Thank you, but...ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-03, 01:50 PM
Thumbs down Thank you, but...ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!

I realize what w/ the drought conditions in our area last year we really did alot of praying and raindancing!!! We are getting pounded w/ rain like you cant believe this year. now i know what they mean when they say "When it rains, it pours!!!"

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-03, 04:23 PM
Rain in NE, NJ I can't believe it. BTW, where in NJ are you? I lived in Caldwell as a kid.

Old 06-19-03, 06:45 PM
Rain

Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day.

We have been slammed here in Eastern KY. The ground is so wet that contractors can't dig, so it hurts us construction related industries.

Old 06-19-03, 08:00 PM
harleyboy
Visiting Guest
Twelvepole

Same in neighboring WV. Did you see the FedEx truck floating down the river/creek? My yard slushes when I walk and the garden is awful. Hmmm we'll be complaining of a dry spell sooner or later!

Old 06-20-03, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by harleyboy
Twelvepole

Same in neighboring WV. Did you see the FedEx truck floating down the river/creek? My yard slushes when I walk and the garden is awful. Hmmm we'll be complaining of a dry spell sooner or later!
That's probly where my back ordered Red Wing boots are at they claim shipped last week !

Old 06-20-03, 07:49 AM
harleyboy
Visiting Guest
Hey Mattison,

Considering most of the Fedex guys at that location spent their morning waiting to be rescued from the roof of their building, you are probably right! Several inches of rain in an hour or so, turned a small creek into a raging river...and that building is on a hill...go figure. And some kid probably fished your boots out of the muck when the water went down and is wearing them as we speak, tramping through 8 or 9 inches of mud!
Love your sense of humor....gotta laugh....what else you gonna do?

Old 06-20-03, 08:29 AM
yeah, and to think i started this thread in the beginning of the month, and it is still raining. the guy next door in the robe with the long hair and beard just got a lumber delivery last night and asked me how long a cubit was...hmmmmmm???

Old 06-20-03, 12:50 PM
magister
Visiting Guest
If it's not one thing, it's another...

It finally started raining here, last week; Thus far, without actually processing the raw data for the research station nearest my house, but according to Accuweather; It has rained .07" in June. Which isn't bad considering that prior to last week, it had only rained maybe twice, since November; Rain is now an almost daily occurance. Though more often than not, I am lucky if it gets all the way down past the top of my head and I kinda wish it didn't always happen in the late afternoon...

Peace;
R

Old 07-02-03, 08:25 AM
harleyboy
Visiting Guest
uh....where'd the rain go? I gotta water my garden! LOL
I don't think we're supposed to be happy with the weather. Besides, I thought it necessary to 'lighten and brighten' the place with all the 'ego' stuff going on.
Happy Dry Spell!!

Old 07-02-03, 08:08 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I'm glad I came across this thread! I have a small engine business that is being killed by the rain. You see, when it rains no one is worried about the grass. I started keeping up with the Saturdays it has rained here or the day before about 10 weeks ago. Six of the last Saturdays it has rained, two it has rained the Friday before (killing Sat. just the same) and have been blessed with two pretty Friday and Saturdays. This business is less than a year old so the off days really count now.
I am in NE Mississippi and it HAS got to stop.
Thanks for letting me vent in your thread....Mike

Old 07-02-03, 11:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hey Mike,look at it this way....imagine how FAST that grass is gonna GROW!!! (once it gets some sunlight, lol). I'm personally glad to be getting out of the drought that weve been in the last 5 yrs.