Who's the man? This guy...

Old 04-23-04, 03:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Who's the man? This guy...

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...N8rEE&refer=us

For those of you who did not know this, Pat Tillman died yesterday in Afghanistan. He was a former NFL player who, after 9/11 left the NFL (and walked away from a multi-MILLION dollar contract) to fight terrorism in the Middle East.

Whether you agree with the war or not doesn't matter. Who actually walks away from millions of dollars to go get shot at in the middle of the desert?! I'll tell you who. Pat Tillman, one of the finest men to ever grace this planet.

Thank you, Pat. May you Rest In Peace...

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-04, 04:10 PM
Talking

Chris,

Thanks for sharing that. I don't have comments on the war, but I do have one for Pat Tillman: thank you.

This, no matter your stance on things, shows you that we don't live in a totally selfish world. There are people that we don't even know willing to give up everything, including their lives, for us.

Kay

Old 04-23-04, 07:35 PM
tae
Every soldier who has died, ever, gave up everything. many well known people have died in war. many rich people have died in war. To trivialize the deaths of others, simply because they were not famous,or rich, or because we do not know what they gave up, is.....................

God bless EVERY soldier, and god bless America.

Old 04-23-04, 07:38 PM
Beautifully said!

Kay

Old 04-24-04, 03:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Tae,

I certainly do NOT trivialize the deaths of any soldier. I hope that story did not come across that way.

Chris

Old 04-25-04, 07:37 AM
I hear on the talk shows all the time how that only the poor and middle class get sent to war and I know it's not true. My prayers are with his family and the families of all the soldiers no matter what their monitary worth is.

It's a sad story that he died but good to see that money isn't everything to some people.

Thanks Mr.Tillman

Old 04-25-04, 12:51 PM
It doesn't matter...

the age, race, financial status.

Its the unselfish act. Our seemingly selfish world is full of unselfish acts whatever the purpose of the act.

The older arthritic gentleman giving up his seat to a young expectant mother, or vice versa.

A person in a poverty stricken area coming into money and sharing it with their neighbors.

Kay

Old 04-25-04, 04:55 PM
tae
To see those who have given their all:
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/ira...es/casualties/

There have been 812 coalition deaths, 708 Americans, 59 Britons, six Bulgarians, one Dane, one Estonian, 17 Italians, two Poles, one Salvadoran, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and four Ukrainians, in the war as of April 25, 2004.

Not to mention every other vet from every other war( living or not) who has risked all to help keep our nation, and the world, a better place.

[SIZE=4]Thank You[/SIZE]

Old 04-28-04, 12:32 PM
all gave some- some gave all.

it think that was in a blly ray cyrus song but it came to mind after reading your posts.

Old 04-28-04, 12:58 PM
Admin Emeritus
"If I Can Dream"...Of A Better Land

Reflections.

Song Lyrics:

"If I can dream of a better land, where all of my brothers walk hand in hand, tell me why, oh why, oh why can't it be true?"

.........Oh Lord. Let it come true, right now.

"The Sun Never Sets On A Legend"*
The King.
Graceland...USA

*TM
Registered Trade Mark

http://www.elvis-presley.com