Super Slow Web Site/moved not auto related

Old 07-13-04, 04:34 PM
artbuc
Visiting Guest
Super Slow Web Site

This is a general message to the managers of the DoItYourself website. Maybe it is just me but I couldn't find a way to make a general communication other than thru a specific forum.

I have not logged on for a while and now I remember why. Your website is slower than molasses. I guess it is fine for those on hi-speed but, as a dial-up user, your website is practically unusable.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-04, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by artbuc
I have not logged on for a while and now I remember why. Your website is slower than molasses. I guess it is fine for those on hi-speed but, as a dial-up user, your website is practically unusable.
That reflects on the speed of your modem, not the site. Maybe it's time for you to move up to high speed.

Old 07-13-04, 06:02 PM
So you are saying it is too slow for you to read?You didn't ask a question for anyone to answer.Modems that are dialup are dinosaurs as I'm sure you are aware.Technology moves foward and even high speed connections are slowing down due to the increasing amount of downloaded material.The internet is getting more complex Dsl and Cable will be slow very soon.By the way your dialup can be affected by the connection at the telephone pole as was mine several years ago.The phone worked fine but the internet connection was slowed way down due to corrosion at the pole.A new wire from the pole to the house corrected the problem.

Old 07-13-04, 06:04 PM
artbuc
Visiting Guest
Maybe, but tell me why I have no problem with the other six forums I use on a regular basis plus I have no problems when I generally surf the web. Whether you like it or not, your site is constucted in a way that makes it much, much slower than other comparable sites. See ya later.

Old 07-13-04, 06:10 PM
I use this site with cable at home, dsl at work, and standard dial-up at my gf's. Although the cable is without question much faster than the other 2, I've never noticed any difference at all between this and any other site. Perhaps you should be looking at your equipment. As Davo said, a dinosaur is a dinosaur....

Old 07-14-04, 11:31 AM
There are times when the site is very slow... sometimes slow enough to make me quit looking.
Opening a post takes 10 seconds sometimes, and posting takes even longer. Not all the time, but often enough.
It does this both at home (1.5Mb DSL) and at work (T1 line).

Old 07-14-04, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by trinitro
There are times when the site is very slow... sometimes slow enough to make me quit looking.
Opening a post takes 10 seconds sometimes, and posting takes even longer. Not all the time, but often enough.
It does this both at home (1.5Mb DSL) and at work (T1 line).

I agree. I always assumed it was all the goofy pictures and icons that I find really unneccesary. I figure some people like the eye-candy more than me.
What kind of server is running this site?

Old 07-14-04, 01:56 PM
Churchguy
Visiting Guest
10 seconds!?!!!!! Now your making me feel like a dinosaur. In about two sentences I'm going to break into a healthy dose of "I remember whens!" Not that I'm ancient or anything, but give me a break! 10 Seconds! "I remember when" AOL was top of the line and it still 5 minutes to get a connection on their dial-up....oh wait, that hasn't changed. Sheesh, 10 seconds!