# of views??

Old 11-20-04, 04:41 PM
SkyKing
Visiting Guest
# of views??

The number of views is the number of posts plus one (probably the creators "view").. I remember the old version used to have an counter everytime the page was loaded (which made the posts less than accurate as far as views).. is there a way to get it so you can tell how many different people have opened the page.. not just the ones that have viewed it... I'm not sure if vBulliten has coding capability but it should be an easy statement to write.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-04, 05:02 PM
Admin Emeritus
Thumbs down If It Ain't Broke.....

Hello: SkyKing

You're correct. The old version did have that counter everytime the page was loaded feature also. New version may not or it is not activated at this time. Nor would it likely be activated until the current problem of views counter is corrected.

Some forums, as the are commonly refered to, which I refer to as topics and not forums, have view counter problems. Until that condition is corrected, not likely to make any changes or add yet another option.

Nor likely will I suggest or recommend adding that page loading feature even after the current counter problem is fixed. The old saying coming back into play.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it or $$#@##!% with it, until it is broken.....

Old 11-23-04, 07:48 PM
Smile Atitudes & there effect on others.

Hi Ho Skyking

You said: I'm not sure if vBulliten has coding capability but it should be an easy statement to write.

Why sure they do. I belong to other forums that use vBulliten, & they work real well compared to other forum templates. It all follows the art of reasonable thought, & that is one thing we are sorely lacking for some time now.

Visit FreeAdvice.com & take a look around. DIY was once a pleasant friendly place to spend ones time. How, & if DIY will ever return to this again will depend on everyone, & their attitudes.

I believe we were told there are more members joining everyday, however I would like to see the #s myself. My forums have never been as slow as they are now, so it must be some other forum that is the big draw.

Good talking with you Skyking.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, & yours.

Old 11-23-04, 08:32 PM
Admin Emeritus
M

Thanks for bring it to my attention. What I stated implies I am not about to fix what ain't broken. Not so. I should have stated THEY (not me) will not fix it, correct it nor change it.

Whatever IT is or whatever IT means is the same.
Views counter, etc. etc. etc.

Their thinking is:
"If it ain't broke, (Now) don't fix it or $$#@##!% with it, until it is broken."

It was broken several times before, in this very version.

The fixes or changes made did not work, so it was broken at that time.

Now it works as it (the site) currently is now.

Not likely to be $$#@##!% with it, until broken once again....

Thus, what we have is what we got and what we get.

End of story.
Case closed.
Courts Adjourned

Meet you at http://FreeAdvice.com

BTW:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!

Search this Thread