just touching base

Old 05-27-03, 04:45 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
just touching base

havent been on for awhile so i thought i would say hello to ones ive talked to here. ive checked back from time to time.just havent been in the frame of mind to write. kay since i didnt see anything i guess you got the bank thing straightened out. you try so hard and then to have something like that happen it must have been a pain. im going back into the hospital because the doctor screwed up the last surgery . so now of course its much worse and instead of 1 day ill be in the hospital for at least a week . im not tripping this time , im hating it but not tripping . ill save that for the day of. everyone out there have a good one and take care.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-03, 06:47 AM
Sunshine,

I'm sorry to hear about you having to go back for more surgery. Did they miss something last time, or just not do something right? I really hate that for you!

It seems that everyone has been busy lately. Me included. I've been watching the boards, but posting very little. The kids are out of school now so I'll be posting more as I go crazier

The bank deal is resolved, I guess. I don't know who did it, or if they even found out. The bank did reimsburse me the monies, minus one bad check fee. The rest of the fees they reimsbursed. May have missed that one, but I was tired of going up there so I just let it go.

I sure hope things change for everyone soon. It appears that some type of funk has spread across the country. Not just a mood funk, but things like your re-surgery (I know, not a word), my husband's hours being cut, etc. It seems to be happening all over the country. If it isn't the economy causing trouble for someone, its the acts of nature (tornados, hail, etc.). I don't know if this is actually anything new, or is it that I've been so isolated that I am now aware of things going on across the country that I wouldn't have known about before meeting so many online through these boards.

Take care of yourself. Post when you can. I love to hear from you.

Kay

Old 05-27-03, 11:43 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
kay thanks, im glad your bank stuff worked itself out. i guess re-surgery is as good a word as any. the doctor didnt operate where the hernia was . now its 5Xs more expensive and twice as much pain and recoupe time. their eating the cost this time. its only right. i read what everyone is going through . i hope what ever planet is in retrograde gets out soon. at least it stopped raining here i thought we were going to have to build an ark for awhile. so i know what you mean about the weather. oh never did get the quilts finished so i guess this means i have more time. and i did start another one . my daughters best friend wanted one made out of her wedding dress no one else would touch it. its just fabric. so i have the top finished and will quilt it when i feel better. take care. sheila

Old 05-28-03, 05:45 AM
Sunshine,
havent heard from you in a while, sorry to hear about the problems w/ the surgery, hope all comes out o.k. you are in my thoughts!!!

Frank

Old 05-28-03, 12:05 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
thanks for your thoughts. d-day is 8AM tomorrow morning. and it seems like i have a million things to do and people to call when all i want to do was take a nap. check in later when i can best to all

Old 05-28-03, 12:14 PM
Good luck tomorrow Sheila! We'll be thinking about you.

Kay

Old 06-20-03, 02:23 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
hi there back on puter for short periods cant sit long. i just wish i could have gotten a trade in instead. these repairs just take too long to work right. hows everyone doing . rain finally stopped here. reading what everyone is writing i can see my life is really boring . being house bound for almost a year doesnt give you very much to talk about. take care all

Old 06-20-03, 06:01 PM
Sheila,

I'm glad you're doing okay, but sorry to hear that this is taking longer than expected. I've never had a year off due to surgery, but remember the 2 months that I was off due to surgery. It was rather boring. People would laugh when I could tell them every flaw or spot on the ceiling or walls in the bedroom and living room. Afterall, when you're in there so often and can't really find anything to do you begin noticing your surroundings, maybe a little too much.

Hang in there. One day this will all be behind you and you will have your life back - more than likely one so much better than you imagined.

Kay

Old 06-21-03, 12:16 AM
hey sunshine!!

hang in there, its easy to get down in your situation. keep your chin up and start making plans for all the things you have been missing out on. when you have recouped, im sure you wont let an idle day pass. feel better, and hope youre up and around soon!!!

Old 06-21-03, 09:55 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
thanks for the encouragement . I needed it today. Starting to get a little down. This too shall pass.I just wish it would hurry up! I always have been a little impatient.

Old 06-21-03, 10:54 PM
Survival

Set your jaw. Ignore the pain. Get up and do the minimal, like going to the bathroom and getting cleaned up. The rest of your responsibilities will be there when you get physically able to do so. Examine your spiritual self and look to there for support. I am not saying that you have to be religious. I am Irish, so I have many Irish blessings that get me through days. Still haven't found the little green people, but still looking.

My doctor told me to get off my feet for 6 wks. I have a business to run. Don't get depressed. Try to look on the positive side. Tough, I know.

P

Old 06-21-03, 11:43 PM
Hey Twelvepole! Are you following your own advice and doing what the doctor ordered?

Just curious. Take care of yourself my friend.

Kay

Old 06-25-03, 02:29 PM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
yea twelvepole it is tough after a year. especially now when it seems the pain is getting worse. called to make appointment with qigong therapist waiting for her return call. i hate taking pain meds but it seems like its the only way to get through the day for now. i go though times of saying the heck with it and then i have times of im not going to let it beat me . ive come this far. thats after the meds lol. i had a friend of mine tell me only the good die young so im going to live forever. im glad he thinks so much of me or maybe he just knows me really well. how about passing on some of those irish blessings i need all the help i can get. lol.

Old 06-30-03, 06:18 PM
Oh, Sunshine!

I can't take pain meds because I am allergic to everything. Thus, if I am ever in your situation, I will have to suffer. Pain is a reminder that we are still alive. For some, that may not be a welcome note.

I don't know anything about drugs, because I have never done drugs and refuse everything doctors prescribe me. You have to be careful with pain meds, because many are addictive. We don't want you to become a drug addict during this processs. We love you too much. We want you pain and drug free. That is your goal!!!

The Irish Blessing that is always with me: "May the wind rise up to meet you, may the wind be ALWAYS at your back."

Best regards, our beloved Sunshine, and keep us posted on your progress!

Old 07-01-03, 05:25 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
twelvepole, i know what you mean about being allergic to pain meds. the only thing i can take is darvocet. its the only thing i can take that doesnt make me sick to my stomach or give me a headache. i only take one half in the afternoon when i lay down and 1 at night with 2 valerian combos. i have to or id never get any rest. i did too much sunday and monday and am paying for it today. but my sister from colorado is stopping here on her way to the airport ( i live 20 minutes from atl. airport) . i havent seen her in over 35 yrs. just recently talked to her for the first time. so i wanted the house as clean as i could manage. its a female thing i guess. lol good thing its a small house. i never did drugs either . i always found better things to spend my money on.. and i had all the excuses the kids use today . i saw an irish saying on a t shirt one day and always wanted one it was something about sining like noone can hear you and ive never found one ill keep looking. have a good day everyone hugs.

Old 07-01-03, 05:29 AM
sunshine1952
Visiting Guest
hey sorry i meant singing need to spell better