Political Opinion

Old 04-20-04, 06:35 PM
Lightbulb Political Opinion

This expresses exactly what many think (Republican or Democrat).
Zell Miller is a Senator from Georgia and a Democrat. But he speaks the truth.

U.S. Senator Zell Miller
Floor Statement: 'A House Divided Cannot Stand'
Remarks as Delivered on the Senate Floor
After watching the harsh acrimony generated by the September 11 Commission - which, let me say at the outset, is made up of good and able members - I've come to seriously question this panel's usefulness.

I believe it will ultimately play a role in doing great harm to this country, for its unintended consequences, I fear, will be to energize our enemies and demoralize our troops.

After being drowned in a tidal wave of all who didn't do enough before 9/11, I have come to believe that the Commission should issue a report that says: "No one did enough in the past. No one did near enough."

Then thank everyone for serving, send them home and let's get on with the job of protecting this country in the future.

Tragically, these hearings have proved to be a very divisive diversion for this country. Tragically, they have devoured valuable time, looking backwards when we should be looking forward.

Can you imagine handling the attack on Pearl Harbor this way? Can you imagine Congress, the media and the public standing for this kind of political gamesmanship and finger pointing after that "day of infamy" in 1941?

Some partisans tried that ploy, but they were soon quieted by the patriots who understood how important it was to get on with the war and take the battle to America's enemies, and not dwell on what FDR knew when.

You see, back then the highest priority was to win a war, not win an election. That's what made them "The Greatest Generation."

I realize that many well-meaning Americans see the hearings as "democracy in action." Years ago, when I was teaching political science, I probably would have had my class watching it live on television and using that very phrase with them.

There are also the not-so-well-meaning political operatives who see these hearings as an opportunity to "score cheap points."

Then, there are the Media Meddlers who see this as "great theater" that can be played out on the evening news and on endless talk shows for a week or more.

Congressional hearings have long been one of Washington's most entertaining pastimes. Joe McCarthy Watergate. Iran Contra. They all kept us glued to the TV, and made for conversation around the water coolers and arguments over a beer at the corner pub.

A Congressional hearing in Washington, D.C. is the ultimate aphrodisiac for political groupies and partisan punks.

But, it's not the groupies, punks and television-sotted American public that I'm worried about. This latter crowd can get excited and divided over just about anything. Whether it's some off-key wanna-be dreaming of being the American Idol, or what brainless bimbo The Bachelor or Average Joe will choose or who will Donald Trump fire next week.

No, it is the real enemies of America that I'm concerned about.

These evil killers who right now, right now are gleefully watching the shrill partisan finger pointing of these hearings and grinning like a mule eating briars.

They see this as a major split within the Great Satan America. They see anger, they see division, instability, bickering, peevishness and dissension.

They see the President of the United States hammered unmercifully. They see all this and they are greatly, greatly encouraged.

We should not be doing anything to encourage our enemies in this battle between good and evil. Yet, these hearings, in my opinion, are doing just that.

We are playing with fire. We're playing directly into the hands of our enemy by allowing these hearings to become the great divider they have become.

Dick Clarke's book and its release coinciding with these hearings have done this country a tremendous disservice, and someday we will reap its whirlwind.

Long ago, Sir Walter Scott observed that revenge is "the sweetest morsel that ever was cooked in hell."

The vindictive Clarke has now had his revenge, but what kind of hell has he, his CBS publisher and his axe-to-grind advocates unleashed?

These hearings, coming on the heels of the election the terrorists influenced in Spain, bolster and energize our evil enemies as they have not been energized since 9/11.

Chances are very good that these evil enemies of America will attempt to influence our 2004 election in a similar dramatic way as they did Spain's. And to think that could never be in this country is to stick your head in the sand.

That is why the sooner we stop this endless bickering over the past and join together to prepare for the future, the better off this country will be. There are some things - whether this city believes it or not - that are just more important than political campaigns.

The recent past is so ripe for political second-guessing "gotcha" and Monday morning quarter-backing And it is so tempting in an election year. We should not allow ourselves to indulge that temptation. We should put our country first.

Every administration from Jimmy Carter to George W. Bush bears some of the blame. Dick Clarke bears a big heap of it because it was he who was in the catbird's seat to do something about it for more than a decade. Tragically, it was the decade in which we did the least.

