Bush's visit to Southaven

Old 11-03-03, 12:04 PM
Bush's visit to Southaven

I am going to clear up the record here for all those wondering, and yes, I've had two people that thought of me when they first heard it LOL!

I was not the driver of the car in Southaven that rammed the building where President Bush was speaking Saturday morning.

However, I sure felt like it when I had to wait for 45 minutes to get home. I was 1/2 mile from the expressway and needed on the other side of it to go another 1/2 mile to my house LOL. They had it blocked until he passed by there.

I discovered later that my husband's co-workers can no longer call me the crazy one since it was the wife of one of Mike's co-workers that broke through the barracade and rammed the building!

Kay

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-03, 04:29 PM
Kay,

Glad to hear it wasn't you! lol

I can understand your frustration with the roadblocks. Here in Atlanta they use "rolling" roadblocks. What this usually does is extend rush hour by a couple more hours if in the morning, or start rush hour a couple hours earlier if in the afternoon. I laugh everytime I hear the phrase 'rolling' roadblock because I know that the only thing rolling is the motorcade!

Now your Mike has no excuse for not defending your sanity amongst his co-workers! He better be saying something like, yeah well she hasn't rammed her car into the President's speech yet, has she?!?!?!!!! LOL (j/k)

Sandie

Old 11-04-03, 04:56 PM
I did warn Mike that I would probably be the next woman around here to totally lost it if he didn't start helping out around here. I don't mean the garbage, yard, etc. I mean with household decisions and the finances.

I don't have time or the brain power to raise 3 children, fix/repair this house, take care of the normal bills, deal with a huge cut in income, the insurance companies that are dickering over who pays what for Elizabeth's (now 2 ) ER visits and anything else that life throws in the mix. I wish, oh how I wish, that I could just go to work everyday and then come home and not worry about a thing.

I actually feel sorry for the woman. After hearing some of the background on her and her life, I can't blame her when she was desperately seeking help from her mother-in-law who was attending the deal with Bush. She didn't mean to run through the barracade or into the building. Just was just desperately trying to get to help. She was having a breakdown.

Kay

Old 11-10-03, 09:44 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Wink

Nothing like having a breakdown to get some attention, eh?

I have felt much the same way. For a very long time.

I feel as tho I have come so far in such a relatively short time. I have gone from professional (kid tho I was) to mom, to stay-at-home mom, to divorcee, to girlfriend, to having my own apartment all over again, plus EMT, ambulance driver, Leasing Manager (apts again), Assistant Community Manager (my newest promotion........)..blah blah blah blah blah.

I have gone from 6 people on ONE income in own house to 7 people with 4 incomes and two completely separate budgets and own house AND own apartment and working schedules to have equal time with kids and damn, I'm tired just typing all this.
I have worked 15 hours of OT this week on first of month crud and my brain hurts. I'm taking two half days tomorrow and Wednesday.

UGH.

I think if I ran into a building it'd be because my mind would be at work while my body was in my car! I DREAM about work. BOTH jobs.

But I love it! Dont get me wrong I am NOT complaining. I get to see my kids, and work to my little work-a-holics heart's content and make good money (finally) and be able to afford to buy things I WANT instead of just what I absolutely need. I told my guy yesterday I feel so spoiled. (he jumped to remind me that I've worked hard to get here.....)
Then he yelled at me for not relaxing and taking care of myself....

Anyhow. I just wanted to talk. I feel much more relaxed now, thank you....

Old 11-10-03, 10:03 PM
Jeez girl,

You sound like me. I've started a small business at home on top of all the problems we've been having here. I have to wake myself up several times during the night since I'm dreaming of putting labels on this that or the other, or putting products into bags, or talking to insurance companies about Elizabeth's deals, or....

I wake up more tired than when I laid down. It doesn't help that all the 'dreams' are magnified since I've been sick and taking sinus medication. That makes for weird dreams for me anyway.

If I could just spend a whole day not worrying, plotting or planning I think I would be okay. Just never seems to work that way.

I'm sitting here at midnight trying to catch up here on the forums, too. I've gotten so behind here as well. It doesn't help that I've gotten my system so screwy at the moment that I can't even use my usb card reader. That bothers me since I need to be able to access pictures that I've taken. Arghh. Windows just refuses to run on my computer anymore, no matter what I do. I love Linux, just still too new at it to figure all this stuff out.

Oh well, tis my life. Need to scoot to bed. Have a dental appointment in the a.m. for one of the kids.

Kay

Old 11-11-03, 08:22 PM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Aaahhh...computers!

I gave up on those. I leave that to my man these days, its easier.

Always good to hear from you, and keep updated!!!!!

Smile!

Old 11-12-03, 04:54 AM
You know I can't leave the computer up to Mike, he's just gotten beyond his fear of turning one on.

I'm so proud of him! He's got this game he plays on the laptop. He can get it all set up, even knows how to stop some of the stuff I have that loads at startup for me, and plays his game.

While he was out of town this last time he not only could get online while gone, but also email things back and forth to work. Guys, I'm not making fun of him, just proud that he's become more comfortable with a computer.

Kay

Old 11-12-03, 09:42 AM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Wow! Good for him!

I was much like that myself not too long ago....

Oh I wanna stay an chat, but housework is calling me. I have to go clean well and fix a couple things and go some laundry since my little Gwyniviere is coming to stay with us for our days off.
Then I have to go to work!

Better jet!

Search this Thread