 in icu . it was suppose to be 2 in icu and 5 in hospital . im not eager to go back.i guess im kind of scared. i didnt want to start breathing last time. the doctors didnt expect me to make it. i guess im mad too. if this is as common as the docs are saying it is after surgery why didnt they make sure it didnt happen so i wouldnt be going through this now? kay thanks so much for caring about someone you dont even know . i had friends i had for years that didnt even call to see if i was ok. last time. i hope i get better faster this time . i was in bed for 2 months last time and im still dealing with some pain from that. i was hoping this year was going to be better the last 4 have been rotten . hope springs eternal though if there are people in the world like you .

Old 01-03-03, 02:45 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
i forgot to tell you i know what you mean about the middriff area . where they cut me before was from naval to sternum under left breast around side to the middle of my back . its amazing how many things we do with our abdomen muscles that we dont realize.

Old 01-04-03, 06:29 PM
Support network

Sunshine, you will not find a more supportive friend than kaybyrd. She has been here on this forum for all of us. Please know that you have us to help you through your surgery as well as any other ups and downs in your life.

While this is a DIY website, we have a forum here where those who try to cope with life's problems by themselves can come for advice, just as those who seek advice for installing hardwood floors or fixing their car.

When our bodies fail us, we feel like we have lost control. Our world is turned upside down. It is difficult to put everything into perspective and try to look on the bright side of the situation, if there is a bright side.

I guess the down time could be used to think and reflect and put things into perspective and plan our strategies so that we can take the world by the horns when we get our feet back on the ground.

The situation is more complicated when you are the one who has always been there for friends and family. And, as you say, when the situation arises where you need someone to lean on, they expect you to just deal with it. Even worse is that you don't get a phone call or card. During your time of reflection this should perhaps be something you think about. Some of us never learned how to put our needs first. kaybyrd can write a book about that one.

You did not indicate what type of hernia you had or its location. I am assuming it is an incisional hernia that has occurred at the site of your last surgery. Years ago I worked in a cardiologist office. It was not uncommon for our surgery patients to have to have hernia repairs at a later date. Too much tension on the incision can result in a hernia, such as coughing, lifting, or technical factors.

There are online hernia support groups. You might want to do a search on your favorite search engine. Then, again, you might not want to research. If you are like me, I research everything upside down and backwards and it adds to my worries rather than alleviating them.

Again, know that we are here for you. Keep in touch.

Old 01-10-03, 07:40 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
twelvepole, i hadnt realized that you had posted a reply. thankyou. its been a while since ive been to this site. im trying to keep myself busy. i did look at sites and your right im like you they just freaked me out. i have an appointment with a surgeron on the 14 . im also looking into alternative medicine not for the hernia but for handling the emotions attached. the dr just wanted to put me on anti depressives. if i didnt take anything after my other surgery i dont want those. im very into alternative medicine. so i spoke to a girl i went to massage school with and she told me about qigong. it kind of massage ,energy work ,and exercise. all rolled into one. i kind of know what is going on since i took healing touch classes. im just not advanced enough to handle this by myself. i guess i have to learn i cant do every thing on my own. its nice to know i can come here and trip a little and no ones going to think bad of me . boy i just realized my language really shows of my hippie roots . and i never did drugs. my daughter says im still an old hippie . i guess theres worse things to be. lol . i so glad i posted . thanks again . once im on my feet again if either of you are everin atlanta the massage is on me. (im pretty good too so im told)

Old 01-11-03, 02:24 AM
Old hippies!

Life was certainly a lot simpler when we were in our hippie days. I don't think we took ourselves so seriously then. Did we? I think we some how knew that we would survive and everything would work out just fine. Then, we all grew up and became worry warts like our parents!

You will pull through the hernia repair just fine. Dealing with the emotions attached may well require additional support outside your regular support network. Doesn't qigong require positive thinking and a focus of positive energy to keep the body fit?

You have us at DIY.com to lean on. You may not be able to get a massage here, but we will boost your spirits and help you get through your difficult time.

Old 01-11-03, 08:38 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
it was so much simpler because we were teenagers. we could do anything, we were 9 feet tall and bullet proof. we were going to change the world.werent we? my daughter (her name is amy ) shorter to type) says i still look at things simply . black or white. but i let every one do their own thing and dont judge. i like peace. just dont like meanness . but who does. your right about the qigong. i guess i need some positive thinking help. i try to stay positive but i guess i was not doing it right. theres other stuff shes talking about doing. we'll see. im ready to try anything. have a good weekend.

Old 01-15-03, 05:06 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
well heres an update. i went to see the dr yesterday and i need surgery. but i also need to come up with 800.00 first. since i haven't worked since april i have 0 income. and my daughter is tappped out i will not see her lose her house over this. she worked too hard to get it. the chances of me getting help is slim and none. but if i dont get this surgery i will never be able to get back to work. my friend deb and i even discussed me going to jail so i could have the surgery then the state would pay for it. theres a guy here thats getting all his dental work free cause he's in jail. we're trying ssi and dfcs but every thing i've read and heard i dont have a chance. i have that feeling in the pit of my stomach you know the one that says just quit. and its just not worth all the trouble especially after the heart surgery. im trying to stay positive really i am . thank the creator for my amy if not for her i would have been homeless now . and for the 2 good friends i have here in ga and the friends i hope im making on this site. thanks for listening again. ill let you know what happens.

Old 01-16-03, 04:27 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
ok this time its good news. so i hope kaybyrd and twelvepole read this . some secret angels have donated the money for my surgery. so add them to your thank you list for me. i will post again when i know a date. it seems your good thoughts have helped. blessings on you both . im still floored. and processing it. amy and i have both done our crying happy tears. since you have been there for me i thought you would like to know the good news also .

Old 01-17-03, 08:59 AM
gee sunshine i saw your name and was wondering how your lamp rewire project was going, but from reading this thread, it seems you have bigger fish to fry!!! im glad to see that things seem to be looking up though. i hope all turns out well, and will be checking back periodically to see how goes it!!! i wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery
FATKID66

Old 01-17-03, 09:46 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
thanks ft66 i kind of gave up on the lamp for now. i think im going to be able to sucker my aquired son into doing it for me. he and his wife were over this past weekend and i showed it to him . in case you wonder; rob was my daughters first crush at 13 and he just became aquired. hes 28 now.

Old 01-21-03, 01:23 PM
I am so thrilled to hear about your 'angels'. Seems they've been watching over me lately, too. I've been offline too long and have a lot of catching up to do. The trip I took to bring my Vegas kid home was longer than expected and also caused a few inconveniences here at home. Nothing too bad, just adjusting. These aren't problems with the child, not yet anyway...LOL

Keep us posted on how you're doing and the date of your surgery.

Kay

Old 01-21-03, 03:53 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
kaybyrd. surgery is scheduled for feb 4. im definantly not looking forward to it . hope things straighten out for you quickly. i glad i have a place i can go to whine. im sure i will before feb. i get my car back this week. i havent liked being dependent on others for trans portation. ill keep my fingers crossed for you that everything will come up roses as they say.

Old 01-21-03, 04:23 PM
Thanks for letting me know the date. Luckily, it is coming up soon so you won't have too much time to fret. You will soon be on your way to recovery!

Things will get better for my family. Not peachy keen rosey I hope. Those times are deceiving to us. We get too comfortable and forget that things come up in life if we don't watch for them and spend all our time enjoying the good times. A little prevention can go a long way.

My best friend helped me to come up with a wonderful budget that even I can live with I have had wonderful help online here with my negative outlook on things. I am beginning to see the great effects on my life and those around me when I use minimizing words to describe what is going on in my life. A few weeks ago I would have used words like: nightmare, big, huge, never ending...

examples: my life is a nightmare; we had a huge/big fight; the dishes are never ending....

Now I try to use phrases that are more realistic to the situation and it helps to keep me from making myself feel worse than I already do.

My car was repossessed a few days ago. Instead of considering it a tragedy, nightmare, huge problem I decided that this is the results of poor money management. Although I've been working on this for a month now, some side effects are still surfacing. However, and that is a huge however, I know that if I resolve this issue and keep on target with my budget that this will not happen again. It has also alerted me that I do need to pay more attention to my habits and lifestyle. A lesson that doesn't have to be 'hard learned' if I get it this time. This is resolvable. Uncomfortable, yes, but not a nightmare or deterimental to our family. We will recover.

Your surgery is more important that anything that I've got going on right now. Stuff is just stuff. I would like to keep my stuff, but getting you well, and any others that may be sick, is WAY more important to me today.