We did nothing after terrorists attacked the World Trade Center in 1993, killing six and injuring more than 1,000 Americans.

We did nothing in 1996 when sixteen U.S. servicemen were killed in the bombing of the Khobar Towers.

When our embassies were attacked in 1998, killing 263 people, our only response was to fire a few missiles on an empty tent.

Is it any wonder? Is it any wonder that after that decade of weak-willed responses to that murderous terror, our enemies thought we would never fight back?

In the 1990's is when Dick Clarke should have resigned. In the 1990's is when he should have apologized. That is when he should have written his book. That is, if he really had America's best interest at heart.

Some will say, "We owe it to the families" to get more information about what happened in the past and I can understand that. But no amount of finger-pointing will bring our victims back.

So, now we owe it to future families and all of America now in jeopardy not to encourage more terrorists, resulting in even more grieving families, perhaps many more over the ones of 9/11.

It's obvious to me that this country is rapidly dividing itself into two camps: the wimps and the warriors.

The ones who want to argue and assess and appease, and the ones who want to carry this fight to our enemies and kill them before they kill us. And, in case you haven't figured it out, I proudly belong to the latter.

This is a time like no other in the history of this country, and this country is being crippled with petty partisan politics of the worst possible kind. In time of war, it is not just unpatriotic; it is stupid, and it is criminal.

So, I pray that all this time, all this energy, all this talk and all this attention could be focused on the future instead of the past.

I pray we would stop pointing fingers, assigning blame and wringing our hands about what happened on that day David McCullogh has called "the worst day in our history" more than two years ago

And instead, pour all of our energy into how we can kill these terrorists before they kill us - again.

For make no mistake about it. They watch these hearings. They are scheming and smiling about the distraction and the divisiveness they see in America. And while they may not know who said it years ago in America, they know instinctively that a house divided cannot stand.

There is one other group that we should remember is listening to all of this - our troops.
I was in Iraq in January and one day when I was meeting with the 1st Armored Division, a unit with a proud history known as Old Ironsides, we were discussing troop morale, and the Commanding General said it was top notch.

And I turned to the Division's Sergeant Major, the top enlisted man in the division, a big, burly, 6-foot-3, 240 pound African American and I said, "That's good, but how do you sustain that kind of morale?"

Without hesitation he narrowed his eyes, and he looked at me and said "The morale will stay high just as long as these troops know the people back home support us."

Just as long as the people back home support us. What kind of message are these hearings and the outrageously political speeches on the floor of the Senate yesterday sending to those marvelous young Americans in the uniform of our country?

I say Unite America! Before it is too late! Put aside these petty partisan differences when it comes to the protection of our people.

Argue and argue and argue and debate and debate and debate over all the other things - jobs and education and the deficit and the environment - but please, please do not use the lives of Americans and the security of this country.

Congressional Oath of Office:
I, American Patriot, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

The Oath of Allegiance (Naturalized Citizens):
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God. ("so help me God" - may be modified on religious grounds).

The Oath of Allegiance (Native Citizens):
The Oath of Allegiance (Permanent Residents):
The Oath of Allegiance (Resident Aliens):
The Oath of Allegiance (Illegal Aliens):

The River of Blood:
The Veteran has given us freedom of religion; freedom of the press: freedom of speech; freedom to peaceably assemble; the right to a fair trial; the right to vote. It is the veteran who salutes and serves under the flag. Is it any wonder that the Congressonal Medal of Honor has only been awarded to Veterans of extreme valour.

You arrive by chance, n' live n' die by choice.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-04, 10:56 AM
irsean
Visiting Guest
Talking Reports Say that the 9/11 Commission could've been prevented.

WASHINGTON, DC—According to key members of the Bush Administration, the tragic proceedings of the 9/11 commission, which devastated the political lives of numerous government officials, could have been averted with preventive action in 2002 and 2003.

Above: Members of the 9/11 commission that destroyed countless political careers.
"A few adept legislative maneuvers could have saved the reputations of hundreds," President Bush's counterterrorism chief Fran Townsend told reporters Monday. "Had we foreseen the dangers of the commission's deceptively simple requests, we could have spared dozens of victims from the shocking, public mangling of their careers."

