What would you change???

Old 03-01-03, 06:37 AM
Question What would you change???

The wife and i were out to dinner w/ another couple last fri, when the topic of discussion became what would you change if you could go back and do it over. out of the 4 of us i was the only one who wouldn't change a thing. i mean, im that happy with life and my situation that i have no regrets. am i sick??? am i the only one??? just wondering what you all thought!!(p.s. the wife's only changes seemed to be during her childhood(parental), so i guess she's ok with the way things are now!!!!! )

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-03, 11:55 PM
Do you mean out of your whole life? If so, I don't think I would change anything about the past but simply how I look at things in the future.

I can't say that if I could go back I wouldn't have married who I did since that would mean that I wouldn't have had my children. If I hadn't taken the path, however rough and tangled it may have been, I don't think that I would have the husband or the life I have today. So...I don't think you're crazy. I wouldn't change a thing of my past either. It is helping me to become a better person today (I hope LOL).

Kay

Old 03-02-03, 12:50 PM
I think that a saying attributed to Will Rogers sums it all up. " I only regret the things I didn't do."

My daughter asked me once if I wished I could be a teenager again. I thought about it and told her that I had already paid those dues and did not want to have to go back there.

I think that the outlook is the primary approach.

I have a friend with a ton of money, who has no children. I consider how much money it costs to raise a child, then remember: he has no grandchildren.

Old 03-02-03, 08:16 PM
Vicki James
Visiting Guest
I had a hard childhood. I would not change it for the world. That would mean changing the things that made me special. I think if I had not went through all that, I may not have the strengths I have to offer my children and othes I love.

Vicki

Old 03-03-03, 03:22 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
im with everyone here.life bites often but theres always a silver lining. yuck did i just say that? anyway sometimes we have to look really hard to find the good. the only thing i would have done differently was recreate the scene form waiting to exhale when i found out about my ex. anyway I thought it was a cool scene. LOL but my life made me who i am and im learning that . im a pretty unique person

Old 03-03-03, 04:11 PM
If I could change one thing...

I would have buckled down in college and gotten my bachelor degree and not wasted so much money with very little effort on my part and not settled for the associate degree. Sure a two year degree is better than nothing, but I was always a good student and I feel like I failed by not getting the four year degree.

I was already there, spent enough time and money to get it, but got caught up in the partying and new found freedom which payed me back with a big fat slap of reality.

Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sandie

Old 03-03-03, 04:14 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
sandie . whats stopping you from going back and getting the rest of your degree.? then no changes would need to be made

Old 03-03-03, 06:54 PM
Actually, I have looked into the online universities that are part of real, brick and mortar schools. I decided that once we have the house built (it will be paid for when we are done, yeah, doing it the hard way!) and the tuition will be do-able then. I also teach a lab at Southern Tech and have considered going there when the house is done.

So, all hope is not lost yet.. just hoping to get the house done before I'm 40 (lol)

Old 03-03-03, 07:15 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
good for you!!! best of luck !!!

Old 03-07-03, 10:53 AM
in regards to Chris's post above, we too have friends who have big buck$$$ go on loads of vacations etc, but while we can look at their pictures of exotic locales that we may someday visit, they may never know the simple joy of your child looking at you with those eyes (you all know the ones i mean), and telling you how much they love you. THERE IS NO GREATER GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread