Forum slow?

Old 06-14-04, 07:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Forum slow?

Anyone else noticing that the forum is slow the last day or two? In Firefox, there have been a few times where it has taken (not kidding here) 10 minutes to load a page in the forum. In IE, it just grinds to a halt. Some other times, it's fine... Anyone else experiencing this?

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-04, 07:58 PM
Seems to be slower, but I've made a lot of changes to the computer over the weekend - so I thought it may have just been me.

Loading is taking forever here - IE6.

Old 06-15-04, 06:59 AM
Yeah,

The weird thing is that I am now on my laptop in another location and it's fine. Even at home, sometimes its ok there, too. It seems to e very sporadic and i can't locate any pattern. Sometimes it "loads", but the only thing on screen is the site header... Weird.

Chris

Old 06-15-04, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Me too.

I suffer from variable speed as well.
I have gone to a great deal of trouble to install an antenna on the roof of my two story house and cat 5 and a plug on the second story for the modem of this 900mhz wireless system.
This system is considered medium speed but my speed ranges from near dial-up to way better that dial up.

Anyway, I have been looking for a way to objectively measure speed because a bottleneck can occur anywhere in the system.

What I do for comparison and hopefully see where the trouble occurs is to have a different forum bookmarked that uses an older version of vBulletin and compare load times.
This is a very heavily used site that I guess is taxing the software.

I use McAfee speed test which is usefull but doesn't seem to be as telling as loading a different site. (Right now my McAfee speed is 168 Mbps.)
Anyone with a better guage of speed I'm all ears.

Old 06-18-04, 06:45 PM
Haven't had a problem in about a week now. Guess it was a little bug. Perhaps DIY just had the flu for a few days. All back to normal.

Chris