User controls (i know its off subject but didnt know where to put it)

Old 07-14-04, 07:16 AM
User controls (i know its off subject but didnt know where to put it)

Didn't know where to put this so I just put it in the forum I'm in the most, feel free to move it if there's a better spot for it. Anyway, is there a way that a user, after signing in, can go to a list of threads in which he/she has posted. If not, seems like this may be a useful thing to have, I've noticed myself spending alot of time trying to remember and find all the threads I am or was active in, in an effort to follow up if necessary. Just a thought

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-04, 11:28 AM
found my own answer....very much by mistake but none-the-less......for anyone else's benefit though...click on your name (or go to your profile some other way)...down a little on the left....."find all posts by this user" (or something to that effect. blush ...if i had only looked a little more. Ah well

Old 07-14-04, 04:20 PM
oops....that doesn't work...hmmmmm ....ok then I retract my retraction of my original question ...is there a way to do this?

Old 07-15-04, 12:50 PM
Up in the top left of your screen in the header bar you will see User CP this is your control panel. At the top of your control panel you will see subscribed threads. Just under that you will see View all subscribed threads and within those threads shown you will see all your posts. Hope this helps.

Old 07-15-04, 12:54 PM
Also you were on the right track with your Profile. Just Click on your name select public profile scroll down to forum info then click on find all post by (your name) this will display only your posts and not the entire thread. Just an additional thought.

Old 08-08-04, 10:51 PM
If you would like, you can also subscribe to a thread by clicking on the 'forum tools' link.

You can also subscribe to a whole forum. This makes it easy if there are particular forums that you frequent.

Then, all you have to do is go to the USER CP when you sign into the forums and see all the forums listed, and if there are new posts. Or you can simply click on the forum name in the subscribed list and it will take you directly to that forum where you can read all the posts.

As far as receiving notification when someone has replied to your post, then you can do that in your USER CP as well. Change your settings under EDIT OPTIONS to receive email notifications for responses to threads where you have posted.

Hope this helps, and I apologize for a late response to the post! Have been MIA for quite awhile now.

Kay

Old 08-09-04, 08:20 AM
Group Moderator
What would be really REALLY nice would be if the administrators would fix some of the inoperable features on the site such as "Member's List" and "New Posts" which have been broke for at least 6 months.

TG

Old 08-09-04, 06:11 PM
What's wrong with the 'new posts' link? Seems to work for me, but then again, I'm not on the site that often lately. Usually shows about 20 pages of posts. Today its showing 11 pages.

Wonder why the members link is disabled?

kay

Old 08-11-04, 05:07 AM
Group Moderator
KB, you are a M O D E R A T O R; we non-moderator peons have not had a functioning "new Posts" link since the lst time they overhauled the site, at least six months. We get greeted with this message:

the_tow_guy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any administrators listening out there?

Old 08-11-04, 06:25 AM
Strange...

I just signed in as my alter ego. The New Post function works for me, but I can't post? I'm not authorized?

I have been MIA for too long, haven't I!?!

Kay