Thank you {{{Ragnar}}} for recommending the chapter in the book. It has helped me see me in a new light. I am beginning to see who I can be, and where I can go with my life if I get past all the negative thoughts/words that I throw my own way. I also see the way my dramatic words affect those around me. My SIL still teases me about being moody. Says that so-and-so better watch out since his girlfriend is moodier than me LOL. She has, however, been coming around more. She is happier when we talk even though she has some things going on in her family's lives that are things to be concerned about. She is staying sane, and we are becoming even closer friends.

My life is good. I hope that everyone else can smile at least once during the day. Find the good. I never dreamed that I could, but I don't have to dream it now. It is happening. One day at a time, one second at a time if need be, but it is happening.

Kay

Old 01-28-03, 04:53 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
kay, sorry i didnt post sooner. ive been a little busy. i just hope i can help someone else someday as much as you all have helped me. knowing there were people out there that cared restored my faith in humanity. you gave me the courage to stop whining and believe enough to do something. in the last few weeks i have had a few miracles happen that i will be paying forward for a long time. first was getting the money for the surgery. second was recieving the donated qigong from linda and sifu. my mental attitude has changed dramaticlly in the past few weeks. i really had given into despair and really didnt want to come through this next surgery. it was why bother. but i reached out to you and asked for help something i never do and i guess it broke down some barrier for good things to start happening in my life. i also have a good doctor again but this one i feel is special. i think we may be working together after i get on my feet. hes really sweet and really cares about people. im ready for my surgery now. i have 5 small quilts that need to be quilted all basted. and i have an applique and a drunkards path to be hand sewn . i think with alll that to do i should be able to be down long enough to heal this time. i have a friend coming to stay when my daughters not here. so im ready bring it on! thanks again to everyone

Old 01-28-03, 05:39 PM
Sunshine

Sounds like Sunshine is getting some sunshine in her life! We will be thinking about you on February 4. Just focus on getting better and getting those quilts done. Think positive!!! Once the hernia repair is behind you, perhaps everything will come up roses for you. Don't panic. That little mouse ate that big piece of cheese one bit at a time. First step is to get you through the surgery. Thank goodness for the angels who came up with the money! Next step, recuperate while working on the guilts. Then, think about going back to work. Also, get well enough to get back in front of that computer so you can keep us updated. Keep those goals out ther in front of you and take it one step at a time. Don't let yourself get overwhelmed or depressed by all this. My mother always said that no matter how awful you think you are having it, look around and you will find someone worse off.

Old 01-28-03, 05:55 PM
I would have never dreamed that a few people gathering together could turn something as scarey as surgery into such a fine event! We have been visited by angels, and have beautiful quilts in the making! A fine doctor to oversee the surgery and recovery...and smiles. I can feel them from here! Can you feel mine too? Its ear to ear right now.

Kay

Old 02-01-03, 08:05 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
thanks everyone. will be back soon. spent the day with my daughter and granddaughter. my favorite way. ill post again as soon as i can.ive read the other post about the girl who passed her emt test congrats. hugs everyone

Old 02-01-03, 08:39 PM
Groundhog Day +

Tomorrow is Ground Hog Day and then 2 days later you have your surgery. Please keep in touch. I have blessed you with all the powers and prayers that we Irish have. I trust that all will go well for you and that you will return here to this forum and let us know that you are doing well. Please know that there are those love and care about you and seek the guidance of superior powers to protect you. You have been blessed.

Old 02-04-03, 09:05 PM
Well, I've been thinking about Sunshine all day! I hope she is doing well after her surgery.

Here's to a speedy recovery sunshine!

Kay

Old 02-05-03, 09:04 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
short reply . thanks for thinking of me. im hurting but will survive. will write more later. maybe in a few days. hugs.

Old 02-05-03, 05:06 PM
Am glad that you are home. Sorry to hear about the pain. Remember, this too shall pass. Of course, that is easy for me to say since I'm not the one hurting. Sorry.

Post back when you're feeling better. I hope that is soon.

