Tornados

Old 05-05-03, 11:18 AM
MsChip
Visiting Guest
Tornados

This weekend sure was scarey with all the tornados running through the midwest. My heart goes out to all those people who lost family members, and also those who lost their homes to the storms.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-03, 01:54 PM
Same for all those here in the midsouth that experienced the high winds and tornados just last night.

My SIL was very lucky last night that the huge limb that fell off her tree somehow managed to miss the house.

So far I haven't heard of any casualties in this area, but I don't watch much tv or get the paper so I don't know for sure.

Kay

Old 05-12-03, 05:33 AM
even upstate NY was hit with two twisters yesterday (not yet confirmed). not as potent as those in the midwest - but very unusual fo rhte area... we are used to big snow falls!!

Old 05-12-03, 06:20 AM
That does seem unusual. We have the high winds, and the tornados seem to walk around our community. We do have high waters here, and tons of rain. Never flooding, though. While the twisters walk around us, we get bombarded with lightening. That's what scares me here.

I hope that everyone is okay through all this. Tis the season. With warmth, comes tornadoes and storms.

Kay

Old 05-13-03, 12:31 AM
MsChip
Visiting Guest
We had a few close calls last week with tornados...most have been hitting either just north or south of our county in eastern Missouri. So far it's been quite around here for the past couple days so we're having a bit of much needed reprieve, thankfully. But, being it is spring where the cold Canadian air collides with the warm moist air from the south, prime tornado season is far from over.

A couple nights ago when the tornado warning expired I decided to put the movie "Twister" in the VCR. It just seemed like that movie would fit the moment perfectly....call me crazy!!!

Btw...a tornado has hit all 50 states at least once, as per the weather channel's statistics.

Old 05-13-03, 05:23 AM
We got some good news the other day. My SIL's house has this tree in the front yard that we are always afraid is going to hit the house. It has managed, in these high winds, to drop some rather large limbs, but none have hit the house. The landlord agreed to cut it down. I just hope he does it soon, since as mentioned above, tornado season is far from over!

I like that movie Twister. I didn't care too much for the documentary, but the movie itself was pretty good.

You can call me crazy now, my favorite movie is Stigmata. Of course, when the weather's tough usually Twister goes in the dvd player. I wonder if these movies just remind us that things could be worse?

Kay

Search this Thread