Ed the Plumber.

Old 03-19-05, 03:43 PM
Ed the Plumber.

I just saw a cable tv show called, Ed the Plumber. (yeah, I know, it's probably been on for years, right?)

Anyway, I enjoy it. I've never seen plumbing illustrated as so exciting and fun as it is on the show. Of course I've only seen two of the shows, but I learned something from each of them.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-05, 04:49 PM
Do NOT believe everything you see on television. Ed puts on a very entertaining and interesting show. BUT, he skips steps and if you were doing the same project he did, you would have problems. Guess thats why they have a disclaimer at the end of the show. He shows the basics but leaves out some important things. You also, as we do here, have to beware of what State you are doing things in. Isn't same code everywhere.

Old 08-17-05, 07:34 PM
Ed the Plumber update

Saw Ed installing a body shower tonight on TV. He used a compression fitting inside the wall. No code that I am aware of allows compression fittings in any area that is not readily accessible (access panel or in full view). As stated before, check local codes before you install what you saw done on TV.

Search this Thread