Aren't the military entrance rules strange?

Old 11-28-03, 08:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Aren't the military entrance rules strange?

I am asking this because I tried to go into the Marine Corps about 4 years ago. I got a 92nd percentile on my ASVAB exam (military entrance it means Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery) and am barred for life from joining any armed service due to a missing fingerprint on my stupid hand (power saw accident). If I did get into the Marines, I would probably be in Iraq or Afghanistan right now, so I guess it was kind of a blessing in disguise.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-03, 08:51 PM
Hirsh,

That is strange. My next door neighbor is young, but a wonderful young man, husband and father. He couldn't get into the military either.

After 2 months of waiting and getting rejections from all the branches he tried to enlist with, he went back to work as an electrician. Almost immediately after that he was offered entrance into almost all the branches he tried to enlist with? What's up with that?

He is now in the army reserves, and still works as an electrician.

Kay

Old 11-30-03, 06:31 AM
mrhaney
Visiting Guest
what is your home state hirsh? mine is massachusetts. it was easy to get in in 1965. i did not have any problems. well i appreciate you trying any way.

Old 11-30-03, 05:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I live in Connectitax. I went to the Boston MEPS after talking to my local recruiter in '99