"It's tragic," Townsend added. "All those political futures snuffed out as millions of Americans watched on television. And to think there was a remote chance that they could've gotten our president."

Although there were only 10 commission members, they worked with shocking efficiency, and served to carry out the decisions made with the help of a much larger network of government employees.

"The frighteningly resolute faces of commission chair Thomas H. Kean and vice-chair Lee H. Hamilton are familiar after several weeks of frenzied media coverage, but the commission's roots run deeper," Townsend said. "The thing that keeps me awake at night is the number of advisors who are still out there today, secretly evaluating our policies. We have no way of knowing who might be called forth by a panel in the future."

"You see the vast scope of the problem," Townsend added. "We're fighting a whole new type of enemy—one that hides among its victims."

National security advisor Condoleezza Rice said that her office did not receive any intelligence regarding the commission's scope until it was already in place, and therefore was unable to implement a strategy to thwart its efforts.

Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) agreed.

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4024

Old 07-11-04, 09:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Me = Voting for "The John's" this year. Bush is too mediocre to be running the most powerful nation on Earth.

Chris

PS. I've decided that I'm going to run for President in 2012. Anyone care to help set up my campaign? My theme will be, "I'm sick of this crap!"

Old 07-12-04, 05:01 AM
Group Moderator
Can't wait to see John-John, the Massachusetts blue-blood multi-millionaire & the North Carolina multi-millionaire trial lawyer, campaigning and telling all the middle class folk how they relate to us and feel our pain. Yeah, right. I'm not in love with GWB either, but I have some real problems with Kerry; not the least of which, as a veteran, is his record on national defense to include spitting on his fellow servicemembers in the immediate post-Vietnam service period.

Old 07-12-04, 02:45 PM
Irsean,
"could have been averted with preventive action in 2002 and 2003."

How about the EIGHT do nothing years before that!!!!

fred

Old 07-12-04, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
I'm not in love with GWB either, but I have some real problems with Kerry; not the least of which, as a veteran, is his record on national defense to include spitting on his fellow servicemembers in the immediate post-Vietnam service period.
And this is a true fact I'm not aware of? If it IS true, then I agree it's treasonous as far as I'm concerned. I know he wasn't Vietnam's biggest fan, but I've never heard of him actually spitting on anyone.

GWB has done some good (not much), but Ashcroft MUST go, and same with Rummy. Cheney is just plain pathetic. They'll be there as long as GWB is, and that's strike one. Strike two is Bush's awful foreign policy that will possibly lead to WWIII and the draft, and strike three is GWB (and Ashcroft) deporting LEGAL immigrants for minor crimes. Those are my biggest personal reasons for wanting him gone, and I voted for him last time!!! Gore would have been worse, I admit...

Kerry isn't the greatest on Earth, and I dislike his seemingly endless ability to be indecisive, but he's better than a guy who couldn't muster better than a C average in college and has had too many business failures to mention. Not to mention his greed, lack of environmental concern, and typical racist attitudes...

Bush wouldn't be TOO bad if he at least surrounded himself with intelligent people instead of warlocks, goons, and braindead, corporate powermongers.

Chris

Old 07-13-04, 06:48 AM
Group Moderator
Should have put that in parathesis - "spitting" -; I meant it in the symbolic way. What he did was worse; testifying before congressional committees as having personally witnessed atrocities by troops for starters. He should have been court-martialed for dereliction of duty at the very least if he was telling the truth.

Wasn't President's Bush's C average at Harvard, where he earned an MBA? Oh, I forgot, MBA's are a breeze there.

And in order to FAIL at business, you have to at least have entered the arena; what has John Kerry ever done in the private sector?

Old 07-13-04, 07:54 AM
Admin Emeritus
Post For Whatever Pf Interest It Is Worth To You

Interesting news report not provided by any USA news media:

http://www.vancouver.indymedia.org/n.../01/105146.php

Old 07-13-04, 02:31 PM
Kerry served his tour of Veit Nam, Bush did not. When he cane back Kerry followed his personal beliefs and protested the administration that kept our troops in someone elses war.

The 9-11 commission was necessary, since there were intelligence reports that said it was coming and it was ignored.

