the reply

Old 10-24-03, 04:18 PM
tae
the reply

After reading Marturo's post about mens rules:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...hreadid=146975
I thought it would be funny to leave a copy on the desktop for my fiance to see. The next day i saw this on my desktop:

WHAT ARE MEN REALLY LIKE?

Men are like.....Bank Accounts.
Without a lot of money, they don't generate much interest.

Men are like.....Bike helmets.
Handy in an emergency, but otherwise they just LOOK SILLY.

Men are like.....Coffee.
The best ones are rich, warm, and can keep you up all night
long.

Men are like.....Computers.
Hard to figure out and never have enough memory.

Men are like.....Government bonds.
They take so long to mature.

Men are like.....High heels.
They're easy to walk on once you get the hang of it.

Men are like.....Horoscopes.
They always tell you what to do and are usually wrong.

Men are like.....Lava lamps.
Fun to look at, but not all that bright.

Men are like.....Mascara.
They usually run at the first sign of emotion.

Men are like.....Placemats.
They only show up when there's food on the table.

Men are like.....Weather.
Nothing can be done to change either one of them.

Hmmmm....

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-03, 06:38 AM
Hey! I resemble those remarks! LOL

Old 10-31-03, 11:04 PM
Smile Is it a wonder so many Men Import their Mates?

Oh I knew a Guy who brought a Bride back from the War & while I was going to Marry a Native American (a Women born in the USA) it seemed ok for him.

Today the number of Men going over to Russia & China to get Brides has exploded & I ask myself why. When I was visiting a friend with his Russian Wife I could not believe the welcome I got by his wife, same thing with another friend with a Wife from China.

The similarity in the way their Man friend was welcomed & made to feel at home ( as they stayed quiet) was like I remember Military Wives & the way they treated their Husbands Men Friends. I never wanted a servant for a Wife, as far back as I remember.

When you look at the nunbers of devorcies among Men with Wives from overseas compared to Men who marry American Wives it seems like it's less, but you can't base it all on a few numbers.

I have been married just once to the same Women for 31 years. I have been asked why & How, I can stand the same Women for that long. Easy She is my best Friend & we talk about anything & everything & never go to bed mad at one another. I want what is best for her, & she wants what is best for me. It works out very well because one is always looking out for the other.

Seems simple & as far as the She's from Venus & he's from Mars Bull, just talk & listen to your best Friend, & you will never wake up one morning to find out you never realy knew each other.

Well that's my .02 cents worth of how to have a happy marriage & still kid around about Men & Women. Just remember a Spirit has no he & She, so we are all really the same after all.

Marturo

Old 11-01-03, 12:46 PM
Just remember a Spirit has no he & She, so we are all really the same after all.
I remember hearing this as well: "I have no shape or form, and no gender. I am your spirit."

Sorry, just something I needed to be reminded of LOL.

Talking to your mate can be hard if you have forgotten that your mate is your friend. Sometimes I catch myself talking to my husband as a husband or like one of the kids. Not as a friend. I don't speak to my friends the way I talk to him sometimes. That isn't good. I'm afraid that at times I'm kinder to strangers than I am to him with my words. I will try to remember to look and speak to him for what he is: my friend - first and foremost.

Kay

Old 12-01-03, 02:01 AM
pajamas
Visiting Guest
men are people who are insensitive, proud, and messy but on the other hand, they still have a heart. so basically, we're all alike.. men and women haha