Thanks, Admin

Old 09-03-04, 02:19 PM
Group Moderator
Thanks, Admin

Many thanks to the adminstrators for the new eye-friendly colors and ESPECIALLY to the now-functional "New Posts" link!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-04, 05:14 PM
Robert,

Me too, I like the look but I gather you haven't completed whatever you might be doing. I assume this as the advertisements are not on the side.

Thanks for a great color combo!

Old 09-09-04, 06:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Guys, this is just one of the default templates vBulletin has. He is only using it temporarily to make the site accessible via Gecko browsers until they actually figure out why Gecko browsers stopped working with the template they WANT to use (the green/orange cucca).

Sorry, but this probably won't last...

Chris

Old 09-09-04, 05:55 PM
Doug

Doug what did I say Dejavu for Blue. ( (the green/orange cucca)?

Anything but Blue & Musturd yuk.

Old 09-09-04, 08:29 PM
Bad Color!

Marturo,

OK, you are right! This is a bad color, seems depressing versus the blue. The other was more upbeat when you looked at it. Pity, give us something new to look at, alot of compliments and it's gone! This one doesn't compare to the other and is unappealing. If it wasn't for the content of the posts, I wouldn't be looking through this at all.

But then again, I have been looking at this for a long time, others much longer than I! I guess when you want things to change, they don't and when you don't want change, they do! Never can win, can we?

Such is life!

Old 09-10-04, 06:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I won't get into all of it, but the preferred colors on the web in most situations are:

light, steel blues - Very businesslike

light greens - Same, but softer. More for "home" sites

grays - Businesslike

reds - Flashy, for high content sites usually designed for young people.

Notice that there's no oranges and dark blues in there. Especially when combined together.

Chris

Old 09-13-04, 09:52 AM
Group Moderator
Well, it was nice while it lasted. The links that have been dead for about a year are dead again, also. VERY FRUSTRATING, GUYS.

Old 09-14-04, 10:51 AM
Smile What's in a color?

WB you mentioned (the green/orange cucca). While I have no idea what that is I would have to say the choice we have now is ( The Blue/Yellow Cubbie )

I once wore these colors in the Cub Scouts. The best thing about being a Cubbie was knowing you would become a Boy Scout some day & get out of that silly uniform. This color choice if it can be called a choice is unique indeed. ( Blue/Yellow Cubbie )

Other than a Cubbie Blog what preferred colors on the web do these fit?

There have been a number of Members & MODs have made their feelings known how they feel about our past & present colors. It's like paint at Lowe's, you know the $1.00 a gallon in the shopping cart out front. Why do they sell it so cheap? If you have to ask you have not seen it. Top quality paint mixed for a Customer who did not pick it up, because it makes you sick to see it on your Dog house.

You get what you pay for.

Search this Thread