The war in Iraq has nothing to do with the attacks on American soil. Bush chose to invade Iraq of his own accord, in terrorist fashion. The search for the WMDs was unfruitful and Bush scrambled looking for another excuse to have our troops there. Why are we there this week?

Bush is anti abortion, but he will send teenagers to die on his very whim.

I am not a Kerry fan, but he's got my vote. It is time for a new America, and it's coming. There is a HUGE wave of young voters who know what they want. They rally and protest and they get things done. They are the future.

Old 07-13-04, 03:44 PM
Should have put that in parathesis - "spitting" -; I meant it in the symbolic way. What he did was worse; testifying before congressional committees as having personally witnessed atrocities by troops for starters. He should have been court-martialed for dereliction of duty at the very least if he was telling the truth.
Are you serious? Man, if you think simply speaking your mind is actually worse than spitting on someone for doing something they probably didn't want to do in the first place then I think you need a little rewiring. You think his testimony is awful? Well, since it's probably true, what's wrong with that? Now, if he's LYING, then he sucks plain and simple. But why would he lie? It's common historical knowledge about a great many things that happened in Vietnam, and I KNOW that there certainly were many "atrocities" committed by our troops (mainly not by their own wishes, I know).

Wasn't President's Bush's C average at Harvard, where he earned an MBA? Oh, I forgot, MBA's are a breeze there.
Yeah, and he got there riding daddy's coattails. The main point is that he shouldn't have been accepted there in the first place. The man's an idiot. He's well-spoken and has charisma. I'll give him that. He really does have the ability to rouse people and get them going. That's great, but in the end it turns out to be the blind leading the foolish.

And in order to FAIL at business, you have to at least have entered the arena; what has John Kerry ever done in the private sector?
Aside from being a successful attorney, not much. However, since he got into politics soon after Vietnam, he had little time for making money. Shame on him! He doesn't necessarily think it's all about the Benjamin's. You're right, we really do need more greedy, oil-soaked capitalists. That'll definitely make the world a better place!

Chris

PS. I like you tow guy, we just have obvious political differences.

PPS. I don't love JK, btw. Ultimately, I'd prefer Nader. However, Kerry is definitely the lesser of two evils when compared to Bush.

Old 07-13-04, 04:36 PM
Daniel,

There was a 'new' America about eleven years ago.
Remember(if your old enough), we were going to get Health Care for ALL.
Didn't happen! The Dems haven't done squat in a very loooooong time.
(except take away my chance to purchase an original M16 like I carried in Nam).

Oh, WMDs are/were there!
Ask the relatives of the millions that perished during tribal wars. They're all mostly barbarians. Been watching the news lately?

And "invade Iraq of his own accord, in terrorist fashion"
Get serious, Saddam had nine years to hide whatever.
And the U.N. resolutions allowed Bush to do what needed to be done.
It was not vetoed by the security council! It gave the OKAY.

fred

Old 07-13-04, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by fewalt
There was a 'new' America about eleven years ago.
Yep. That "New" America was the greatest economic decade in the history of the planet.

Silly Democrats...

Fred,

Don't get me wrong, I have no love for Kerry, either. Here's the problem...

A hardcore Republican sucks. They're too extreme about everything and they often get blinded by their greed. That's THEIR biggest negative.

A hardcore Democrat sucks. They're too extreme about everything (just in the opposite direction) and they are often wishy-washy and indecisive. That's THEIR biggest negative.

That's why I liked Clinton. He wasn't extreme about anything. He was right in the middle, looking to please everyone (insert sex joke here). He was a good "Republican" Democrat.

That's what we need. Someone in the middle!

That is DEFINITELY NOT Bush (and not Kerry, either), but at least Kerry won't dig this country into an even deeper hole. He may not improve it much, but Bush is driving us right into the ground.

Chris

Old 07-13-04, 08:25 PM
Group Moderator
I think you and I are on the same wavelength, Fred. Chris, and I say this as tactfully and without malice as possible, I suspect you've never served in uniform.

