Mexico is America's Heartland?!

Old 06-30-04, 07:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Mexico is America's Heartland?!

Wow...

My wife bought some little soaps from Bath & Body Works. I was unwrapping one today and on the bottom of the wrapper it said, and I quote:

Fresh from America's Heartland
Made in Mexico
I'm moving to Australia, this is ridiculous...

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-04, 07:50 AM
It almost seems like the truth sadly.

Old 06-30-04, 10:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
How about those American flags that are imported? American cars that are made in other countries, and foreign cars that are made here? It's a mess, but I still think this is the best place to be. I wouldn't go to australia for no other reason than the fact that they pretty much removed citizens rights to own guns and defend themselves.

Old 07-01-04, 07:02 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by cheese
How about those American flags that are imported? American cars that are made in other countries, and foreign cars that are made here?
That's different, though. It's one thing to have a product made elsewhere. It's another thing entirely to CONTRADICT yourself right on the label. See original post. Besides, it really doesn't matter anyway. There are plenty of "foreign items" made in the USA. Realistically, it all balances out...

Originally Posted by cheese
It's a mess, but I still think this is the best place to be. I wouldn't go to australia for no other reason than the fact that they pretty much removed citizens rights to own guns and defend themselves.
I agree, and was being facetious. I love Aussie-land, but wouldn't go there to live...

Chris

Old 07-01-04, 07:33 AM
Admin Emeritus
My Two Cents

If it ALL balanced out...this country wouldn't have a huge negetive trade balance. Our country owes much too much to other countries, regardless of which country it is. Shame on us.

Our government leaders sold us out with all trade laws. Laws which favor and encourage manufacturing outside the USA. OPIC (Overseas Private Investment Corp) is our tax dollars, which are used directly and indirectly to fund companies that move out of the USA to any foreign conutry.

Imagine that. Our tax dollars used against us...to unemploy, de-employ and under-employ American workers.....Read the trade rules yourself.

The USA, once richest industrialized and largest consumer product manufacturing country on the planet, currently manufacturers and imports more products from abroad then made here.

Regardless of the company and or where the company is located. Foreign companies assembling products here in America do so to save shipping costs. Cheaper to ship parts than assembled products in some instances.

Overseas companies do not build or assemble products here in America soley to employ Americans. It's about money and return on profits to investors.

Old 07-05-04, 10:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sharp said: "Overseas companies do not build or assemble products here in America soley to employ Americans. It's about money and return on profits to investors. "

Oh but wouldn't they have you think differently?!!!

Tax dollars being used to unemploy us??!! That wouldn't have anything to do with the hotel and gas station situation would it? If you know what I mean.

Search this Thread