What's in a name ??

Old 01-29-05, 08:16 AM
What's in a name ??

I'm sure this has been asked here before but lets go again. There are so many user names that seem intresting. Mine is kind of boring being it's my middle name.

What does your user name mean and is there a story behind it?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-05, 08:53 AM
Group Moderator
Ummm, mine is my mother's maiden name; always figured you were matti's son.....

Old 01-29-05, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
Talking Ok, I'll play

My username took a lot of thought.

Greg stands for Greg and H stands for the first letter of my last name.
My middle name is John but it would have been too complicated to figure out how to include it.

Useless tidbit of information:
Using the same username in different forums on the internet is quite common. Makes it easy to track down troublemakers.

Old 01-29-05, 08:20 PM
A good friend used to razz me about the fact that about 5 or 6 of our rentals were bigger, nicer and in better neighborhoods than we lived in, and that we typically drove around in old beater cars. One day a couple of tenants had to bring us their (late) rent. One, an attorney drove up in his Mercedes, the other a pretty high up software designer at a pretty well known outfit came by in his Lexus. My buddy said, "just some your the deadbeats bringing the rent to the slumlord".

Frank really is my first name.

slumlordfrank (although now it should be mortgagelord)

Old 01-31-05, 07:03 AM
I suppose you can figure the fatkid part, the 66 is the year i was born, and the jersey # i wear for hockey!!

Old 02-07-05, 03:27 PM
Glad you asked Mattison... Hope everything has been good with you

My name comes from the movie Terminator obviously. I did not just pick it because I like the Terminator movies, I also picked it because I am a gamer and I will kick your a** lol. So basically I am known to terminate you in gaming haha. I hope that is explaining it enough. If you need more, just PM me ok?

Old 02-07-05, 04:26 PM
I play a mean game of checkers.

Old 02-10-05, 06:18 PM
Mattison, if you are toired of usung your middle name you can use mine, I never do. By the way it is Voorhees, but don't tell anyone.

Old 02-11-05, 10:13 AM
i sure wish i could've come up with something better than my real first name, but i wanted to register right away and felt pressured, so i just choked! i keep thinking i'll come up with something better & ask for it to be changed....but i never do!!

a couple of user names that have cracked me up recently are "Art Vandalay" and "Leon Phelps" ~ too funny!

Old 02-21-05, 03:34 PM
Aarno
Visiting Guest
Interesting question. I use Aarno only because it's not my real name. It's a pseudonym. Can't reveal my real name until the statute of limitations expires.

Aarno

Old 02-27-05, 06:37 PM
Group Moderator
Anybody care to guess where my name came from?

OK, if you can't figure it out. It's what I do for fun and where my some of my family is from.

Old 03-08-05, 01:10 PM
lost_ring
Visiting Guest
Lost: ring

I once found a ring (like jewelry) in my apartment building. I left a note in the elevator that I had found it and if it belonged to someone, they should contact me. I didn't want to leave my name or apartment number so I made up an e-mail address just for that purpose and put that on the note. Since then I've used that e-mail address for other purposes and I like to have the user name match the address.

Old 03-09-05, 04:17 AM
Did anyone ever claim the ring?? Enquiring minds need to know.

Old 03-09-05, 08:55 AM
I chose Lugnut over CentrifugalWaterPumpClutch because some engines are air cooled. But all cars have lugnuts.

Old 03-10-05, 10:13 AM
lost_ring
Visiting Guest
Nope

Nobody ever claimed the ring. It looked to be kind of cheap anyway, but I didn't want to make assumptions on the sentimental value of the ring, or the actual value for that matter. BTW, lostring (with no space) was already taken as an e-mail address.