You missed part of my point on JK's post-Vietnam behavior, Chris. My point was that either (a) he was lying to the congressional committees he testified in front of, or (b) he was long overdue for a court-martial. He was not only a Naval Officer, he was a Commanding Officer, and if he did in fact witness the alleged atrocities (and I'm not denying here that there were some committed; I'm old enough to remember My Lai - forgive my spelling, I'm sure that's not correct) then he was guilty of violating probably half a dozen articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (aka the UCMJ). Doing less than half a tour "in-country" and then coming home and crapping on the troops who were still on the front lines getting shot at was unconscionable (if I spelled THAT right) no matter how you slice it. The only difference between JK and Hanoi Jane is that at least he did his protesting here at home.

I chuckle every time I see one of his ads about his Vietnam service, since it was largely his fellow Democrats (everybody remember Abbie Hoffman?) who were on the front lines of the anti-war protests accusing those serving of being baby-killers, etc, ad naseum.

Strange how accurately people think all facets of the Vietnam war were reported and in the same breath have the chutzpah to say "where's the WMD's" re: Iraq. Oh, and I can't help pointing out just exactly who got us IN to Vietnam in the first place: Kennedy & Johnson.

As long as you don't spew the Democratic party line about GWB "stealing" the last election, we can respectfully agree to disagree, Chris.

Shame JK went into public service early in life and sacrificed his financial future; guess he gets along okay now on his wife's $$$millions. Haven't heard anybody worrying about campaign finance reform lately on either side.

I do think JK's naming John Edwards as problably his best move to date; I said moths ago that if he was smart, that's who he would pick for VP. He's young and very charismatic (ala John Kennedy & Bill Clinton). The only drawback is that when they are on the same stage, he'll make JK look even more wooden than Al Gore. All in all should be an interesting fall campaign season. The best part is that the USA will continue to plug along as per the previous 228 years, regardless of who's driving the train.

Hey, in parting, I got an email yesterday with a cartoon attached that even most Democrats would have to chuckle secretly at: It was a pic of JK, Ted Kennedy, and Bill C. descending the steps of an airplane. The caption was "New Law Firm of Dickum [Clinton], Dunkum [Ted] & Taxum [JK].

Old 07-14-04, 08:05 AM
I think you and I are on the same wavelength, Fred. Chris, and I say this as tactfully and without malice as possible, I suspect you've never served in uniform.
First of all, what's that got to do with the price of beans in Mongolia? Secondly, you're half right. I'll make a very long story very short. When I entered high school, I started training with the local Marines every T, Th, & Sun mornings doing PT at 5am. I wanted to be a Marine. Three days after I graduated high school, I was sent to MEPS in Portland, ME to join up. Keep in mind that this was in early June and new recruits were to ship in July. If not July, then I'd have to wait until January. I told my recruiter that I wanted to ship out in July, and if I had to wait until January I wsn't going to go and I would attend college instead. Also bear in mind that I was born with a FATAL allergy to seafood. Not shellfish, seafood. All of it. I can't even take some vitamins because there's kelp in it. My recruiter was told thid from DAY ONE when I started going to their sessions in 9th grade. He knew this for FOUR years and always said it was not a problem. Well, it was a problem, as while I was at MEPS, the doctor refused to allow me to join because of this. The only way to possibly get in now was to get a waiver. This would take a few weeks. So shipout in July was no longer possible and I told them, in essence to sit on it and twirl. I was furious.

Now, back to the "what's that got to do with anything" part. Seriously, the fact that I was never technically IN the military has no bearing on whether or not I am intelligent enough to form opinions based on what I see. In actuality, even though I was never truly "in", I know more about the way the military works than most. First of all, I've been forunate in my life to travel the world. I've seen the most beautiful places this planet has to offer, and I've also experienced the worst it contains. I've seen death, suicide, murder, marriage, birth, beauty, love, and hate all up close and personal. Most of it, I don't wish to discuss (at least not in a public forum). Trust me, I've seen it all.

You missed part of my point on JK's post-Vietnam behavior, Chris. My point was that either (a) he was lying to the congressional committees he testified in front of
No, I didn't miss anything. As I said above in a post, "Now, if he's LYING, then he sucks plain and simple."
(b) he was long overdue for a court-martial. He was not only a Naval Officer, he was a Commanding Officer, and if he did in fact witness the alleged atrocities (and I'm not denying here that there were some committed; I'm old enough to remember My Lai - forgive my spelling, I'm sure that's not correct) then he was guilty of violating probably half a dozen articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (aka the UCMJ).
Why should he have been court-martialed for speaking in Congress? This makes no sense. They asked, he answered. Period.

