Arg! Single mom again LOL

Old 12-07-03, 07:13 AM
Arg! Single mom again LOL

Not really complaining since its great that my DH has work this time of year, but he just left to go out of town for a month. He'll come home for a few days at Christmas and then leaves again shortly afterwards.

This trip should be a lot easier on us since we are not in 'crisis mode' right now. We thought we had the whole weekend to get him ready, but they ended up having to leave this morning.

Now, I have to figure out how to put these lights on the house myself. I doubt that I'll put as many as he did last year, but I'll see if I can't get them up. I also have some wonderful neighbors that will help me if I need it.

Anyway, I'm doing great right now but if I get to whining, please remind me how blessed our family is, and that this is a temporary state! I also know that everyone here will help keep me sane while he's gone --- or drive me right on over the edge LOL!

Kay

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-03, 06:52 AM
Cath and I feel for you. maybe Cat more than me. i had a chance to do some emergency standby work w/ the FD & EMS this weekend, and turned down both when i saw the look on her face when i asked. I always ask her because my first responsibility is my family, second is the rest of the world. she didnt want to end up single mom for the entire snowy weekend, so i stayed home and helped out, & did my fair share of shoveling!!! But we all know, to make the $$$ youve got to put in the time. Hang in there !!!

Old 12-08-03, 07:05 AM
There are times that I could just die when he goes out of town. I need him home. This trip, is a blessing for us. Now that one of the dad's is being a dead-beat dad and I can't find work we need this income to help us through.

Otherwise, I would be throwing a fit! I'm doing okay still, but usually after about a week I get weirder than usual. When Mike and I first met it wasn't uncommon for him to go out of town. About 6 months after we started dating he ended up going out of town for 9 months. I was use to it, not a problem. Then after we married they never sent him out of town. So now, these jobs are hard on us since we're not use to it.

He's not too far away, which is nice. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get their computers hooked together to play a game. We tried to do this while they were here but the computer died. Now they have another one to hook to, but I'm not there to help them PLUS am having to get help with it here too since I'm not sure how to accomplish it.

Well, I know now since racraft explained it to me, but trying to get the guys to understand is going to be a different story LOL.

Kay