let it snow!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-03, 06:45 PM
Talking let it snow!!!!!!!!!

sorry, no griping here!! more of that love puddle jazz!! im so siked about the snow we are getting here. dont mind the shoveling, cant wait to get to the nearest golfcourse w/ the kids and sled like i used to when i was little!!! we now only have a couple of inches on top of the 6 we got last week. but b4 its all over (tomorrow night) they say we could have up to 2 feet!!! it hasn't snowed like that since i was a little fatkid in 1978!!! how much does anybody else have??? im on an emergency stand by at my EMS so aside from any jobs i get ill probably be here on line all nite!!! WHEW.... too much coffee already!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-03, 05:27 AM
Group Moderator
Ummm, washed my truck in shorts and a t-shirt yesterday.......

Old 02-17-03, 05:43 AM
fatkidd, its teasing us here. Snows like its sprinkling outside. Just cold. We just don't get enough constant cold so when it does actually snow it doesn't stick. Just melts and makes mush- freezes at night and makes ice - melts and makes slush, etc. You are so lucky!

Towguy, my hubby is in Gulf Shores AL right now. Its in the 70's there. I'm jealous of you, too.

Today it is freezing outside, as it was yesterday. The day before we were running around in shorts, too. Go figure. I was hoping that the snow they called for today would come, but its not. I want to either go sledding, make snowmen and have snowball fights, OR wear shorts, shirtsleeves and no coats for awhile.

Kay

Old 02-17-03, 06:28 PM
tow guy, you are killing me!!! well another all nite standby tonite, this ones for the FD though. on till 7 tomorrow then in to work!!! Kay we must have gotten your snow up here cause weve got over 2 feet!!! spent most of the day digging us and the neighbors out, and the rest of the time w/ the kids. no sledding or snowball fights tho, my 5yo has a low grade temp, and we want her to be well enough to go to school again whenever they decide to open up. they are already closed tomorrow. if she feels better tomorrow its off to the golf course for some serious sledding!!!!snow drifts here are ove 6 feet and the plows are running out of room to put the stuff. its cold too, temps in the 20s. well ill be lurking around the boards all nite unless we get a fire job. nice to hear from you guys!

Old 02-17-03, 06:41 PM
This is pictures from a friend on another board. They are in Maryland, I think?

http://www.frobo.com/snow/snow.html

Kay

Old 02-17-03, 06:45 PM
couldnt get on the site, said there was a problem w/ the name or something. how are you feeling? kick the bronchitis yet??

Old 02-17-03, 06:51 PM
Not over the bronchitis yet, but getting closer. Had to sit out of tae tonight. Still can't breathe well enough to do much other than normal routine stuff like sit and watch tv, or play on the computer LOL.

I have an inhaler that I'm suppose to use when the meds start wearing off but I hate using it. I always spray the back of my tongue instead the throat. I am such a beavis at times.

You may have to refresh the link several times to get it to work. I had trouble even signing into the forum board trying to capture the link. Got that page that said the webpage couldn't be found, and one time it even searched for a similar site. Funny, I have it in my favs LOL. I just tried it again and got in, so maybe its just the server.

Old 02-17-03, 06:57 PM
make sure you hold that inhaler straight up when you use it. some also find success putting it in the mouth while seated, bending over while exhaling, inhaling while sitting backup and pressing the inhaler on the way back up. we are told this empties the lungs, and while refilling gets the most of the meds where needed. ill retry the site. heard from Chelle?

Old 02-17-03, 07:00 PM
wow that is some snow. pretty much the way things look here in NJ. Damn that lasagne sure looked good too!!!!!!

Old 02-17-03, 07:02 PM
Got an email from her yesterday. She's working now, and a lot of hours! 50 per week, and its these hours for the next 3 weeks ~ yikes! She and her girls are doing great and all are healthy. She is planning to post some pics soon, but I haven't a clue where to look since both links before don't work today. As soon as she lets me know where the pics are, I'll post here.

Kay

Old 02-17-03, 07:07 PM
i was wondering how she was doing, with the new job and all. she better take it easy. its easy to get that EMS burnout. BTDT!! she sounded siked enough.

Old 02-17-03, 07:13 PM
Okay, that worked. I actually shot it in the correct direction LOL. However, I did get quite the headrush doing the bendover exhale, stand up inhale and spray.

kewl.

Kay

Old 02-17-03, 07:18 PM
thats the way they teach us (EMTs) to assist patients w/ their inhalers. do this all while seated! we dont need you passing out on us and typing klbshgjksjdgfjkfjdjgk with your forehead!!! glad i could be of help. sounds like we are going out to shovel out some hydrants. boy, all the glamor and excitment of firefighting!!!!!
if i dissappear for a while , ill be back later.

Old 02-17-03, 07:31 PM
Okay, will remember to do it sitting down and away from the keyboard LOL.

Just be safe if you have to get out tonight.

