Arent dentists funny?

Old 05-10-05, 12:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Arent dentists funny?

My childhood dentist said that My jaw wasn't shaped right for wisdom teeth or something to the effect that I would never have to worry about them. Had a bad toothache, which I thought was just a broken molar, so I went to get it pulled. Turns out that it was a rotted wisdom tooth and a broken molar. Thank goodness it was only $268 plus prescriptions.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-05, 07:07 PM
That wasn't Dr. Clifford was it?
Your childhood dentist, I mean

Old 05-11-05, 03:44 AM
I thought my dentist was being funny when he charge me over $100 bucks to clean my kids teeth each. Then I saw the bill, yet he was still smiling.

Old 05-11-05, 09:51 AM
Had Dr. Anderson in Old Saybrook as I was growing up. Had Dr Demas as my first orthodontist (please do not let me tell you what little of that horror I remember). Gettin X-rays of the rest of my teeth end of next month for $175. He is going to love my teeth . I guess that is what I get for not going to a dentist for X-rays and cleaning for 15 years, only other time I went since was for a root canal in Summer '95.

Old 05-11-05, 08:02 PM
tae
on the other hand, my childhood dentist was awesome. in and out in 30 minutes or less, including "numb" time. perfect job always. now my new dentist, i just went to today. i had a cap fall off. it was fixed in about 10 minutes, and when i went to pay and said how much? they said dont worry about it.

Old 05-12-05, 04:08 AM
It's funny you mention the orthodontist. I get so jelous these days with how unobtrusive and nice looking braces are. When I had them back in the early 80's it was like I had 5lbs of metal in my mouth and it hurt like H.E. Double Hockey Sticks for days after an adjustment.

My sons mouth is pretty straight but my 9 year old daughter will no doubt get braces and I sure dread that cost.

Old 05-17-05, 11:16 AM
I wore the 'full metal jacket' too, Mattison. I was so jealous when 4 years later my younger brother got braces and they were only on the front of his teeth. Now, they have cool things like Invisiline (sp?) and other methods to straighten teeth that aren't so bad.

My oldest will wear inivisiline when I can afford it, and the youngest will, unfortunately, wear something similar to what you and I wore. He has an extra tooth in his mouth, and teeth are in front of teeth, etc.

Kay

Old 05-17-05, 11:52 AM
Roxyguy
Visiting Guest
Invisalign

Ain't technology grand?! YA can't see them, and they take only about 11 months to get the job done... versus the 2 1/2 years of metalmouth fatigue I endured in the early '80s....

I've got 4 little ones and I know each one will probably end up at the orthodontist! Oy Vey!

Old 05-17-05, 02:11 PM
Have them play hockey. The fights in hockey may straighten out their tteth a lot cheaper than an orthodontist.

Search this Thread