monster television

Old 03-09-04, 08:43 AM
monster television

am i the only one addicted to monster garage, monster house, american chopper, and biker build offs. my wife thinks im crazy and refuses to wath anything but monster house with me. it seems every one [males mostly] i ask about it is also watching the same shows. just curious. if you wath, what is your favorite show? favorite episode?
i have to say my favorite now is the american chopper. the old man is a hoot. he is constantly on paulies butt.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-04, 05:33 PM
Those shows definitely have picked their demographics quite well. I've caught some of American Chopper but I'm not a regular devotee of any of them. Naturally my wife loves any of the house remodel shows. It's funny, we never had cable TV in 25 years of marriage and she probably watched 1 or 2 shows per day. Since last summer when we moved and had to get cable she watches HGTV almost exclusively.

Isn't it the American Chopper guys that did the Super Bowl (initial showing) commercial for one of the high speed internet companies. Anyone who's ever worked for or with their dad can relate to paulie's situation, it's hilarious.

BTW Kerry, where is your golf course.

Frank

Old 03-11-04, 06:58 AM
yea, that was the american chopper guys on the superbowl ad. there funnier on their show to me.
were on lake granbury. i have some friends in your area out at horseshoe bay.

Old 03-17-04, 11:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I love Monster Garage. Jesse James should run for president as far as I'm concerned. My favorite episode was turning the porsche into the golf ball picker. Or maybe the box truck into the package cannon. Not sure which!

The truth is that Jesse James represents everything that is both right and wrong with America. His belief in creating things yourself from scratch and the creativity to do so is critical in life, and I couldn't agree more. People are so dependent on others that they forget that they are capable of doing things for themselves. It's nice to see the "Do what you want in life and you'll find a way to make a living at it" mentality at work.

Chris

Old 03-17-04, 08:37 PM
When I do watch tv, I usually watch those shows. I like them, too.

Kay

Old 03-22-04, 08:25 PM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
UGH! I can't believe no one mentioned Trading Spaces or While you were out.

Sure those shows are becoming a thing of the past, but hey, to the Home Improvement Handicap it's a great show to get ideas.

I sure would like to see a bloopers show with Norm Abraham's New Yankie Workshop, and or see the people whom are really making the stuff for him. For some reason, he always does a perfect job with perfect joints every time. ::Says it sarcastically:: If woodworking could only be that easy.

Old 03-22-04, 08:36 PM
I watch those shows on occassion, but really tire of how cheaply these people do things. I do get some neat ideas here and there on what I can do here.

The other shows are just fun! I also like the Bike buildoffs, etc even tho I'm not a motorcyle rider. Guess its along the lines of I'm not a guitar player but sure love to listen to it deal.

Kay

Old 03-22-04, 09:26 PM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Thus also holds true upon those who say, "My x, husband or boyfriend made me this way" This way meaning, "Jealous, insecure, hateful, mean, etc. People choose to be whom they are today. The people we whom we are today is because of the people in our past and what we've chosen to do about it. People don't just wake up one day and just become someone, nor is anyone "Born that way and the woke up one day to realize it" We as people need to quit making excuses for who we are today and start realizing that noone holds a gun to our head forcing us to do something or be someone we don't want to be. Everything in life is a choice and what you choose to do is your own responsibility, so learn to deal with the repercussions that come with it. We need to realize that even though people have done us wrong, it's our choice 100% to either live with it and let it change who you really are or learn to accept it, learn from it and move on.

Good saying Kay!

On the other idea, yes, you're right. Tradiing Spaces, etc has gone down the crapper. I was so addicted at one point, I didn't even go out on Sat nights because I wanted to watch it. LOL. God, I was pathetic!

Coming from someone who has manufactured custom furniture for the past 15 years and now 4 years as a business owner, it makes me cringe to see the crap that people actually say, "OMG IT'S BEAUTIFUL!"

I'll never forget the episode where Doug designed that mantel to go over the existing mantel. She said, "Do not under any circumstances touch my mantel" Well, technically, he didn't. LOL Then they showed how upset she was and started crying. THAT WAS AWESOME!

Last edited by Furniture Bldr; 03-22-04 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-23-04, 04:27 AM
I've seen those "Trading Spaces " type shows a few times and the part that turns me inside out is when they paint natural woodwork. I love the look of wood and hate to see it painted on trim and moldings. Plus they've just turned a low maintenance item into high maintenance. But hey if they like it and it floats their boat.. good for them.

Jesse James is cool, American Chopper, Norm Abrams rules He is an artist, I would like This Old House more if they would do real world projects real people could afford. There used to be a husband and wife team on that did projects and they were cool, and there was that fat dude and skinny guy who seemed a little gayish they had a cool show. Junk Yard wars can be a good show but it gets old fast. I like while you were out, I couldn't handle trading spaces with any of my neighbors ones a redneck and the other is just plain wierd.