Just A Chattin'

Old 01-22-03, 07:27 PM
Just A Chattin'

My other chats & whines topic has wandered off into the archives so I'll start a thread

Its been a nice day today. Walked to the store, and about froze to death. I'm not used to it being this cold out here and the wind was pretty tough. Its suppose to get down to the teens tonight and the wind chill factor is to -1. Hmmm. To be in the lower midsouth, it sure is cold here! The snow that we had hoped for is missing us, again. Snow is nice every once in awhile. It is cold enough that it would actually be snow, not sleet or slushy messes.

My husband drove in from Nashville to help take care of some business today. It was a nice surprise since I wasn't sure he was actually going to be able to leave the jobsite. He is leaving again in the morning, but that's okay. Only 2 weeks left on this job and if things go well I can go visit him next weekend. Its not that far of a drive. Our only concern now is that is suppose to snow in Nashville again tonight. We're hoping he can make it back to the job site tomorrow, and safely. He and I both would like for him to be able to get back asap since all the guys on this job would like to get back to their families, too. The job goes much quicker with all hands on deck! It didn't help that this job is lasting longer than planned. The snow that hit last week put them a couple of days behind schedule. The roads were undrivable so they couldn't get to the site. If wondering, he does data communication installations for hospitals and other larger businesses. Right now they're wiring a college.

While here we worked on the bills and a budget. We have come up with a couple of game plans. Well, better put would be phases. We didn't get this way overnight so we can't expect to change it all overnight either. We also went to the grocery store together for a change. We helped keep each other from overspending. A nice change. We are slowly but surely learning to work together instead of just dividing up responsibilities.

The kids were excited about getting to see their stepfather even if it is only for the day and tonight. He will leave first thing in the morning.

Guess I'm through chatting for now. Join in if you would like. I love to hear from what is going on in others lives.

Kay

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-03, 08:40 PM
indigoblue
Visiting Guest
chat away

Oh how I hate the cold....down to near 0 here tonight and the high tomorrow with the wind -15...urggggg. Some day I hope to move to the south but if Mississippi is cold I'll need to go further south huh?
Well, this empty nester is back in class. Was hoping to sit out this semester but then I'd really be bored. College is a trip at 43. I thought I'd stick out like a sore thumb but there are quite a few 'non traditional' students. In fact, I've found that professors seem to respect the older students a great deal more than the younger ones. Had a class with my son last semester. It was a bit weird. I was used to doing his homework, not going to school with him...haha! We had fun. It's odd how relationships with your children change after they get married and move out. I think I see them and talk with them more than I did when they were living at home.
So, I've really nothing to whine about except the weather. I just keep tellin' myself that spring is just around the corner. I love to see my flowers coming up and starting to grow, makes me smile.

Old 01-23-03, 04:17 AM
maggy1
Visiting Guest
Unhappy You wanna talk about weather!!!!

Hi: Well, about the weather - here in Ontario Canada it is currently -21C - that would be -5 in F - the wind is wicked and it's snowing! (again!)

Just starting work and wanted to take this oportunity to wish everyone a great day!

(P.S. Leaving for Mexico Monday - it's about 90F there - boy, am I looking forward to it!).

Old 01-23-03, 06:09 AM
We're in Northern Mississippi at the Tennessee line so I'm not really into Miss. that far. Even have a TN phone number LOL.

It is cold here as well. -1 wind chill. I'm not used to the cold. My sister in law is originally from NC so she is upset when the snow doesn't come or doesn't stick. She is funny. They do have the clothes and the vehicle for snow, however.

I don't have much to whine about right now either. Probably why I named this thread 'chattin' instead of whining.

Kay