Kay

Old 02-13-03, 02:03 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
I'm rather on the new side, but have been reading this thread.. With compassion I send a heartfelt speedy recovery to you sunshine.. and I do hope you will soon get back on your feet.. but know.. if it's okay... I can feel some of your pains... and those of yours to katybyrd.... I'm 51 and sometimes I feel as old as any hill, but then I have days where I feel just fine.. but after having an old timey hysterectomy some years ago... I know how you felt about being alone and lonely and hurting and needing someone to talk with and to help out and to at least lend an ear.... I know that depressive state... but time does heal.. it just takes time and it seems like when you have had surgery.. you think your time is forever in healing...

I hope you all don't mind me sticking my nose in here... I wish you well!!!

Old 02-19-03, 05:35 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
i thought i had replied to this. i guess it didnt go through. i feeling much better. i guess the anticipation was worse than the reality. i still cant work for 6 to 8 weeks. but at least i dont hurt that much any more. kay how are you feeling? if your interested i can give you some alternative advice. ive learned i dont without someone asking. i have a better idea than an electric blanket . how about some quilts. safer too. as soon as my kid gets her tax return back and the car gets registered again ill be going back to linda . cant wait. i miss my meditation group. glorified lily, a good heart is always welcome and never is kindness "sticking your nose in' . this group has been very kind to me. hugs everyone

Old 02-19-03, 05:46 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
sunshine... I guess maybe you had answered this and I being a newcomer read all and kinda got touched by the kindness shown to you and I guess maybe I just wanted to extend that kindness.. I do hope you are doing much better now, and tho' I don't really know any of you yet.. I hope maybe that will change in time.. Here's hoping your days are filled with sunshine, soon, and not alot of snow, and hope you are back to feeling great inside and out...... Thanks for your reply.....

Old 02-19-03, 05:52 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
your very welcome. visit often everyone here are loves. no snow i live in georgia. i had enough shovling when i lived in nj and ny. no thanks . i lived in fl for 10 years and loved it. someday i hope to go back. for more than just a visit. we are waiting for the snow to hit here. these people are a riot. even though ive been away from snow for 23 yrs ,goodness i didnt realize it had been that long , i still dont panic. i started posting here because i had read something that touched my heart . so i guess the pattern continues . what a wonderful pattern.hugs

Old 02-19-03, 05:55 PM
sunshine, you must have been that little bug in my ear today! i got a regular blanket, but its like an electric blanket in texture but without the electricity parts LOL. Boy, maybe I could teach school or something LOL...

Well, those people there decided they wanted to live over here in this weedy looking area.... ROFLMBO. I'm going to plead bronchitis meds on the unbrainliness tonight.

Am glad that you are feeling better, and Glorifiedlily, you are welcome to jump in here any time. The more the merrier. Is that right? I was also thinking that this isn't soup, so too many cooks don't matter.

Okay guys. I'm through. I also don't plan on driving any heavy machinery either! LOL.

Kay

Old 02-19-03, 05:58 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
take care of yourself kay . from the sounds of it dont drive anything bigger than the remote for the tv. hugs

Old 02-19-03, 06:04 PM
I dont know if I can even handle the remote. I'm having trouble driving this keyboard right now!

I don't know if its the meds, or the fact that I'm am feeling SO much better tonight - more than likely both. I was on some type of bronchitis therapy meds and finished them yesterday. I don't think they did anything but make me tired, but restless in my sleep.

Today I started on a different med and finally slept this afternoon. I mean, really slept. Still a little goofy from the meds, but can breathe and my head doesn't hurt. Not the least bit tired which is the best part. I was beginning to think I was going to sleep the rest of my life away.

Kay

Old 02-19-03, 06:09 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
im on percocet and loritabs not at the same time. im only taking one half but it still knocks me for a loop . i was almost over my naps before . now im sleeping 4 hours in the afternoon. i have to keep telling myself its not a waste of time. so i know about the sleeping your life away bit. i dont know what id do if i had a family to take care of. hugs

Old 02-19-03, 06:13 PM
The kids have been a huge help. I try to do all my sleeping during the day while they're at school. They have been patient with mom not being able to go 100 mph lately.

Kay

Old 02-19-03, 06:18 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
your lucky . ill never forget my son when he was about 7 and i had the horrible stomach flu. no descriptions ill leave it to your imagination. anyway he told me that moms dont get sick or tired. i wish. if all this mess happened when i was married i would probably not be here . my husband would never have let me have time to rest. i guess that why its waited . oops no b------- . life is good. hugs

Old 02-19-03, 06:45 PM
Life is good today isn't it! Its okay to look back and see just how far we've come. Just don't get caught up in the past anymore since it can't hurt us now.

