Happy April!

Old 04-01-04, 06:16 AM
Happy April!

I hope everyone at DIY is having a wonderful life!

It'll teach me to not check in more often. Everytime I log on, there are more forums. This is great! DIY is growing and getter better, not just bigger!

Words of thanks to those that have been watching my forums and answering questions while I've been distracted with life.

I am hoping that this balancing act of home, work and other obligations will come together soon! There are days I feel like a chicken with my head cut off, and others that I feel like a kid in a candy store. So many new, exciting and sometimes scary adventures are coming up here in my life.

Have a great day everyone!

Kay

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-04, 07:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Same to you, Kay. Good luck with everything in your life. We all know how hectic things get sometimes. DIY definitely does rock, eh? I love it here! I also throw my thanks into the hat to everyone here in the forums!

Chris

Old 04-04-04, 08:26 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hi: kaybyrd

Yes. Happy April to you too.

Thus far appears April is going to be a good month. Spring has arrived, everything in plant and flower life is now in full blooming, birds returned and singing, etc. Life is good...

Hope your life is good too! And that of all on diy and everyone else.

Diy is changing. Change is good and inevitable in all of life. On diy change for the betterment of all concerned and to all concerned. If change is accepted and well received, it can be a good thing.

I think the current changes on and at diy are a vast improvement for the betterment of all and to all concerned.

There are those type of days we all feel the way you do at times. Nothing new. All part of life. Some days up and some down.

However, I personally would like to feel more like a cat in a sea food store than a chicken with it's head cut off...HAHAHA....

Old 04-04-04, 08:53 AM
After I posted I planned to scoot over to computers to research a problem I was encountering.

I was the chicken with its head cut off for a moment. {lol}

I love those drop down menus at the top of DIY. Sure made it easier to scan the different forums to find where I wanted to be! I can see the need for them now so we don't have to scroll down pages of forum listings to find what topic we're looking.

We had a slight cold spell here again. Not even a blueberry winter or anything like that, just a cold spell. Had to drag out a sweater or three just to stay warm. Now we're back to the beautiful spring weather and the flowers have resumed their blooming.

My dog sure is liking being able to spend all day outside now. He's like a little kid in a candy store! Running around like the spaz he is, or rolling in the grass. He's so fun.

Have a great day everyone!

Kay

Old 04-04-04, 09:16 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hi: Kay

Yes. The dropdowns make a huge improvement. Each offers one of two differnet choices. Used correctly they do make a huge improvement and increase "Surfing" time and pleasures.

To some may be some minor getting use to. For me a vast improvement to be as happy as a "Clam" in salt water...

Excuse me. Multiple generic nautical referrences to salt water, boating, fishing, sea food.....For me....Fishing trip on the horizon...haha and "Salt Water" on the brain.....

BTW:
Blueberries? I LOVE Blueberries. Strawberry season arriving here soon. Huge strawberry festivals about to take place. Presently farm fresh and vine rippened local strawberries are available and cheap. Soon to be in a market near you too....

Trade 'ya...blueberries for strawberries?...LOL!

Old 04-04-04, 09:26 AM
I have plenty of wild strawberries growing in my yard right now. One of these days I'll venture over into the lawn forum and get some help with this yard of mine. So many things I'd like to do with it, yet so little time and $$ to do it.

My focus is getting rid of the ticks! They're back again this year. I'll run to the store today for something to treat it with, and also something for the poor dog. The vet won't be in until Tuesday so I can pick up something that really works for long periods of time. Sad that I live in the city and have to do tick checks every day! Reminds me of when we'd go camping in Arkansas as a kid!

I must have had a senior moment. I think its actually called a blackberry winter, not blueberry. Hmmm, blueberries and strawberries....brings cheesecake to mind {lol}. Cheesecake is my all time favorite food. I will literally eat it until I'm sick. Throw some strawberries and/or blueberries on it and I'm in heaven!

Sounds to me like you are ready to get out on the water! The closest water I have to me is the Mississippi River and its not really pretty (or user friendly) around this area!

Kay

Old 04-04-04, 09:34 AM
In my experience the "Preventic" tick collar for dogs is the best of the pack. Mfg by virbac. Not cheap, by any means, but more effective than any of the drops.

Old 04-04-04, 10:12 AM
Chris,

Is this something that I can pick up at a Pet Store, etc. or do I need to get this from the vet?

I was just going to get some powder to put on him until I can get him to the vet, but if this is something I can get today then I will get it!

Kay

Old 04-04-04, 04:20 PM
I have seen it only at the vet.

Old 04-04-04, 04:29 PM
Thanks Chris,

I'll check with her Tuesday when I go.

Kay

Old 04-06-04, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up Happy April to you all too!

It's spring here too but somewhat different than what you describe Tom and Kay.

I was planning on being away for a couple of weeks, starting with a three day job in a remote community. I left yesterday to drive there on an ice/winter road but had to turn back because of partially thawing mud roads.
We made it to the first stretch of the ice portion but the preceding land portion would be impassable for the return trip two days later.
We did stop and tried some ice fishing and had to drill through five feet of ice, but didn't catch anything.

So, y'all enjoy your strawberries and blooming flowers. We dont put out flowers here 'till the first of June.

BTW, I'm going to get to enjoy some American culture (Mall of America) with a trip to Minneapolis right after Easter.
(Hope to find some kind of mega tool store if I can shake the wife for awhile. )