forum woes

Old 05-24-04, 08:20 AM
forum woes

I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure miss being able to log on, check for new posts and reply to things I feel I can contribute to. I'm betting the stats for new posts has dropped dramatically since the change over and removal of the new posts search for all but the elite posters.

I'll bet it also the reason that the 'members currently online' is also so low now as well, there's nothing new to read, and if there is, there's no way to find it without going through each and every single forum on the list.

These 'issues' should have been resolved on a test server before being put live on the public server, it's easy to lose members, hard to get them back.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-04, 07:17 PM
I doubt that stemming the tide is a forum bug.

Old 05-24-04, 07:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most of these concerns are being addressed - Admin knows about them already.

The moderators were allowed access to a test site a couple of months ago, before the site went live, but, of course, we can't catch everything. And, since it was only mods that were allowed access, the member's problems were not found - what can I say? You live and you learn, next time we'll know.

As I said, the Admin is aware that many members are having problems both posting new messages and getting around in the new format. However, there are only 24 hours in a day - as it is, these guys are already busy. They have asked us, the Mods, to hang in there while the bugs are worked out - as a member, I ask each and every one of you to do the same.

If you are having serious issues, please let us know by posting them in the Forum Bug Reports.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Old 05-26-04, 03:09 AM
Everything is the same as it was except some things are accessed in different locations. Click "Quick Link" and scroll down to click "New Posts." Once you get comfortable with locating new locations for our old clicks, you will be fine. Took me a little time. It's tough for some of us old folks to learn new tricks, but we eventually get with the program. I am still figuring out what Admin did to me. It has slowed me and my computer down.

Old 05-26-04, 09:45 AM
Change your status from 'super mod' to plain old reged user like most of us, and you'll find that the quick link for new posts doesn't work. We don't have access to it. Only those 'elite posters' I mentioned can access it.

As for the test site, the mods should have known that their access level is different, and should have created a few normal accounts to access with, standard debugging procedures really.