Finally ... Retirement!!

Old 09-04-04, 06:56 PM
NutAndBoltKing
Visiting Guest
Smile Finally ... Retirement!!

I am very pleased to announce that my retirement is now official; and as of yesterday, my fastener and related businesses are now employee (over 40 great people) owned and operated.

I want to thank everyone at DoItYourself for sharing all their experiences, for offering their good advice, for being good friends and for bringing humor and hearty laughs whenever I needed it most.

For those who don't know; back on April 7, 1976 I started a one man operation selling fasteners (just 2 kinds; dynabolts and drywall screws) from the trunk of my car. Hard work and long hours offering the best products at good prices allowed the business to grow. While I have accomplished most of my goals I am most proud of my student work study agreements and local scholarship programs.

I also want to take this opportunity to encourage anyone who has thought about starting a business to pursue their dreams ... to "go for it" ... to use those gifts and talents you've been given. If a knucklehead like me can do it you can too!

Thank you and good luck to all!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-04, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up Congratulations, I'm sure you earned it!

So, I hope this means that you will have more time to share what you know around here.
You have offered some pretty soilid advice in the past...................I hope it continues.

Old 09-05-04, 07:03 AM
Congratulations

Congratulation King!
And seeing as I just started my own business out of the trunk of my car 5 months ago, thank's for the inspiring story

Old 09-05-04, 12:31 PM
Congrats on the rerirement Nut and Bolt King. It is a true success story when a man starts a small business out of his car and winds up with 40 employees. I am glad to see the employees bought it, employee owned businesses run pretty smooth and give the employees something to be really proud of too. My hat is off to you!

Old 09-09-04, 06:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you're ever in Boston, look me up and I'll buy you a drink, mate.

Congratulations and cheers,

Chris

Old 09-10-04, 08:14 PM
I would like to congratulate you as well!

It's an accomplishment that is worthy of high praise. My mom was saying that none of us kids don't want to work for anyone. She's right but I have and it wasn't all that bad. I have had 4 businesses in my short 51 years, 2 of which were partnerships of which I sold my share to try other things. I think in todays marketplace, working for someone is becoming a liability. This seems to be true when you work for large corporations. The ones that start out as you, strive to be fair and honest, those are the ones that deserve all the credit and employees appreciate what you do. It's a team effort and it isn't always about money, it's feeling that you're contributing to the overall cause. Look at us moderators, no pay but it is a sense of helping others that makes us feel good inside. (most of the time)

Please enjoy your retirement and stay around to help others.

Best to you and yours!