rebate

Old 09-26-03, 11:11 AM
rebate

hi folks,
picked this forum to express my utter frustration trying to get a rebate from STAPLES.
sent in all the required items to get the rebate and i get back a reply they didn't receive the UPC code.
i send back a reply that i honestly had stapled and taped all the required items for the rebate,explaining i could get copies of everything but the original UPC code. as we all know,there is ONLY one UPC code on a item.
don't know who i should vent my anger to,staples,their rebate
center clowns,or the manufacture. have contacted all!

thanks, i almost feel better..........naw,i don't really!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-03, 03:42 PM
I'm beginning to think this is done by the "rebate center" as a sleazy way to reduce their payout! In about a 2 month period I heard the same story from several friends about Sams Club having the same response on DVD rebates, it happened to me which was the conversation starter. The next time I bought a DVD I sent it in, BUT MADE A COPY OF ALL THE STUFF, TAPED TOGETHER BEFORE I MAILED IT. Sure enough, about 3 weeks after I mailed it I get the same form letter back, ...no UPC code, can't process your request, blah, blah, blah.

I mailed back the copy with a note on the bottom of their form letter saying: THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WHEN I MAILED IT, IF ITS MISSING YOU LOST IT. Two weeks later here came my check. Just coincidence I'm sure.

I also let Sam's Club know. Received no response, but if you want to know how much they care about it, please look at the last Fortune Magazine listing of the 400 richest folks, lots of Walton kin on that list.

Frank

Old 09-26-03, 04:52 PM
hi slumlandlordfrank,
thanks for your input. sorry to say we are not alone.
i sent a somewhat nasty letter to staples and the rebate center
pretty much as you did,also,the manufacture.
don't expect to get a answer or any satisfaction.
however, i'll let the word out about them. there are other outfits that will be happy to get my business.
maybe someday a attorney general will get on them.
cheers

Old 09-29-03, 05:13 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I would take the item back to Staples regardless of condition and DEMAND a refund or an on the spot rebate. You will end up with the manager but be sure you discuss this on the floor instead of his office. Its amazing how fast they will do whats right if you point to a new purchase in another customers hand and say for instance "So tell me, if this person has a problem with this product they are stuck with it due to policy".

I had made a buy at a major electronics outfit and item quit working after 2 days. No problem I thought, I'll just go get another one. Customer service told me the item had to be sent off for factory service. That just flew all over me! They brought the manager out and he wanted to discuss it in the office. Wrong, we'll discuss it right here. I pointed to some boxes people were holding in the checkout line and asked him if these products have problems in the first few days will they also have send them off for 6+ weeks only to have a repaired item that is supposed to be brand new? These folks started flipping the boxes around looking for warranty info which was about the time the manager sent the clerk to the back for a new one for me. I could see the manager putting himself in my place and he wouldn't have it either.

Point of this is managers sometimes will do whats right even if outside company policy.....Mike

Old 09-29-03, 02:01 PM
hi Mike,
thanks for your input. i am planning on doing just that. i think the store manager should know first hand that they have a upset customer when they attend their regional/local meetings.
also, i'm contacting my attornry general and making out a complaint form. unfortuaneatly, i live in massachusetts,and the state has a way of NOT RESPONDING. makes me feel good anyhow,and staples has lost my busines and friends,neighbors,
and family. i'm "small potatoes" to them.

Old 10-09-03, 11:01 AM
its me again with a update about my rebate problem.
i finally got a"real" person on the phone at staples to listen to me.
anyway,i they are sending me my $30 rebate.
i guess if you make a real pest of your self somebody is bound to listen. providing you can get a real person and not some idiotic menu that doesn't cover your question.
thanks to all again.

Old 10-11-03, 07:48 AM
I'm glad that you are finally getting your rebate. This whole thread has been helpful to me. I recently submitted a rebate and took precautions mentioned above to ensure there weren't any problems. Its a large rebate, and its necessary to my budget for it to happen!

Kay

Ps. Frank, I did exactly as you said - I took picture of the rebate items as they were right before I stuck it all in the envelope. Thanks for posting that wonderful tip!

K

Old 10-11-03, 05:56 PM
hello KayByrd,
glad my experience may be of some help to you. as a side note,
when i contacted the rebate center about the UPC code problem,
i read to them the info on the sales slip. it turned out a series of #'s on the sales slip were the UPC code. don't really know if that was true,or just my loud complaining that did it.
oh,well!
good luck in your rebate solution.

Old 12-06-03, 12:02 PM
staples rebate followup

hi everyone,
just thought i'd let you all know that i finally got my rebate from staples for my buslink cd-rw drive. it did takes acouple more phone calls to them but they relented on my supposedly not send them the bar code that wa son the box. if you remember, i did.
anyway, it turns out after talking to one of their customer reps
he asked me if i had the sales slip and to read back to him any
numbers that were typed on the sales slip. low,and behold,one
of the numbers was the bar code number and he said that was acceptable for the rebate over the phone. it took 3 months,but i
was so ticked off,or thick,if you prefer,to just give up.
wishing you all MERRY CHRISTMAS.
daswede