My Christmas

Old 12-28-03, 01:49 PM
tae
My Christmas

Hello all. My Christmas went like this:
Friday the 19th: My fiancÚ and i go to hospital for scheduled c section.(week overdue)
Get out of hospital on Monday evening(22nd).
Go to work Tuesday, and come home to take her back to E>R. She has infection in c section cut. back to hospital for round of iv antibiotics.
get out Wednesday evening.
Thursday was great. Did all the Christmas stuff. Around 7 p.m. she goes to get water for her motrin, and starts screaming. Her incision ruptured and about a quart of infection and fluid came pouring out. Now thats scary for a few seconds.Every horror movie I've ever seen flashed through my mind. Back to E.R., then hospital.
More iv antibiotics. Now we are finally home, and she has 2 open wounds,one about 3 inches long and one about an inch long. Both wounds seem to be doing OK, as is she. The baby is great. He was 7 lbs. 9 oz, @20 inches long. I hope it is all over. A christmas i will never forget. Both good and bad.
Belated merry Christmas to all!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-03, 03:25 PM
Gosh I hope she's okay. That is so scary. I don't know which is worse, having the incision come open to release infection or it staying closed and causing more problems (I had the later).

One thing I do want to say: I am so proud of you for standing by her during all of this. My husband thought he had done his part by taking me to the hospital when I went into labor. He did bring me home, but afterwards and during my hospital stay I was on my own. Pretty scary and very lonely.

Give your fiance' my best wishes, and let her know that she is in my thoughts as you are, too. Definitely a Christmas neither of you will forget!

Kay

Old 12-28-03, 04:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
<center><font color=red size="+3">CONGRATULATIONS!!!</font></center>

Good to hear <i>almost</i> everything went ok. Give our best to your fiance and take a break.

PS: Next time - feel free to leave out the details of the complications - I just ate

Old 12-29-03, 08:54 AM
Congrats.

My wife always tells everyone when birthing comes up how I drove through White Castles for breakfast on the way to the hospital while she was in labor. She didn't think it was to funny at the time but it is now. Man I was hungry and the thought of being there all that time I would've died from starvation.

Old 12-29-03, 09:27 AM
Mattison,

You are one strange puppy dude!

Us wives do forget that its stressful being the other partner. You know, the one that just stands there and tries to make us feel better after we've carried the baby for nine months, dealt with all that brought on, lost our figures, and then have to go through labor while YOU tell us to breathe....

Really, I don't know what I would do if the roles were switched. I don't think I could think straight at all if I had to watch my partner go through all that. Knowing that I couldn't do anything about it yet not wanting to change the fact that we were bringing a baby into the world - our baby.

Guys do handle situations differently. Cope different ways. My second husband couldn't even stay for the birth. He lost it. Maybe he should have stopped at white castle first.

Kay

Old 12-30-03, 07:48 AM
That was our 1st kid and the deal is her labor was in her back. Me being an in the dark guy never heard of such a thing and thought she was mistaking labor for simple back pain. I even wore my work clothes cause I just knew she was wrong. She told me in all capitle letters "I'M HAVING THIS BABY TODAY!" She did.

Old 01-05-04, 02:35 AM
Merry Christmas

Congratulations! I agree that this will be a Christmas to remember. I pray that your wife heals quickly and that the coming year brings great joy to you and yours.