Kay

Old 02-17-03, 09:10 PM
boy that was fun. some were buried under snow almost 6' thnx to the plow drivers. well, back to lurking on the boards!!!!! btw thnx for your concern, always careful, every body goes home!!

Old 02-18-03, 04:20 AM
Group Moderator
Hey, we're suffering down here, too! I have to wear LONG PANTS today; only going to be in upper 60's!!!

Got some pics from big brother in Maryland City, MD; NO THANKS!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-03, 05:13 AM
Kid: glad that everyone is fine and the hydrants are clear. Of course I bailed on you guys last night and haven't seen the news to find out how much more snow you've gotten. You may be back out there doing it again for all I know.

Tow: I like warm weather better. Guess this little ole skinny body doesn't do well in the cold. Freezes me to my bones in a heartbeat! It got down into the 30's last night here. I keep forgetting to get an electric blanket so I slept with a heating pad on my stomach to keep me warm LOL. I know that's dangerous, and kept waking up every few minutes to make sure I hadn't rolled over ON it. Today ~ buying an electric blanket!

Kay

Old 02-18-03, 05:34 AM
we havent gotten much more snow since last night. im on my real job now (electrician), but get to go home at lunchtime(w/ pay!!)
ill probably nap for a while and go out and play w/ the kids. i think Wonder Woman(the wife) has to go in at 1500 so itll be daddy-daughter nite!!!!!!
tow guy- i repeat you are killing me!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-03, 05:51 AM
I always like daddy-daughter nite! Daddy spoiled me anyway, but having him all to myself for a little while was so neat!

Kay

Old 02-19-03, 07:02 AM
i look so foreward to those nights, we just watched the tube, and did some i spy book stuff. they love when i cook!!! used my george foreman grill for the first time last nite(pork chops) and they couldn't get enough!!!!!! had them asleep by the time WW got home (a big plus), and passed out cause the last 2 nites were sleep deprived with the emergency standbys and all. my 5 yo is feeling better, and ill probably take them out to play in the snow tonite after WW leaves for work. sucks when she works nites cause we miss each other. i can just imagine what its like for you w/ your hubby gone to work for weeks at a time. i work lots of hours, but at least get to sleep at home. i can at least spend some time with WW b4 bedtime, or should i say sleep time, as long as she works days. her boss is great to us. really takes care if we need to take care of a sick kid. i read in one of your previous posts about your kids being sick and all. for the time i spent home this weekend it seemed like a TB ward with all the coughing and sneezing going on!!!! seems like they are all getting better. the 5 yo will probably go to school tomorrow. also have the nephew staying w/ us(mother in law too, long story), and he's hacking a bit too damn kay, i dont think ive typed this much since college!! sorry so long winded, thanks for the outlet!!!

Old 02-19-03, 07:24 AM
We have a sled, and it is probably rotted by now. I keep it just in case we ever get snow here LOL. Would love to see my kids sledding. They would love it! I thought about finding someone that has snow and driving there. Then I thought better of it. I haven't driven in the snow in so long I would be afraid to relearn on a trip with all the kids in the car.

I remember my nights with my dad. Usually they were on a Friday night, and even if mom was home dad and I would camp out in the den. We'd put our sleeping bags in there and watch old shows like Wild Wild West. We loved the Carol Burnett show with Tim Conway. I loved, no LOVED, listening to my dad laugh. When mom was gone somewhere, he'd let me eat down in the den while watching tv. Such simple moments, yet those are the ones that stick in this 40 year old's mind.

I thought I had it bad with Mike being out of town until I received that email about the Military Families. I thought I had it bad since I can only talk to my husband for brief moments for fear of running up phone bills, and the rest of the chatting comes online with that aim program deal. Oh well, he's with me even when he's not. I can handle things around here, but that pile of clean clothes on his side of the bed just ain't fooling me anymore!

I got some not so good news last night. He's coming home at the end of February, but has to go back out again in March. Its both good news, and bad news. Good that he's coming home for a few weeks, and good that his work is picking back up. Bad that this new job is in three parts. One in Dallas, one in Baltimore and one in Memphis (Memphis I like, that is where he works anyway ). The one in Dallas is okay since I have family there. I may be able to go see him and my family, too although it is an 8 hour drive. How far is Maryland from Memphis, TN? Just keeping my fingers crossed that if it is a long job that he will be able to come home part of the way through for a visit.

Chattiness is allowed here LOL. Hmmm. CHATS & whines....

Kay

Old 02-19-03, 08:13 AM
they always want to camp in the backyard!!! this year they are older 5 & 3 1/2, so will probably do it this spring!! i love MD, never been to baltimore, but i hear its real nice there. we usually hang on the eastern shore, moms got a place by ocean city. we vaca there all year round. the winters are the off season, and although quiet its nice to go away somewhere where there are no pager going off, and no work calling me in. WW has work again tonite, so more of the same tonite, although she will be around for dinner!!!

