Is anyone else sick of Kobe?

Old 08-06-03, 10:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is anyone else sick of Kobe?

Considering the media firestorm during the O.J. trial, there should be a law saying that anytime a celebrity gets into legal trouble the only way to learn more about it is to watch Court Tv. It is sickening to see how much of Sportcenter is filled with garbage about the Kobe trial. On Espn.com, there was a poll about the media coverage of this and 80% of the 51,000 people that completed the poll said that is was excessive. I had no interest in Kobe or the Lakers before this and only feel disgust when they are mentioned.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-03, 10:22 PM
Kobe

The media has to sell the news. One of the ways they accomplish this is through sensationalism at the expense of the individuals who have committed some wrongdoing. And anything that involves sex sells. Remember the OJ trial. They report that Kobe's trial will make OJ look tame! So, TV ratings will definitely go up. It all about selling news, getting advertisers, and TV ratings.

Old 08-06-03, 10:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
During OJ, I came very close to using a sledgehammer on the Tv, Kobe might make me do it.

Old 08-07-03, 12:19 AM
harleyboy
Visiting Guest
Kobe ranks right down there with all the 'Who wants to Marry my Big Brother Race to the Dog eat Dog Alter' reality shows and other crap that has taken over the otherwise unsensational network programming.
Ah, the one great thing about the remote control...the OFF button.

Old 08-07-03, 05:24 AM
Group Moderator
The case speaks volumes about athletes who jump directly from high school to professional sports without the benefit of at least a couple of years of college education - the kind you get both in AND out of the classroom. I'm trying to imagine, for instance, Tim Duncan getting himself in that kind of fix.

I have "0" interest in pro hoops; bring on the NCAA and the road to the Final Four!

Old 08-07-03, 05:25 AM
???Who is Kobe!!!??? i thought that was really expen$ive beef from japan????

Old 08-07-03, 05:48 AM
Group Moderator
No, it's some really expensive beef from L.A. being grilled in Colorado. Chance of being raked over the coals, too.

Old 08-07-03, 09:41 AM
Ashley
Visiting Guest
???Who is Kobe!!!??? i thought that was really expen$ive beef from japan????
No, it's some really expensive beef from L.A. being grilled in Colorado. Chance of being raked over the coals, too.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HEHEHEHEHE
ooooooooooooooooooooooooh goodness

thats one im share'n with the hubby!!!!!