Apology from Canada

Old 02-28-03, 05:40 AM
maggy1
Visiting Guest
Apology from Canada

Hi fellow posters and diy'ers: In case you've heard about the remarks made by a person in the government hear (I won't justify her by using a name), I would like everyone to know, at least from this Canadian gal's point of view, it can't be farther from the truth.

My husband's best friend is in Pennsylvania and we spend a fair amount of time there each year.........I have never met a family more loving and welcoming than them and I treasure our "across the border" friends like gold.

We value the protection you offer (even though we sometimes are frustrated (doesn't everyone like to stand on their own once in a while) by our bumbling idiots in government and things they say.

We know we are exceedingly polite; don't carry guns and are generally neutral but if push came to shove, I'd be standing next to my big American friend from Pennsylvania should he ask. And I know, if I asked, he'd be next to me.

I love being Canadian and my friend loves being an American but, when we're together, we're invincible!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-03, 07:12 AM
no apology necessary, we all have idiots in government no matter where you are from, and the current state of the world makes these types of things all the more common. I have relatives in oshawa, and havent been to visit in far too long. think ill dial them up.