Which is worse?

Old 08-09-03, 03:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Which is worse?

Which is worse? Root canal surgery or recieving a certified letter from the IRS

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-03, 05:02 PM
Root canal surgery done old west style might come close but an audit is the pits. I was audited back in 89' when I had a small 2 man service co. forgot to report some of my income to the city so in turn it didn't match up with IRS. Had to go back 7 years and they went over every detail and headache after headache this was only over a $900 difference from city vs IRS. I ended up paying like $150 bucks or something and every year after that had to fill out detailed tax forms for the city and that just stopped last year.

Old 08-09-03, 08:01 PM
I would much rather have a root canal any day. I've never been audited, and try real hard to not set myself up to be audited, but am ready if it happens. I have had 6 root canals, and a bone graph.

Still, would rather have a root canal...

Kay

Old 08-09-03, 08:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Had a root canal several years ago and the idiot dentist plugged the hole before it finished draining. I was at an all day concert out of state at the time and it felt like my tooth was going to explode. Vicodin didn't kill that pain. Got a certiifed letter from the IRS this year about back taxes threatening asset seizure, but my return crossed in the mail which showed that I made earned income credit. They haven't bothered me again this year.

Old 08-13-03, 09:49 PM
The worse thing the IRS has sent to us is a letter stating that they were going to disallow our deductions since the name on the return didn't match my social. Forgot to change it when I got married LOL. The best news I've gotten, well, gotten it twice is the increased child tax credit refunds. One year we got $600, and this year we're getting $1200.

This is wonderful for us since my husband's company pulled all the vans for personal use. This means that he no longer has the benefit of being able to drive the company van home. We just sold our second vehicle since it sat unused! Maybe we can find something decent for that as a work truck, or at least something for me to drive around until we can do better. Had to finance yet another vehicle. I still haven't paid the Taurus off yet. Plus, I am not adjusting well to having a way to get around during the day!

Kay

Old 08-14-03, 04:16 PM
If you're not getting audited, you're paying too much tax!

Frank

Old 08-14-03, 07:56 PM
I think we're in that weird zone of income. We get all our taxes back. I think the most we've paid in taxes was $200.

We don't even claim the interest on our home since it wouldn't help us. It doesn't hurt now that they give us credit for having a retirement fund. Otherwise, we would have had to pay that $200 again this year.

On the other hand, we don't qualify for any type state or federal aid because we make too much.

I don't understand how all that works, but its a relief at tax time since we pretty much stay broke all the time during the year. I wish I could get my husband's company to get the deductions right. Getting that refund at the beginning of the year is nice, but I would much rather be putting that money into his 401K or into a savings account! We end up using it to catch up on things that we've fallen behind on during the year or repairs/improvements to the house that we couldn't otherwise afford.

Kay