Old 02-19-03, 08:25 AM
I'm glad she'll be home for dinner. I miss having Mike here. We put his chair in another room and spread out around the table. Empty spots make it harder. I was in there hanging up the laundry and it dawned on me something else I miss. As much as I hate doing laundry, I haven't done any of Mike's lately. I didn't realize that was another 'little' thing that sparked the 'woe is me' syndrome LOL.

Kay

Ps. Have fun tonight!

K.

Old 02-25-03, 05:52 AM
It actually snowed here!

I don't believe it. The weatherman here finally got it right. It snowed last night and the schools are even closed. Of course, the roads are already thawing out and its just now a little before 8 in the morning LOL.

Kids are excited though. Not enough to do anything but maybe make a few snowballs, but better than nothing for us. Sure don't want what they have up in the DC area!

Kay

Old 02-25-03, 11:39 AM
COOOOOOLLLLL!!!!
they say we should be getting more thursday, depending which way the storm goes, we could get a little or a lot. most of what we had, has gone away, what with 40 degree temps last week, and all the rain we got, there is still around 4-6" on the ground, our major problem here is ice. the streets here at night are like an ice rink. glad to see you got some white stuff, and dont sweat missing the tourney. therell be plenty more. this cooking show host Alton Brown has a quote "dont sweat the small stuff, words like inoperable and indictment are big stuff, all the rest is small stuff"

Old 02-25-03, 11:46 AM
I don't think I'd mind the snow so much if the kids wouldn't try to kill each other with deadly snow balls. Its almost as though they have to try to hurt each other. Oh well, shame that they can't enjoy something that we get so little of!

Kay

Old 02-25-03, 11:51 AM
in their defense, with the melting snow you cant help make those deadly ice balls. if the temp stayed down for you guys like it does up here, they wouldn't so darn hard the snow packs but not into an ice ball. its so wet here i wont let them play in it now. its wet and heavy, and after only 2 mins, they are souked to the skin. more snow to me means more sledding with the kiddies!!!!! i feel like im 10 again till the next morning, heh, heh, heh...

Old 02-26-03, 04:09 AM
Group Moderator
Cool

Going to get to 78-79 deg today, but going to be overcast and maybe a little rain.

Old 02-26-03, 08:02 AM
towguy, ive said it b4 ill say it again. your killing me!!!! although as much as i miss the heat right now and am cursin the cold, i do like the fact that winters here are cold, and summers are hot. i like the change of seasons, its like the best of both worlds.

Old 02-27-03, 05:28 AM
Group Moderator
Hey, we got seasons! Summer from Feb 15 - Jan 15 and Winter from Jan 15 - Feb 15!

Currently at 7:53 am:

64F
Cloudy

UV Index: N/A N/A
Dew Point: 64F
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 4.0 miles
Pressure: 29.91 inches and rising
Wind: From the South Southeast at 7 mph

Old 02-27-03, 05:50 AM
Its currently 34 here, which is great since there is no ice today! 46 tomorrow, and 56 on Saturday. WooHoo! Its warm here, too LOL! Its raining, though. Sunshine (hopefully) on Saturday.

I'm heading down to the Gulf Saturday morning! I cannot wait. I'll be there in the afternoon and spending 2 days. I am going to get warm and see some sunshine!

TowGuy this is for you: I'd do it in person but am only going to Gulf Shores. Too far down to where you are to stick my tongue out in person ~ you meanie and your pretty weather!

Kay

Old 02-27-03, 06:11 AM
here in beautiful NJ it is:

currently 25deg F
cloudy
rel hum 56%
bar press 30.30 and rising
dew pt 14 deg F
vis unlimited
wind NNE @ 10 mph
with the wind chill it feels like 15 deg F

that being said, i have to go out and work some 60' in the air on a transfer line here at the factory, they want to make sure it isnt frozen. fun fun fun!!!!

Old 02-27-03, 06:21 AM
Be safe my friend, and try to keep warm!

Kay

Old 02-27-03, 06:22 AM
thanks i will

Old 02-28-03, 05:57 AM
maggy1
Visiting Guest
Great white north

If I knew how t opost pictures I'd post the one I took of my front yard - I'm 5' 5 and the snow bank in my yard is as tall as me!

Old 02-28-03, 06:06 AM
Did you take the picture with a digital camera? If so, just send me an email with the saved picture as an attachement and I will post it online for you...

email addy: [email protected]

Kay

Old 02-28-03, 06:24 AM
maggy1
Visiting Guest
picture

I'll try....when I get home - winter in the business I work in (landscape products) is slow so that's generall when I'm posting - summer is a lot busier and I don't have time to even log on from work!

Old 02-28-03, 07:30 AM
okay, any problems just let me know and maybe we can walk through them. heaven only knows what i've had to be walked through lately and LOL still don't do well with someone holding my hand {{{{hugs ~ chfite}}}}.

Will post more later...am off to meet with the local ladies. Wish me luck, well, wish me the ability to not be bored out of my skull. could be fun, we shall see....

Kay