Pages loading very slowly

Old 02-27-04, 04:56 AM
Pages loading very slowly

Ever since about Tuesday this week pages have been loading very sloooooooooowly. It sometimes takes as long as 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to load a page. It only happens on this website; no changes on other websites or forums I am on. I contacted the webmaster about this earlier, but have not heard anything yet.

Anyone else having this problem?

Bruce

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-04, 08:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Some of the Mods have expressed the same concerns. I believe it may have something to do with the DHTML menus at the top - there's a lot of Javascript involved in that. I haven't seen any other major changes to the site.

If it continues, you'll probably see more changes to the site. I would say just hang in there for now, should be resolved soon.

Old 02-29-04, 02:44 AM
Man, I hope they do something soon! I find that I am looking at less than half the posts I used to. In fact, it took close to a minute after I clicked the "reply" button to get to this page to type a reply. Very frustrating.

It's beginning to look like a classic example of "If it works, don't fix it".

Bruce

Old 02-29-04, 05:41 AM
I'm still in the dark ages with dial up and have no problems the pages pop up pretty quick for me.

Old 02-29-04, 06:20 AM
mattison:

I'm in the Dark Ages too. What browser do you have? I have Internet Explorer, latest version.

Bruce

Old 03-01-04, 05:02 AM
Same here IE. Do you empty out your Temporary folders? I have mine set to do it automatically everytime I shut down the internet. That will slow you down big time.

Old 03-01-04, 05:39 AM
Don't know how to empty temporary folders; I looked at the top toolbar and couldn't find anything that looked likw that. BTW, I am on a Mac.

I really don't think that's the problem because I don't have this problem on any other site or forum and this just started all of a sudden when the site changed. I'm willing to try anything at this point, though.

Bruce

**Never mind, I found it. I'll see if that helps. I also increased cache size.

Old 03-01-04, 06:18 AM
Try that. If you go to tools at the top of the page and click internet options then click advanced tab, scroll down untill you find "empty temporary folder when browser is closed", put a check in there and hit apply.

Old 03-01-04, 10:22 AM
Nope, didn't help. **** computers! I'm going over to my hunting forum where I can go at the speed of light.

Bruce