Listen, sir. Over 3 million civilians died (not directly) because of our countries actions in that war. I have NO IDEA what life was like back then (since I wasn't born until '77), but if you read history, you quickly realize that in hindsight that war was completely stupid. Please don't misunderstand, I have the UTMOST RESPECT for all veterans, regardless of whether or not I agree with WHY they were doing what they were doing. They didn't take the initiative, just followed stupid orders from a stupid government with stupid people in power at the time. John Kerry did nothing that deserved a court-martial.

BTW, should you wish to disregard me as unpatriotic, go HERE. I love my country. I would fight and die for it if they had let me.

Doing less than half a tour "in-country" and then coming home and crapping on the troops who were still on the front lines getting shot at was unconscionable (if I spelled THAT right) no matter how you slice it. The only difference between JK and Hanoi Jane is that at least he did his protesting here at home.
Once again, I ask HOW he "crapped" on anyone... He wasn't against the TROOPS, he was against the WAR THE TROOPS WERE IN. Can't you see the OBVIOUS difference?!

As long as you don't spew the Democratic party line about GWB "stealing" the last election, we can respectfully agree to disagree, Chris.
Well, I'm not some Michael Moore-esque extremist who thinks that those conspiracy theories hold any water. Did he "steal" it? Possibly, I guess. Even if he did, I think it's ok because if he hadn't "stolen" it, we'd be stuck with Gore who's even worse than Bushy.

Shame JK went into public service early in life and sacrificed his financial future; guess he gets along okay now on his wife's $$$millions. Haven't heard anybody worrying about campaign finance reform lately on either side.
That's because both Bush and Kerry are wealthy, blue-blood, white hypocrits.

The best part is that the USA will continue to plug along as per the previous 228 years, regardless of who's driving the train.
Unless the entire planet gets so mad at us that they all turn on us. We're powerful, but we're not that powerful.

Hey, in parting, I got an email yesterday with a cartoon attached that even most Democrats would have to chuckle secretly at: It was a pic of JK, Ted Kennedy, and Bill C. descending the steps of an airplane. The caption was "New Law Firm of Dickum [Clinton], Dunkum [Ted] & Taxum [JK].
LOL! Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one! It's cool because anyone can joke about anything. Here's one about Bush:

George W. Bush meets with the Queen of England. He asks her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," says the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Bush frowns. "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen takes a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligence riddle."

The Queen pushes a button on her intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"

Tony Blair walks into the room. "Yes, my Queen?"

The Queen smiles. "Answer me this, please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says the Queen.

Back at the White House, Bush asks to speak with vice president Dick Cheney. "Dick, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says the vice president. "Let me get back to you on that one."

Dick Cheney goes to his advisors and asks every one, but none can give him an answer. Finally, he ends up in the men's room and recognizes Colin Powell's shoes in the next stall.

Dick shouts, "Colin! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Colin Powell yells back, "That's easy. It's me!"

Dick Cheney smiles. "Thanks!"

Cheney goes back to the Oval Office and to speak with Bush. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Colin Powell."

Bush gets up, stomps over to Dick Cheney, and angrily yells into his face, "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"

Nice debating with you,

Chris

Old 07-15-04, 04:57 AM
Group Moderator
I'll expound a little later on your treatise; however, I knew I was going to get in hot water when I inquired as to your unformed service experience. I salute you for your willingness to serve; I was NOT, NOT, NOT questioning your patriotism. What I'm trying to say (jump in here anytime, veterans) is that it is simply not possible to completely understand the comraderie and fellowship of miltary service, and to completely understand Kerry's stab in the back, without having served. Please, please, please, do NOT take this as an insult! I never went to college, so I would never think that I was completely versed in all the ins & outs & comraderie & fellowship inherent to college life.

Recruiter joke of the day; Know how a recruiter is lying?.....His lips are moving. I was one for two years - got relieved for lack of production; which got me back to what I liked doing a year early. I wouldn't get down on the recruiter for the medical cross-signals; that would have been the responsibility of the MEPS doctors & screeners (although the recruiter may have turned a deaf ear hoping the doc's would pass you through).

