For Moderators

Old 12-03-04, 04:12 AM
Superman
Visiting Guest
For Moderators

Sorry for this message but I don't use this forum that often. I don't know where to post this message but I needed to contact you. If you can PM me and just delete this message after you read it, that will be fine too.

Other PHP forums that I go to, you have the capabilities to search for all previous posts. How come I can't do it here? It would be nice if we have this feature so that people can search on previous posts on a subject and the subjects does not have to get repeated on and on. Otherwise, it will take up lots of your server space. I just want to search for all of my previous posts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-04, 04:44 AM
If you click on your username in this forum, a menu opens with the option to find all posts by you.

Old 12-03-04, 04:59 AM
Admin Emeritus
Arrow Searching Methods

Hello: Superman

I moved your question out of it's originally posted topic here. Good enough question to share the information with more members and where it is more likely to be viewed, than in the original topic the question was posted in.

Try using the search option in the thin blue bar area above.

The thin blue bar area above has these words:
Thread Tools - Search this Thread - Rate Thread - Display Modes

Another thin blue bar area above has these words:
User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

The Keyword Search option is another method.
Use the drop down arrow to select the area to search in.

And still another means is at the base of the forum topics list of questions.
Number of days to go back and in which order, etc. "Seek and you will find."

Another method is to select the default number of threads to view in a forum topic. That option is available in your user cp selections.

Disclaimer:
Not all options are available to every user.
Far too many reasons why to note here.

Web Site Host & Forums Monitor.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 12-03-04, 10:15 AM
Group Moderator
You must have a different view than I have, Sharp. My menu line says:

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar Quick Links Log Out

and other one says:

Old 12-03-04, 05:58 PM
I have the same views as "the tow guy". Ever since these forums adapted the new format, I have not been able to search an individual forum. This is using "Safari" on the Macintosh. The only search option available is at the very top "search community forums". Using the new "Firefox 1.0 for Macintosh" results in the same diminished views and options.

Using Microsoft Internet Explorer for Macintosh gives a different view from the above and different than sharp's. The thin blue bar has the following: User CP, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, Mark Forums Read, Open Buddy List, Log Out. No search there, but at the very bottom there is an option to "Search This Forum". This is great, except I like almost all other Macintosh users don't want to use Internet Explorer anymore.

I have no problems with other PHP forums that I post on. Firefox and Safari work fine and all options and views are the same for both PC and Mac. It would be great if the admins of this community forums site would look into fixing this.

Old 12-03-04, 07:49 PM
Group Moderator
Okay, Mods & Admins, what gives here. This morning I didn't have the search or new posts on the menu bar and now I do. In addition the "New Posts" link in the "Quick Links", which until now said I was not authorized, is now functional. Somebody actually fix the website or just get tired of my complaining and promote me to the inner circle?

Old 12-04-04, 06:27 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Tow Guy, Rainbird, Superman, all members and topic readers.

Going out on a limb here again. Best of my knowledge....No body changed anything on the site. The permissions levels are not the same for all users.

Thus, in my case at least, what operations and functions appear and are visable and usable will differ between a member, a moderator and a super moderator. This does not even take into account personal settings on individual computers, the operational systems of the softwares used and different browsers, etc. Many variables can be applicable.

Any of such so called "problems and or conditions" happen to me too. And will happen to any of you also. When such happens, it is far too often a quick to judgement issue results. Blame is placed on the web site when the real cause is ones own computer.

Been there and done that myself. And every problem ever described recently is NOT the result of the web site nor any changes made to it. The so called problem and or condition was always the result of my own computer and how I used it, etc.

Cannot describe each different occurrence type here. Would take much too long. But I too have had them happen to me. The specific so called problem described below in this thread happened to me also. The web site, in this instance, simply timed out, logged me out and that very pop up window decribed here happened to me too.

Okay, Mods & Admins, what gives here. This morning I didn't have the search or new posts on the menu bar and now I do. In addition the "New Posts" link in the "Quick Links", which until now said I was not authorized, is now functional. Somebody actually fix the website or just get tired of my complaining and promote me to the inner circle?
The condition corrected itself when I logged back into the site. All the conditions and so called problems where corrected, visable and usable. Very often simply a matter of logging out of the site and logging back in.

The above may not apply to each user, every operating system and or cover every case in every instance and or situation, etc. But suffice it to say...do not blame the web site when such problems occur. Do not be so quick to place blame and or false judgment on the web site.

Check your own computer. Often times that is where the so called "Problems" are present. Especially when the conditions are self correcting after a reboot and or logging out and logging back in to the site.

Web Site Host & Forums Monitor.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 12-06-04, 12:08 AM
Superman
Visiting Guest
I still cannot do a search to look for all of my posts. Sorry!

Old 12-06-04, 02:56 PM
Clack on your name on any on your posts and it opens a list of options, one of them will say find all posts by Superman.

Old 12-08-04, 11:53 AM
Superman
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Daniel Wachtel
Clack on your name on any on your posts and it opens a list of options, one of them will say find all posts by Superman.
I have been doing that and got this.
-------------------------------------------------------
Superman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.