I too remember being 'unable' to be sick when married. Remembering that makes me grateful that my life is how it is today. Much better than before! I'm not going to harp on how mean or uncaring my exes were to me since it would pull them back into my life again. I don't want that!!!!!

Kay

Old 02-20-03, 05:58 AM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
You guys are a riot!!!! Got one home from work all week with first a virus and now the flu... I keep knocking on wood that the germs don't spread out... don't want that stuff.. only had the flu once and that was two years ago... so well remember it... don't know what it's like without a hubby. have had mine for 31 years now and it don't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon.. poor me!! LOL... just kidding... being in nc.. I guess I can be part of the southern clan...right???? this day looks like it might be a nice one.. if it doesn't rain... I think Ga.. is in for storms today... unless those weather guys don't know what they are talking about.... any ways.. Here's hoping you all have a grand day..... spring is soon on the way...... it really is!!!!!

Old 02-20-03, 06:17 AM
You're under about 17 feet of snow right now aren't you? LOL. Its strange when I watch the weather reports and see that the whole northeast is covered in a blanket of snow, yet when I talk with friends up north they tell me that its doing nothing but raining. Other's post pictures of how buried they are right now.

It hasn't begun raining here yet this morning, but sure looks like it is going to start any minute. Rained off and on yesterday. Tis the season. We haven't even gotten into our april shower's mode yet. LOL.

I hate to gripe too much about the cold weather since once spring hits here, it zooms straight into summer humidity. Feels a lot hotter than it actually is then. I am just amazed at how the temperature fluctuates here. One day the high is 30, then it zooms up to 60, and then back down again a few days later.

I am hoping that we don't get this bug/virus again. The kids are feeling much better and so am I. Would like for this to be over, but some kids at school are still sick - and their parents are still sending them on to school. The school gets on to me about keeping my kids out, but I just show them a copy of their own policy about not sending kids to school within 24 hours of vomiting or fever. I also tell them: no, I'm not running to the doctor every time my kid runs a fever over 101. If they keep running it for more than 48 hours or it gets high, then yes, but until then, no. Shoot, my kids miss school more because other parents don't follow those guidelines.

Kay

Old 02-20-03, 07:06 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
kay thats why i stopped myself. i just feel sorry for him now. other than his mother he has no one . our son .his only child by the way. wont even speak to him. how sad is that. anyway... ok im going to give a suggestion here. and i dont sell this stuff so its not an ad. this is what amy and i use when we get sick. natures sunshine has a product called fv . it stands for flu and virus or fever and vomiting take your pick. we take it as soon as we feel anything coming on and sometimes even after we are sick. and its never failed to kick out in 2 to 3 days anything weve had. i hate to hear about anyone being sick . my goodness gl 31 years with one person. i wouldnt know what to do. lol im just jealous. ive been married twice and just figured that was enough. i not brave enough to try again. ive only met one guy who could have put up with me and hes married so were just good friends. anyway unless something changes the weather man was looking some where else today. its sunny out. thats ok by me. after this warm winter im waiting for our huge snow fall. it hit one year in march than it was 80 the next day. ga weather if you dont like it wait 5 minutes. hugs

Old 02-21-03, 12:05 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
I was one of the lucky ones not to get snow... I don't want it either.LOL... I'll take the sunshine anyday.. but the humidity.. nope.. don't want that either.. and here in southeast NC it does get mighty humid.. and last summer with all that drought... gee that was really more than a handful... those were the days I kept saying thank you air conditioners.... you're my best friend... It's bad to have hot flashes and the sweats too, coming in from all directions... unless you ladies are much younger than I am... you know that age thing women go through when you hit forty.. and then the fifties come in and all of a sudden you feel.. 80... don't why they say 40 something.. unless that's the time you start forgetting and can't remember where you are... I know I went through that and still am... Any way.. I'm ready for spring... and noticed I have dandelion flowers popping up....of all the flowers to bloom first, it's those dandelions......and I did see a bloom on the Sweet William outside.... that tells me spring is coming... and soon.... no rain yet.... but looks like it at any time....

Daughter went back to work today... hope she'll get along good.. and yep.. 31 years of wedded bliss... did I say that???