Forgot to mention one of the reasons I like Edwards as VP candidate - it will make him a democratic front runner for prez in 2008 (or 2012 if Kerry wins) pushing Hillary down the list.

More later; gotta go make some money.

Old 07-15-04, 07:08 AM
I'll expound a little later on your treatise; however, I knew I was going to get in hot water when I inquired as to your unformed service experience. I salute you for your willingness to serve; I was NOT, NOT, NOT questioning your patriotism. What I'm trying to say (jump in here anytime, veterans) is that it is simply not possible to completely understand the comraderie and fellowship of miltary service, and to completely understand Kerry's stab in the back, without having served. Please, please, please, do NOT take this as an insult! I never went to college, so I would never think that I was completely versed in all the ins & outs & comraderie & fellowship inherent to college life.
No offense taken, my friend. I was simply responding to your inquiry. Oh, and by the way... There really isn't any REAL comraderie that I know of in college. I always hated frats. The "brotherhood" is such a sham in my book. If you want REAL comraderie, join the military, I always say.

Recruiter joke of the day; Know how a recruiter is lying?.....His lips are moving.
LOL, I know that now. I "knew" it back then, too, but I figured the guy wasn't full of it simply because IF he had been lying, HE would have lost a recruit. It was in HIS interests to know what was what. He lost out, not me.

Forgot to mention one of the reasons I like Edwards as VP candidate - it will make him a democratic front runner for prez in 2008 (or 2012 if Kerry wins) pushing Hillary down the list.
Yeah, Hillary doesn't really impress me. Know who I would LOVE to see as president (although it won't ever happen unfortunately)? Colin Powell.

Chris

Old 07-17-04, 08:17 PM
Thumbs up The right stuff.

Yeah, Hillary doesn't really impress me. Know who I would LOVE to see as president (although it won't ever happen unfortunately)? Colin Powell.

Ditto that WB! Don't give up hope, I think he's just waiting for the right group to help him pull it off.

I havent heard for any Nader's Raiders. Any Greens here?

Old 07-18-04, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by marturo
Ditto that WB! Don't give up hope, I think he's just waiting for the right group to help him pull it off.
It'll never happen, mate. His wife will NEVER let him run, and I don't blame her. Some racist %$#hole would try to assassinate him in his first 3 seconds in office. The country has to mature first...

Chris

Old 07-19-04, 11:13 AM
Right group

That's just what I mean't by the right group. Perhaps our Childrens children, I hope.

Miguel

Old 07-19-04, 12:35 PM
I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat, I just think that at THIS point in time, we'd be better off with JK than GWB.

That said, I heard something funny today. It's obvious that I live in Boston, and as we all know, the DNC is coming in a week here (which will be a traffic NIGHTMARE).

I heard on the local news radio today that the stage for the DNC is completed and they were describing it. They said that there will actually be TWO stages where TWO speakers can address the delegates SIMULTANEOUSLY!

Now I ask you... Do you really think that a delegate could listen to the banter of TWO babbling politicians at once?! One is hard enough! LOL! Idiot politicians...

Chris

Old 07-21-04, 12:22 PM
Stereo Politico's

It doe's make one think, if they spend money like this. Is it any wonder why they spend our $$ the way they do.

I won't watch it any more than I watch the other's. I voted yesterday in the Primary. What? Yes it was in May, but NC had to redistrict themselves again.

We can't leave the Votes to chance we must cut our Districts to segregate the races for a better chance to win. Remember Jessie that right we had Jessie Helms since 1906 LOL

Been getting a lot of FAX Spam lately. How about you? Spam SucX. Yet I don't want the Government to get involved in that, or any part of the WWW.

What we are saying over this medium, has given our Speach more Freedom & Power than ever before.

I am a Republican but don't trust them much more than I do the Liberals. I do care that we win this War & I don't think Kerry or Edwards are up to the task at hand. I voted for Edwards, & he not I, lost the faith of both Parties in NC, all by himself. He's only important if God forbid somthing happened to the standing President.

At that point I believe we would need the wisdom of our Vice President serving. After all, we are ruled by people who never knew what the comman Man has had to do to survive. How can you not help but dispise them all?